Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still looks like metal to me.

Ed209.jpg

24+robocop+ed+209+2.jpg

SennMicrophone.jpg

cannot find info what it should actually be.

just this:

BUILDING
First a small-scale model was built. It was about eight inches tall and was made of foam, foamcore and various pieces of plastic. All the main body parts on the full scale Ed209-the head, the arms, the legs and midsection-were fiberglass.

All the detailed parts were vacuformed. So it was entirely plastic. The only metal that was used were the screws holding the wooden underframe together. Finished, it stood seven feet tall and weighed in at about 300 pounds.

It took about four months of really exhausting work to build. Only one full-scale ED 209 was built for RoboCop. The large-scale ED 209 was also articulated and fully posable, although only a brief illustration of this capability occurs when the full-scale ED turns its head at the approach of Robocop's turbocruiser near the end of the film.

https://www.robocoparchive.com/info/making1-ed209.htm

nothing again.

Last edited:
Yeah the original ED is still a marvel of design after all these yrs, unlike that cgi pos from roboflop 2014.
Agreed, watched it again last night and other than a few scenes, it doesn't even look close to a 27yr old movie

Definitely going to PO this with the next $20 coupon from Sideshow. Just too bad ass to pass up. Let's hope the sound clips are taken from the actual film though.

Yeah the original ED is still a marvel of design after all these yrs, unlike that cgi pos from roboflop 2014.
i'm still getting it.
it looks exactly like a future robot from Robocop VS Terminator game, one of bosses. as its head is strongly based on HK head design.
couldn't find pics to support that, so it's familiar to those who played RvsT only.
p.s. though i've never got 3A - or whatever they're called - figures. so might miss it, i heard they are a problem to get for an average buyer i am.

I would like too see some new pics too. Don't have one on order just yet. Definitely want to make sure this turns out great before I even order with the deposit.

Definitely going to PO this with the next $20 coupon from Sideshow. Just too bad ass to pass up. Let's hope the sound clips are taken from the actual film though.
There's one out if you haven't used it already: APRIL14. I'm still kind of on the fence about getting this figure. I like the film and it's sequels but not sure if I do enough to plunk down the cash for this yet. Waiting on in hand pictures I think before making a final decision.

Not saying there will be. I just am waiting on review pictures closer to the release date of the figure before making a final determination if I want to buy it or not.

Back