Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinister

Super Freak
Reaction score
Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Code:
Just started on this custom Dredd figure about a month ago. Finally to the point where I can show some recognizable pics. Shown:

- Fully custom tailored Dredd tactical vest with rubber front bullet proof plates
- Custom belt accessories; sculpted smoke grenade and holster, sculpted door charge and holder, sculpted concussion grenades and dispenser, sculpted med kit, fabricated magazines and holsters, and sculpted eagle buckle
- Sculpted Dredd Law Giver with visible bullets in the cartridge (lol) and fabricated side holster

This commission figure will have two Karl Urban heads with removable Dredd helmet. Fully tailored leather motorcycle jacket and pants. Custom motorcycle boots. All matching the movie as closely as possible.

More pics to come.

dressa.jpg
dressb.jpg
dressc.jpg

UPDATES:
IMPORTANT:

I was looking over the calendar for the next few months. I want to have the interest thread for Dredd up by the end of April. So far - there have been a total of 15 interested. These are people who reached out to me via email.

I think since I was originally only making 3 of these - including the prototype; I will cap these 15 pieces and consider them "pre-orders".

Pre-orders will have a shipping window of end of May to end of July.
I usually ship within 2 months, but this is the largest run I've ever accepted.

Pre-orders will get a 25% discount. I'm working up the cost now to get you guys the final price for the pre-order run. And will reduce 25% from that.

Second run will have a shipping window September and October. And will not include the 25% off.

After the interest thread is set up - I will begin producing the pre-order run and will need to ask for deposits. I usually don't, but again; at over 20 pieces - this is a much larger undertaking than my usual 3 - 5 pieces. So I'll need a deposit to help cover materials.

Deposits are fully refundable should I either fail to deliver - or you decide not to want the figure anymore. And other than the deposit; I don't require any payment until your specific figure is ready to ship. You can even cancel at that point and get your deposit back if you wish.

And if you need to make installment payments - let me know ahead of time.

All this information will also be on the interest thread at the end of the month.

Getting pretty excited about this.
Tin

Last edited:
Re: Commission WIP: Dredd 1/6

Thanks Greggo. I'm commissioned to make 2 full duplicates of him when I'm done. I don't plan to sell dups of parts. My work schedule doesn't allow me the time to produce and manage the logistics of selling parts.

A closer shot of the front of Dredd's tactical vest. It's hard to take pics since right now it's all black. I plan to weather everything in the end.

dress1.jpg

The back of Dredd's vest. A little too glossy so they come off as too round in these photos. But will change once I add battle damage and weathering. That will flatten them out and conform them to the vest more.

dress3.jpg

Some closer shots of the belt accessories on the Dredd belt. I've only painted the concussion grenade dispenser on the back since it has the two grenades inside. So I had to paint them first before building the dispenser around them. Only had some really grainy screenshots of it (you don't get a clear view of it in the movie) so I had to improvise a bit.

dress2.jpg
dress4.jpg

Close-up of the Law Giver and holster. The holster I fabricated from plastic modelling sheets. Another item that we only got brief fuzzy glimpses of in the movie so I had to improvise.

dress5.jpg

Last edited:

Some closer shots of Dredd's vest pieces. The Dredd badge is attached with a magnet. All the plating details on the front vest are made of rubber to be bendable.

backpad2.jpg
backpad1.jpg

Last edited:

Early shots of the Dredd utility belt. The eagle buckle has since changed. Much cleaner and thinner now. For the final version - I'll replace all the attachments behind the accessories with flexible vinyl tongues so that the items sit more flushed to the body. I have two additional accessories that I'm not done with yet: pocket knife/tool that sits between the Med Kit and Smoke Grenade on the belt, and the cuff bundle that sits between the back mag holster and the concussion grenades.

belt1.jpg
belt2.jpg

Last edited:

A close-up shot of the Dredd Law Giver and holster. I spent a lot of time on the holster to include all the conduits for the straps on the back panel. Had to improvise a lot since we don't get a clear view of the holster in the movie. The Law Giver is designed with a little notch that snaps it into place inside the holster.

gun_primed.jpg

Close-up of the magazine and holsters. In my opinion - a must have to reproduce the right profile that Dredd has in the movie. For the final figure - I will have to add some padding to the belt so that these all sit perfectly straight and aligned on the belt.

gun_primed2.jpg

Last edited:

the level of detail in NIIIICE...if you should ever offer these up....please let me know....:)

Thanks guys. The thing that will really pull it all together will be the leather motorcycle jacket and pants. The suit in the movie has a very distinct profile. In an interview - Urban said that the way all the parts of the uniform fit together; it forced him to stand a certain way and walk a certain way. It has to do with how the elbow and knee pads fit onto the suit. They're not just attached via bands around the arm. They're tucked into flaps tailored into the suit itself. By tailoring the suit from scratch - I'm hoping to recreate this in the posture of the final figure. I'm using lambskin hide and suede for it.

Thanks elar. The holster is made from cutting sheets of plastic modelling panels. Basically thin sheets of plastic that you can find at hobby shops. The final holster is basically about five pieces glued together. Then I used putty to fill in any gaps between pieces, sanded, and then airbrush painted.

Fantastic - be good if you could reproduce the belt accessories - any chance?

Thanks guys! No plans for parts availability at the moment since I'm focused on finishing this original and then making the two full figure duplicates from it. Once I go into production of the duplicate figures - I may end up making some parts if time is available. But I can't make any promises now. Tin

Last edited:
Re: WIP: Custom 1/6 Scale "Dredd 3D" Judge Dredd Figure

Really cool project! Thanks for sharing the work in progress pics. I find the best inspiration comes from seeing how much work goes into finishing a such a great figure.

Did you scratch build the lawmaker gun?

Thanks angry_fetus! I'll try to post more pics as I go along :)

Did you scratch build the lawmaker gun?

Hi gooseman. Yes - the only part of the Law Giver that I didn't make from scratch was the handle of the gun. I had an old pistol laying around for ages and used it as the handle. The rest is all a combination of sculpt and modelling plastic. Tin

Back