The Fall of Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty much it. The high-level PLOT of the PT is fine. It's just in most of the minutiae underneath where Lucas lost his way. And the result is 3 films that are almost wholly PLOT-driven. Not character-driven like the OT. That's where it all begins to break down.

Agreed. Thats why I say the basic outline is there, but a better screenwriter could have made the story flow better and inconsistancies fixed. Also, make Anakins story as a slave more dramamtic. I didnt feel bad for him as his slave life was depicted. He looked like he had it pretty good IMO. Wow, he's a slave at a junk shop. The kid loves to build and tinker with parts! That's like a 10 year old being a slave at Lego Land. Oh, you poor thing...

Not only that, what was his mother's job as a slave? She had her own place and seemed pretty happy with how things were going. And how did she become a slave? Yeah, if Anakin had a hardier life, people would have felt more sympathy for him and it would have made the character that much more interesting.

This thread make Darth Vader cry
61634095_ecb3c4f8bb.jpg

To ME, the only saving grace for the prequel trilogy is the score....Duel of the Fates/Across the Stars/Battle of Heroes are just amazing

I no longer reflect back in amazement as I once did over any of the films. IMO all the movies suffer similar faults however, certain films work while others not so much. ANH and ESB are classics while ROTJ, TPM, AOTC and ROTS are quite average. Why did the formula work in certain instances and not in others, who knows? The franchise started with great potential surrounding the rise and fall of a great movie persona (Darth Vader / Anakin Skywalker). It fell short whaddaya do? :dunno

I don't think ROTJ is quite as good as the first two movies, but the whole Jabba sequence (original, not special edition) as well as the Luke/Vader/Emperor Death Star scenes and spaceship battle make it well above average imo. It's only during that second act on the Endor moon that the movie falters. If only it had been wookies as originally intended.

I came into this thread hoping for something like a fall schedule for Star Wars programming. :slap :dunno :gah:

:lol

I didnt feel bad for him as his slave life was depicted. He looked like he had it pretty good IMO. Wow, he's a slave at a junk shop. The kid loves to build and tinker with parts! That's like a 10 year old being a slave at Lego Land. Oh, you poor thing...

:lol Another black mark against the PT I hadn't thought of.

Back