The Fall of Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashkanls

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yeah Yeah we all know and Im saying this 10 years after the fact. Star wars 3 is on Spike TV and I just cant get over the horrible script, the over acting of empahisis of whats going one, the charactors and so on. They simply screwed it up trying to make it appeal to kids. It worked to there advantage in their back pocket and merchandising.

If you think you can dispute this, All I can say is Jar Jar Binks burned part 1. Maul pulled it back from being terrible to the 10th degree. part 2 I cant even remember, part 3 Hayden Christensen was just so dry reading his lines.

I still can over look the last 3 because the first 3 were so good.

I may be one of the few people here that actually enjoys the Prequel Trilogy. The main problem I have with the prequels, (aside from Jar Jar) is the overly cheesy dialog (in EP3 especially). Example would be Obi Wan and Padme calling children "younglings". I mean c'mon, Yoda can get away with it but everytime I watch EP3 and hear Obi Wan call the kids younglings, I cringe alittle.

I can live with the 3rd film, even with Christiansen's awful acting. Unlike Attack of the Clones, it never degenerates into the "romantic" scenes (only threatened to from time to time).
Gotta agree with the dialogue. It's not that it's simply bad, it's the half-assed terminology that Lucas injects throughout it ("Younglings", etc).
Here, let's take a snippet of dialogue from the original trilogy, remove the plain English from it, and insert terms from the prequels:
"Youngling, I've travelled from one end of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of bombad stuff, but I've never seen anything to make meesa believe there's some maxi-big force controlling everything. There's no wizard energy field controlling my destiny."

I may be one of the few people here that actually enjoys the Prequel Trilogy. The main problem I have with the prequels, (aside from Jar Jar) is the overly cheesy dialog (in EP3 especially). Example would be Obi Wan and Padme calling children "younglings". I mean c'mon, Yoda can get away with it but everytime I watch EP3 and hear Obi Wan call the kids younglings, I cringe alittle.

Almost everyone had shi**y lines. Grievous with his "Jedi scum" scoff......... ahhhhhhhhhh there were so many more I heard while I was working on a new shirt design that made me look back at the tv and cringe

They were watchable as films go but absolute crap as prequels to the OT. Bad dialogue, script, acting, direction, over use of CGI, under developed characters and plot points. Basically any last dreggs of goodwill we had for Lucas evaporated with those films. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull killed all credibility that guy had and exposed just how disconnected he is from the fan base he created. He's just milked both franchises to death. He has too many yes men kissing his arse. Somebody with the strength of their convictions was needed to tell him how ____ing stupid these films were turning out. Another big mistake and perhaps the fundamental ____ up in all this, was he didn't let anyone else direct them...

"I guess I must of hit her pretty close to the mark to get her all riled up that huh, youngling?"

"I wish I could just wish Ben back to being here."

"You love him. You truly. Deeply. Love him. Don't you?"

"Now THIS is bullseyeing womprats!" "Great shot youngling that was one in a million!"

Last edited:
I just wish he would have worked backwards to make the PT fit the OT and not make a lot of what was said in the OT a lie.

I totally agree about the films themselves but I also attribute the fall of Star Wars (at least for me) is the merchandise overkill. I can't throw a rock without hitting something SW. It's everywhere!

That said I found myself sitting through A new hope yesterday so I know that I genuinely love what SW used to be.

Yep its been discussed to death but the prequels were such an awesomely atrocious mess, years later, we're still scarred by it. Consider it therapy

Back