The Fall of Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Yeah we all know and Im saying this 10 years after the fact. Star wars 3 is on Spike TV and I just cant get over the horrible script, the over acting of empahisis of whats going one, the charactors and so on. They simply screwed it up trying to make it appeal to kids. It worked to there advantage in their back pocket and merchandising.

If you think you can dispute this, All I can say is Jar Jar Binks burned part 1. Maul pulled it back from being terrible to the 10th degree. part 2 I cant even remember, part 3 Hayden Christensen was just so dry reading his lines.

I still can over look the last 3 because the first 3 were so good.

Worthless thread. Say what you will about the prequel movies, but the only reason they even get picked apart like this, is because we're watching them as 35 year olds expecting these movies to kick ass, when the reason we even have the perception the OT are totally totally amazing movies is because we were 10 years old the first time around lol
If you were 8-10 years old now and watching these movies for the first time, I bet you would think they rock. Just as my kids do.

Worthless thread. Say what you will about the prequel movies, but the only reason they even get picked apart like this, is because we're watching them as 35 year olds expecting these movies to kick ass, when the reason we even have the perception the OT are totally totally amazing movies is because we were 10 years old the first time around lol
If you were 8-10 years old now and watching these movies for the first time, I bet you would think they rock. Just as my kids do.

but were all adults and we all still love the first 3,just not the last 3.

This isn't true. I was fourteen when I saw the OT trilogy after having watched it when I was about six (no memory of it). I didn't watch it through rose colored glasses - I saw them and first truly paid attention to them right around the time Episode One came into theaters.

The OT stands up to the test of time because Lucas had to rely on story and characters instead of just the pretty effects that he overused in the prequels. The OT had it all - great story, great effects and great characters. What do people think of when they think of the OT? Han Solo. Darth Vader. Yoda. Luke Skywalker. Princess Leia. Characters and quotes from the OT are burned into pop culture history.

The OT is still highly regarded because they're a damn good series of movies. They tell an interesting story with not only good effects, but also good characters.

The prequels fail to succeed in any area except the video-game like effects. The story, which is, IMO, a much more powerful one with more potential than the one in the OT, was too poorly executed, and the characters were absolute cardboard.

Expecting movies to have decent storylines and good characters isn't expecting too much.

If you were 8-10 years old now and watching these movies for the first time, I bet you would think they rock. Just as my kids do.[/QU

WRONG!!!!! Im 29. First time I saw star wars was when they released the revised editions in what 1998. They were great and the lines in the script were written by a 4 year old. then came 1 (1999) 2 and 3 and it all was crap to me.

Star Wars is on spike almost every week. The prequels were horrible and were made to make money, plain and simple. Lucas had plenty of time to write good scripts but instead turned in half ass writing. And then the a-hole tries to "update" the original trilogy. Why? MONEY!!!!! Merchandise, video games, cocaine parties etc. There was no reason to mess with the original.

The prequels made the jedis look like fools.

Oh and ____ JarJar.

This is coming from someone who isnt a die hard Star Wars fan.

Star Wars is on spike almost every week. The prequels were horrible and were made to make money, plain and simple. Lucas had plenty of time to write good scripts but instead turned in half ass writing. And then the a-hole tries to "update" the original trilogy. Why? MONEY!!!!! Merchandise, video games, cocaine parties etc. There was no reason to mess with the original.

Oh and ____ JarJar.

ya revenge of the sith just ended on spike.one of the old ones is on right now.

That's one of the things I hate most about the prequels. They completely demystified the Jedi and the force. As a kid I had imagined the Jedi as these galant knights of the round table with supernatural powers. Man, was I disappointed to see those soulless, self-absorbed robots they were presented as in the PT.

Oh yeah, and the force is bacteria. :thud:

ya revenge of the sith just ended on spike.one of the old ones is on right now.

Sometimes they play 1 to 6 and sometimes they play individual episodes. Just depends on if they need to fill a time slot or want to do a Marathon (in this case Memorial weekend run).

That's one of the things I hate most about the prequels. They completely demystified the Jedi and the force. As a kid I had imagined the Jedi as these galant knights of the round table with supernatural powers. Man, was I disappointed to see those soulless, self-absorbed robots they were presented as in the PT.

That crap about the force being bacteria was so crushing to fans.

The jedis ... ugh... what the hell? Sith , Jedi... they were both the same. Believed in their power so much it blinded them, had no emotion and deprived themselves of happiness and through away things that mattered to them.

And why didnt they do any investigation on the Clone Army? " I sense a plot to destroy the jedi"... maybe you should find out who this Sith that is hiding from you. Hell, Dooku even said that its someone in the Senate. Then do a medachlorean* test. And keep those with high levels under watch. ____, didnt even need to do that really, they knew something was up with Palpatine.

*(I dont give a ____ if I spelled it wrong)

Bacteria???? I didnt know that and if I did i chose to forget about it:gah:

fulljarjar.jpg

Boooooooo Hooooooo

same reason you are. :)

It just seems kind of dumb to me to post in a thread that you don't care about. But oh well.

I like the PT but I will never love the PT. The OT is by far superior and it came out when I was a kid which has a huge effect sicne I have grown up with it. Had the OT come out today I doubt I would like it as much.

The really frustrating thing about the PT is that the scripts all seem like first drafts -- overall, some pretty good ideas that should have been further developed by the equivalent of a Lawrence Kasdan-level writer. Every now and again with the prequels, there ARE moments that made me go, "Yes, this is Star Wars" -- and then Jar Jar would open his mouth. If Lucas (who, by his own admission, is not a great writer, and is not overly fond of the process) could have handed the scripts off to someone else (and despite what the credits might occasionally claim, the Prequels are entirely George's babies -- I guess there's no one left who's willing to tell him, "George, that's a dumb idea."), something really amazing could have been done here with these films, and even now we'd be thinking of them in the same fond way as we do the Original Trilogy.

I wish I could just wish these away and replace them with the second drafts that SHOULD have been written...

There. I have vented.

Last edited:
There really isn't much more to say about the shortcomings of the PT after that one guy posted his funny youtube reviews. That pretty much covered it.

these movies good or bad will live on forever.. no one on regualr t.v. or cable will sit and watch a movie if it goes over 2 hrs if it does not keep there attention span for along time...say in point the lotr trilogy.. i liked these movies when they came out.. i watched them in the movie theater. but when they came on dvd. i own them there too. i got bored..i forgot which movie it was., but it happened around the campfire.i went and got fastfood while this scene was happening and returned and it was still going on.
please stop remaking the classics hollywood..

Casting my vote, I'm agreeing with those of you that said I can leave the prequels behind and for me SW has always been, and always will be the original 3 films.

I do like the Clone Wars stuff that I've seen and I do like Darth Maul and Asajj Ventress but that's it really from the new stuff.

When these films actually hit on Blu Ray and I hear official reviews that you can watch the original 3 (which are the only ones I'm buying) without the special edition added footage included....I'm on board and making a purchase.

Bacteria???? I didnt know that and if I did i chose to forget about it:gah:

IIRC it's actually Lucas's misnomer for mitochondria which reside (symbiotically/parasitically) within all lifeforms.
In animals, they convert oxygen (which is actually poisonous to our cells) into ATP which is essentially liquid energy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondria
they have their own DNA and are inherited maternally. Basically, you have the same mitochondrial DNA as your mother but NOT your father.
Some people DO have more mitochondria per cell, but typically those are people from higher altitudes or with greater oxygen consumption (athletes).

There really isn't much more to say about the shortcomings of the PT after that one guy posted his funny youtube reviews. That pretty much covered it.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/FxKtZmQgxrI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/FxKtZmQgxrI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CfBhi6qqFLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CfBhi6qqFLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back