Metal Gear Movie Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who knows they could go resident evil route have snake as a side character and have a female for the starring role.

Sharing an IGN photo posted on Facebook:

305137_10151063518116633_1794960180_n.jpg

I figured this thread was worth a necro-bump, because I just read the news a few minutes ago that the MGS movie is finally in development. It could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it. There was also mention of the Uncharted movie as well.

Metal Gear fans can breathe a sigh of relief this morning because the movie that has been in limbo for a few years now is still happening. Or so says producer Avi Arad. In an exclusive interview with Den of Geek while promoting his latest flick The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Arad states that the ball has officially began rolling on the Metal Gear Solid movie:

“Believe it or not, after a decade, we are now literally starting to develop the script, the director. It took a long time to close this deal. It’s now done, finished, the vision is in place.”

While this is certainly a step in the right direction Arad was careful not to mention any names that may be linked with the project. He didn’t give up any writers or the director that is currently in place, so expect plenty of rumours coming our way very soon. The producer also hinted that the Uncharted movie is almost ready to get the green light:

“Uncharted has a great script, has an excellent director…And we have really high hopes. It’s fun feel, quite intelligent. So that’s going very well. To give you production dates I can’t, but we when we come back we’ll settle some of the issues

Presumably once the sizzle of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 dies down we will hear more news about these two upcoming exciting projects.

Article link: https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/04/metal-gear-solid-uncharted-movie-update.html

MGS.. movie.. development hell for 10 years.. who cares.. series declining.. cash cow.. now.. moving forward..

Why??

Well with Kiefer being in the potential running for starring as either Snake (hey it's a possibility at this point), you ought to wonder which game they'd focus on: MGS1? MG? Or MGS3?

Well with Kiefer being in the potential running for starring as either Snake (hey it's a possibility at this point), you ought to wonder which game they'd focus on: MGS1? MG? Or MGS3?

I think Kojima confirmed last year that it will be MGS1.

It doesn't seem like the the budget for this thing is going to be that big, either. Kojima said a few years ago that he'd like for an "unknown actor" to fill the role as Snake.

But, I'm a bit more open-minded to the movie than I was before - considering that I didn't like the direction for MGS Ground Zeroes :lol. So, a MGS movie can't be all that bad... can it? :monkey1

Last edited:
MGS.. movie.. development hell for 10 years.. who cares.. series declining.. cash cow.. now.. moving forward..

Why??

At this point I don't care if it's made. If Kojima has little control over it and the director even has a small knowledge of the franchise, maybe it'll be good. :huh

It doesn't seem like the the budget for this thing is going to be that big, either. Kojima said a few years ago that he'd like for an "unknown actor" to fill the role as Snake.

But, I'm a bit more open-minded to the movie than I was before - considering that I didn't like the direction for MGS Ground Zeroes :lol. So, a MGS movie can't be all that bad... can it? :monkey1

Was that before or after he hired Kiefer? :lol

Metal gear solid movie huh? I'll wait til they release the other announced game titles that are going to be movies. God of wR, bioshock ,tomb raider reboot, devil may cry, halo just to name a few.

Back