ZKULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks fellas. The head was painted by Cheungkinmen.

I'll try and take some daylight pics that show his face better tomorrow.

https://www.yourprops.com/Delorean-1-6th-scale-timemachine-model-original---screen-used-models---miniatures-Back-To-The-Future--The-Ride--1991--prop-40.html

By the way, I contacted the company that made this 1:6 '57 Corvette:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hgm7vZUHeU

and asked them about manufacturing 1:6 scale BTTF deloreans...
We spitballed retail prices of $700-$1000... that tooling would be approx $100K or more... and that they'd probably need an order of 1000 pcs to make it a go. (There would also be licensing fees to consider, but we didn't know what Universal (and whoever retains Delorean) rights would charge...)

I figure on this board we could probably get 10 people...but we'd be short by 990... but what the hell, let's start an interest thread! haha

1. dchung
2. Indiana Fett

I'm a little surprised no one else is interested besides me and Indiana Fett...

I don't do 1:6 vehicles. To damn big. :)

But I really need to get one of those 1:18 Time Machines one of these days...

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

Fantastic pics Mag, those were the ones I've been waiting for! :clap

Can't wait to unpack my set tomorrow, although I wont have a complete Marty until I get my sculpt back.

Thanks Marf. :)

What do you think about my idea of shortening the forearms? TT forearms are always too long and I don't like how skinny the Slim's wrists are.

Looking at my pics and comparing them to the ones below do you think shorter forearms would be a good thing?

mcfly.jpg

bttf.jpg

I don't do 1:6 vehicles. To damn big. :)

But I really need to get one of those 1:18 Time Machines one of these days...

Do the 1:15 one instead... it's got a lot of cool light-up features and sound fx...

What do you think about my idea of shortening the forearms? TT forearms are always too long and I don't like how skinny the Slim's wrists are.

Looking at my pics and comparing them to the ones below do you think shorter forearms would be a good thing?

I think it's a great idea, as long as it doesn't throw off the overall proportions of the body. I doubt it would with the small amount you would need to remove. So would you just dremel them down at the wrists?

Oh yeah, and pop Marty's jacket collar!

I have to be honest i don't' think i'm as enthused by this set as many of you. don't get me wrong the attention to detail is second to none and the shirt and vest are great...
It's a GREAT set and fantastic work of art... but my biggest grievance is by far the jeans... I haven't seen anyone post the jeans here in a way that i think looks too great.

Im still working on it but what i did was swap the skinny legs with regular narrow TT legs that i shortened a bt at the ankles... I think it fills out the jeans a lot more and and them look a lot less like maternity jeans. it allows them to bunch in places like the knees to look more natural. and the proportions are better, more stocky...

Further i bunched up the crotch a btit and ironed in some folds... this helps the maternity bit a lot... still working on that part...

83015554.jpg

Ray that looks awesome. I was thinking someone should try padding the legs a little to fill them out but what you did looks great

Mag leave the arms as they are. The proportions are allright. People tend to forget that we always bend our arms at least a little bit. i would say in terms of proportions Slim is even better than Advanced.
The only thing HT keeps failing are the hands. We need to switch those.

As Maglor is not selling me his set. I am still looking for one. Whoever wants to sell his set PLEASE letme know.

I really want the 1:18 dicast one by sunstar.

51yGFlJbSbL.jpg

i have all 4 of these - they're pretty awesome. apparently there are quite a few inaccuracies but i don't know about them, therefore don't care. the die cast metal look is great. looking forward to posing my marty beside them.

Thanks guys! trust me it helps a lot..

it's really easy to do... I just unscrewed the two screws in the lower portion of the narrow shoulder TT torso (stomach area) and replaaced the top half of the torso/arms shoulders from the slim TT. then just tighten the screws and done. due to all his layers and bulk it matches up proportion wise perfectly (but dont try it on a narrow as without the slim upper torso and arms the clothing looks too bulky.)

I took off the ankle extenders and shaved down the ankles and then glued the ankle extenders back on. now he's a hair shorter than the original slim TT.

Im still working the wrinkles in the crotch so it looks less bulgy as well but it also helps to lessen the overall height of the crotch to waistline it which contributes to the maternity jeans effect
It's quite easy

also KingGrayskull is right, HT's hands esp on the slim seem to be little on the large side. I replaced mine with the fist and casual hand (which is less flat and more expressive) from the recent Enterbay sets. I think this was from the Matt Damon... color wise it matches sweeney todd almost perfectly and the overall proportions are better

Now i need to fix the cuffs with wire and find some way to keep the watch from flopping around... any suggestions for the watch?

Back