The end of 3D so soon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pretty much believe that the only good 3D movies out there are the ones shot in 3D. Avatar was incredible in 3D. Thor was okay but that was because it was shot in 2D then post converted. Piranha 3D was incredible in 3D as well because it was shot in 3D and of course it was hilarious. Right now I'm counting the days until Dark of the Moon simply because it was shot in 3D and the 3D trailer was insane. Green Lantern would probably be right after that in terms of my excitement. I can't remember if that was shot in 3D or post converted though.

I pretty much believe that the only good 3D movies out there are the ones shot in 3D. Avatar was incredible in 3D. Thor was okay but that was because it was shot in 2D then post converted. Piranha 3D was incredible in 3D as well because it was shot in 3D and of course it was hilarious. Right now I'm counting the days until Dark of the Moon simply because it was shot in 3D and the 3D trailer was insane. Green Lantern would probably be right after that in terms of my excitement. I can't remember if that was shot in 3D or post converted though.

Parts of Avatar and I'm pretty sure ALL of Piranha were post converted.

Parts of TF3 were also post converted.

Post Converted CAN be done right. It just takes time, money and care.

Thor so far for me has been the best post conversion I've seen personally.

And as crap-tastic of a movie Burton's Alice in Wonderland was, it was also a well done post conversion.

This is great news to me, as I can't stand 3D any longer. I thought we had plenty of BS horror and gimmick movies before this technology, but after 2009, Hollywood's been putting out some serious crap.

Normally I'd suggest following a rule of thumb like "make sure it's a movie that wouldn't use 3D purely to shoot stuff at the screen, but for true immersion instead." Avatar had the right idea, while all of the subsequent releases just abused it. If the movie industry lacks discipline (and it totally does), I say good riddance.

Actually, 3D is more fun when you have to throw ____ at the screen:lol....the immersion stuff is getting boring now.

This is great news to me, as I can't stand 3D any longer. I thought we had plenty of BS horror and gimmick movies before this technology, but after 2009, Hollywood's been putting out some serious crap.

Normally I'd suggest following a rule of thumb like "make sure it's a movie that wouldn't use 3D purely to shoot stuff at the screen, but for true immersion instead." Avatar had the right idea, while all of the subsequent releases just abused it. If the movie industry lacks discipline (and it totally does), I say good riddance.

This sums up my attitude of 3D. It can be fun and great if done right, but most of the time you can tell when the filmmakers are just sitting there saying "Hey!!!Let's throw this at the screen."

Honestly, I don't care if they 3D every movie as long as there's still 2D versions of them...
I've seen so many upcoming movies in 3D I doubt it will be gone anytime soon...
Besides, with all the SW movies coming out in 3D and Avatar sequels, pretty much guarantees that it'll be around for a little longer...

Back