The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus UK Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamboota

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think it looks neat....and I'm curious how Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrel come in to play..since Heather Ledger couldn't finish the film?

<div><object width="512" height="322"><param name="movie" value="https://d.yimg.com/static.video.yahoo.com/yep/YV_YEP.swf?ver=2.2.40" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="AllowScriptAccess" VALUE="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashVars" value="id=14942419&vid=14942419&lang=en-us&intl=us&thumbUrl=&embed=1" /><embed src="https://d.yimg.com/static.video.yahoo.com/yep/YV_YEP.swf?ver=2.2.40" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="322" allowFullScreen="true" AllowScriptAccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" flashVars="id=14942419&vid=14942419&lang=en-us&intl=us&thumbUrl=&embed=1" ></embed></object><br /><a href="https://video.yahoo.com/watch/14942419/14942419"></a> @ <a href="https://video.yahoo.com" >Yahoo! Video</a></div>

VIA: SLASHFILM.COM
Here it is, at long last , the desperately awaited first trailer for Terry Gilliam’s The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. You will find it embedded below the break. The UK official site is open too, though at the moment all it contains is a logotype, as above, and a registration box.

When you watch the trailer, not only will you be given a vague intro to the central plot, which is something most coverage has neglected to express at all, you’ll also be given a good look at Heath Ledger as Tony, and glimpses of Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law as… well, as Tony too. There are so many visual ideas in this trailer and they come by so quickly that you really should decide to play it a second time, love it or hate it, just to give it a real chance.

Of course, I’m absolutely in love with it. These are scenes I’ve known about since I first read the screenplay, years ago, but most of which I’ve never seen even a glimpse of until now. More than ever I’m eagerly anticipating what Gilliam is suggesting is the greatest work of his entire career.

The good man himself will be giving an audience at the BFI Southbank one week from now, and I’ll be sure to report back anything and everything of interest.

Seeing Gilliam work with CG in such an expansive and unfettered fashion is absolutely fascinating. There’s reportedly a wider range of aesthetics in the Imaginarium sequences than on display here, but even these are gobsmacking. I’d say Jude Law in a Looney Tunes world of splitting ladders is a favourite of mine so far, but it wasn’t easy to choose.

But its the mainly stuff outside of the Imaginarium shots that really blew me away. The flashback to Christopher Plummer’s Parnassus meeting with Tom Waits’ Old Nick looks like an incredibly handsome and well mounted sequence.

This is the UK trailer, cut by Lionsgate for our release of the film over here in Blighty, due this October. Expect to see variants from the various different distributors handling the film around the world.

For every 20 or 30 crappy Hollywood movies, there are movies like this that I can't wait to see.

Very, very cool. Has a Munchausen look to it, but the CG should give Terry far greater latitude to get weird. Definitely looking forward to it.

This will probaby wind up being the next movie I actually go to the theatre for....only summer movie I saw was Pixar's UP.

I know it didn't get the greatest reviews when it was shown at Cannes, but I'm really looking forward to it too. I'm sure a lot of people will go to see it just because of Ledger.

The DK fan boys will make that movie a big box office sucess,altough most of them dont even know who Terry Gilliam is...:duh

Just saw Fear and Loathing in the theatre last night in philly, Brazil is also one of my favorite movies. Gilliam is great, and Tom Waits as Satan? brilliant.

i FAWKING hate Brazil! That movie makes me wanna shoot myself! It's overrated! But Fear and Loathing is that shat!

This just looks wonderful! Does anyone know if Oct 16 is the US release date as well?

Yikes! It will be opening against WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE and THE ROAD!! I hope it doesn't get squashed. Three movies I've been waiting for!

The DK fan boys will make that movie a big box office sucess,altough most of them dont even know who Terry Gilliam is...:duh

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl That is SO true.

Looks like the type of film that you take mushrooms about 25 minutes before the movie starts and then just go crazy.

Love pretty much off of Gilliam's films. Just watched The Brothers Grimm the other day, I don't know why that film gets a bad rapp.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl That is SO true.

Looks like the type of film that you take mushrooms about 25 minutes before the movie starts and then just go crazy.

Love pretty much off of Gilliam's films. Just watched The Brothers Grimm the other day, I don't know why that film gets a bad rapp.

I guess The Bros. Grimm gets the bad rap...cuz no one gets it! I love it! It's crazy and colorful just like Gilliam!

This just looks wonderful! Does anyone know if Oct 16 is the US release date as well?

Yikes! It will be opening against WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE and THE ROAD!! I hope it doesn't get squashed. Three movies I've been waiting for!

That 'Where the Wild Things Are' movie adaptation is produced and/or directed by Heath's ex-fiance's current boyfriend she's with now...some weird cosmic irony that is...:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

i FAWKING hate Brazil! That movie makes me wanna shoot myself! It's overrated! But Fear and Loathing is that shat!

You know? I totally agree. I love most of Gilliam's films, especially Fear and Loathing and Brothers Grimm... but Brazil never worked for me. It was different, but I didn't really like it all that much.

As for this movie, I was excited for it back when Heath was still alive... It's sad that he died and couldn't finish it, but it is fantastic that they found a way to work around it and get it out anyway. It really looks amazing, I can't wait to see it. :rock

Back