Finally got a 3D TV, recommend some 3D titles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Well I finally decided it was "that time" and picked up a Samsung 3D HDTV over the weekend. WOW. I can't believe how much like a 3D theatrical experience it is to view 3D movies at home. And that was only after giving about 15 minutes of CA:TFA 3D a spin.

So does anyone have any other "must have" titles they recommend? I already own both Hobbit movies, Prometheus, and Brave in 3D (in addition to Cap) and am curious as to what others recommend. I've long gotten over Avatar but I wonder if 3D will restore that "awe."

Hmmm Avatar is a good start, animation movies such as Dispacable Me and Megamind work well in 3D too. Movies if shot originally in 3D are great. Converted ones are 50/50. Alice in Wonderland is a good one too.

Avatar yeah, still the best 3D movie, Resident Evil Afterlife is good on 3D too, Jurassic Park 3D.... Toy Story 3.... and you can't go wrong with any documentary made in 3D, there are plenty..... James Camerons ones are the best, but mostly underwater haha :rotfl.......

Avatar yeah, still the best 3D movie, Resident Evil Afterlife is good on 3D too, Jurassic Park 3D.... Toy Story 3.... and you can't go wrong with any documentary made in 3D, there are plenty..... James Camerons ones are the best, but mostly underwater haha :rotfl.......

:goodpost:

I second Jurassic Park.

Titanic is actually VERY well converted as well.

Any animation you're willing to sit through. That said, the Pixar conversions were a little underwhelming.

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole was really well done.

Funny, I just read that House of Wax 3D *is* one of the best 3D blu-rays out there right now. I remember in the early 80's when any horror series had a "Part III" they'd make it 3D. Jaws 3D, Friday the 13th Part III, Amityville 3D, etc. I've heard good things about the Jurassic Park conversion. I might have to check that out.

Looking forward to picking up ASM2 3D tomorrow and then TWS and Godzilla in September. Wreck it Ralph will probably be my first animated title.

Great recommendations for 3D blu ray titles in this thread. Jurassic Park, Avatar, Toy Story 3, & Titanic are fantastic suggestions. Also check out Adventures of Tin Tin, Hugo, and both Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D blus (they have some great pop outs).

Dredd
Jurassic park
man of Steel

Those are all great quality

Back