HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone going to buy a dozen of this DX 15 Returns Batman figure to replicate this?

tumblr_nadn4avsik1rrkahjo1_500.gif
tumblr_nadn4avsik1rrkahjo2_500.gif
tumblr_nadn4avsik1rrkahjo3_500.gif
tumblr_nadn4avsik1rrkahjo4_500.gif

tumblr_nadn4avsik1rrkahjo5_500.gif

Kane52630

Not sure if this has been posted, but looks terrific:

1146134_684880361586500_7181539290337587851_o.jpg

Anyone going to buy a dozen of this DX 15 Returns Batman figure to replicate this?

Looking again to this scene brings me some questions: in the first shot you see the vault door open and three or more complete costumes inside. Bruce walks to the complete costumes and even stops for half a second in front of them. Then Bruce doesn't take any of the complete costumes but instead he takes a separate body and a cowl. I believe this is a deliberate artistic choice, but when you think about it, it doesn't make sense.

It still looks badass though!

Looking again to this scene brings me some questions: in the first shot you see the vault door open and three or more complete costumes inside. Bruce walks to the complete costumes and even stops for half a second in front of them. Then Bruce doesn't take any of the complete costumes but instead he takes a separate body and a cowl. I believe this is a deliberate artistic choice, but when you think about it, it doesn't make sense.

It still looks badass though!

Maybe he hasn't washed those complete ones yet...he sure wouldn't want the stench to give away his position when he's hiding or stalking someone :)

While I am at it there something I want to know, what is that blue stuff batman throws at catwoman on that roof scene?

I watched a 'making of' last week and Michelle Pfeiffer discussed her fight with Batman and said 'he burnt Catwoman's arm with acid'.

I always wondered the same because it never really explains.

That seems to be what the mark/injury is on her arm that we see when her and Bruce are getting it on by the fire.

Meow.

I watched a 'making of' last week and Michelle Pfeiffer discussed her fight with Batman and said 'he burnt Catwoman's arm with acid'.

I always wondered the same because it never really explains.

That seems to be what the mark/injury is on her arm that we see when her and Bruce are getting it on by the fire.

Meow.

I think they mention the acid in either the comic adaption or novelization by Craig Shaw gardener. A good read too if you've not read it (as is the 1989 novelization )

It's napalm, acid. Batman mixes two different chemicals and lobs it. You can see him shake it when he takes it off his belt to mix the two chemicals together. You can see the gelling agents in the vial.

The bubbling and scaring you see on Catwoman's arm is pretty much exact to what an acid wound looks like. You see it when they're Wayne and Selina, feeling each other up.

I think Catwoman even says "he napalmed my arm".

Any idea why he'd have to go through all the trouble to push aside 3 of same shirt / top considering they are all the same? :lol

The second cowl and second pair of boots make sense depending which ones closer to him, but the shirt doesn't. :lol

Any idea why he'd have to go through all the trouble to push aside 3 of same shirt / top considering they are all the same? :lol

The second cowl and second pair of boots make sense depending which ones closer to him, but the shirt doesn't. :lol

It's probably just for the visual flow of the film. A stylistic choice so the audience can see the chest symbol. If he didn't push them aside, it's lose some of it's impact because you couldn't see what he's pulling out or the chest area of the suit at that angle.

Or maybe it's a day of the week thing and that armor is for Wednesday?

Or maybe that particular armor is more sound (before Catwoman ripped through and wounded him), when he goes out with this one, she does it again but it doesn't go through his abdomen or rib section.

It was supposed to be a bit of left field humor wasn't it?
He can't decide on which identical suit to pick?

It was supposed to be a bit of left field humor wasn't it?
He can't decide on which identical suit to pick?

Yeah, but he knows exactly which one to pick? It's not even a matter of choice to him, look at that ****. He just shoves all the other ones aside for THAT one.

Hell, I've done this with figures before. "All these figures/Collectibles are identical, but I must have THIS one!" Batman probably had OCD.

Yeah, but he knows exactly which one to pick? It's not even a matter of choice to him, look at that ****. He just shoves all the other ones aside for THAT one.

Hell, I've done this with figures before. "All these figures/Collectibles are identical, but I must have THIS one!" Batman probably had OCD.
Yeah, that was it exactly. :lol

Also, it's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember that the suit up is cut between Selina's suit up as well. There's a nice juxtaposition between the two for contrast. Batman is organized and literally has an armory full of pristine suits and walks out of that vault all cool. Selina on the other hand is struggling in the car and clumsily suiting up and driving at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back