The Fall of Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worthless thread. Say what you will about the prequel movies, but the only reason they even get picked apart like this, is because we're watching them as 35 year olds expecting these movies to kick ass, when the reason we even have the perception the OT are totally totally amazing movies is because we were 10 years old the first time around lol
If you were 8-10 years old now and watching these movies for the first time, I bet you would think they rock. Just as my kids do.

So much wrong with this i don't know where to start.

Anyways like one poster said I like the PT (well i can handle/tolerate it) But i love the OT (and it's not cause i was a child when i viewed it)

Even a child's mind can distinguish between genuine quality, and piss poor-ness.

So much wrong with this i don't know where to start.

Anyways like one poster said I like the PT (well i can handle/tolerate it) But i love the OT (and it's not cause i was a child when i viewed it)

Even a child's mind can distinguish between genuine quality, and piss poor-ness.

But seeing it as a kid, only makes you "think" you love these, because our minds get brainwashed, and they become childhood imprints, and then we just go into subconscious denial that they are amazing and above and beyond the prequels. :wink1: Which even though they are good, are not that high and mighty and really, all 6 films follow the same formula. But the OT will always be regarded as better, because it was original back then, no one had seen anything like that before and the filmmakers were at their creative peak.

he he. Besides I'm doing all this just to mess with people, since this silly thread was started anyway. Might as well have some fun. :wink1:

The OT is regarded as better, because it is better. It's that simple.

And I don't care how old you are, you can't watch EMPIRE and then AOTC (or any of the prequels) and objectively think they are anywhere near the same level of quality in storytelling, acting, directing, character-progression, etc. If you do, then you have a screw or two loose.

This SpikeTV marathon has probably opened some eyes out there. Showing ANH or EMPIRE and then ROTS or AOTC immediately after makes the dichotomy between the trilogies glaringly obvious and almost painful.

That said, I don't hate the prequels. And there are elements of all 3 of the films that I like and am glad are part of the SW pantheon. But man what a drop-off in quality. They're really not very good movies at all.

I watched Star Wars as a kid. Loved it.

I watched AOTC as a kid. Hated it.

I watched Star Wars as a more educated movie fan. Loved it more.

I watched AOTC as a more eductated movie fan. Dispise it.

Too bad you cant read. If you could you would've read something different. But yet, you read something that you could "turn around" back at me.

Go back to your Pedo. :lol

"I truly............deeply..........love you."

"I know...wait what?"

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/hfjGRBFd7mQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/hfjGRBFd7mQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

I watched Star Wars as a kid. Loved it.

I watched AOTC as a kid. Hated it.

I watched Star Wars as a more educated movie fan. Loved it more.

I watched AOTC as a more eductated movie fan. Dispise it.

You're still a kid Celtic... hate to break it to you. :wave

I actually think the Fall of SW can be found in Return Of the Jedi at the one hour mark when we see our first Ewok. I recently watched ROTJ and was thinking "why do people bag on this movie?" Then Wicket appeared and the film came to a screaching halt.

On topic, the prequels were a mess. The most frustrating part is the story is good. I LOVE the way Lucas had the Republic fall and the Empire rise from its ashes without anything anybody could do to stop it because they were all blind to it actually happening. All Im saying is the story is there and I also buy how Anakin fell to the darkside. The script SHOULD have been written by Kasdan and a more talented director who deals with actors better to direct. Put some soul into the films. Make me give a ____ about whats going on.

Also, I dont hate Hayden Christensens acting in ROTS. I thought he pulled it off, the cringe worthy moments came from poor dialogue and editing. Hell, Ewan had some cringe worthy moments "So uncivilized" and he was the acting weight of the Prequels. Hayden gets a bad rap IMO. He did no worse than Natalie Portman who I found lifeless and boring in all 3, and shes a very talented actor working with a good acript and director.

To sum up, the Prequels are the only films I wouldnt mind being seeing remade once Lucas croaks. Keep the general outline the same but put some excitement and character development in them. JJ Abrams is a huge SW fan.....and he will outlive Lucas so let him remake the prequels in 10 years.

I actually think the Fall of SW can be found in Return Of the Jedi at the one hour mark when we see our first Ewok. I recently watched ROTJ and was thinking "why do people bag on this movie?" Then Wicket appeared and the film came to a screaching halt.

On topic, the prequels were a mess. The most frustrating part is the story is good. I LOVE the way Lucas had the Republic fall and the Empire rise from its ashes without anything anybody could do to stop it because they were all blind to it actually happening. All Im saying is the story is there and I also buy how Anakin fell to the darkside. The script SHOULD have been written by Kasdan and a more talented director who deals with actors better to direct. Put some soul into the films. Make me give a ____ about whats going on.

Also, I dont hate Hayden Christensens acting in ROTS. I thought he pulled it off, the cringe worthy moments came from poor dialogue and editing. Hell, Ewan had some cringe worthy moments "So uncivilized" and he was the acting weight of the Prequels. Hayden gets a bad rap IMO. He did no worse than Natalie Portman who I found lifeless and boring in all 3, and shes a very talented actor working with a good acript and director.

To sum up, the Prequels are the only films I wouldnt mind being seeing remade once Lucas croaks. Keep the general outline the same but put some excitement and character development in them. JJ Abrams is a huge SW fan.....and he will outlive Lucas so let him remake the prequels in 10 years.

The overall story is good but the story break down per Episode was pretty crappy. Episode I had too much going on and Lucas even said so. its hard to follow. Episode II was just the story continuing with a better pace but there was holes in the script (like how Padme knew were they were going to be but was on the sand with the clone trooper). Episode III was better but again another issue was now the acting. very stale and boring.

The story should have been re-written to find the inconsistencies. Lucas just went crazy with the cgi.

Agreed. Thats why I say the basic outline is there, but a better screenwriter could have made the story flow better and inconsistancies fixed. Also, make Anakins story as a slave more dramamtic. I didnt feel bad for him as his slave life was depicted. He looked like he had it pretty good IMO. Wow, he's a slave at a junk shop. The kid loves to build and tinker with parts! That's like a 10 year old being a slave at Lego Land. Oh, you poor thing...

Back