ZKULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for you Magnus, hope your Mum gets well! :wave

But I dont know why, suddenly with the paint app that sculpt doesnt look that good anymore. The whole head seem to have kinda shrunk down? plus the pupils look a little too big, I cant seem to see Marty in that sculpt anymore. I actually preferred Erics sculpt over Trev's but it looks... weird :dunno

bttf_rainman.jpg

bttf2.jpg

That's what I'm talking about! Looks awesome Dave! :clap
Congrats!!!

Since Erick's head was sculpted to match the screen grab of Marty's eyes looking to his left, has anyone painted one this way yet? I'm really curious what the final [original] vision would look like. I think the expression is just a little odd when the eyes are painted straight-on, but that's just my opinion. Don't get me wrong. Rainman and Erick did a stellar job on this figure!

I watched the movie again tonight and I have to say that I'm very, very glad Rainman wasn't unduly influenced by comments here.

On my TV the down vest is definitely a red, almost maroon, just a shade or two lighter than Marty's tshirt. Seeing that custom on OSW made me glad that he didn't go with any version of orange.

And the lining on the cuffs isn't yellow at all. The only thing lacking in this figure is the other 2 pins on the denim jacket - I miss those.

But I dont know why, suddenly with the paint app that sculpt doesnt look that good anymore. The whole head seem to have kinda shrunk down? plus the pupils look a little too big, I cant seem to see Marty in that sculpt anymore. I actually preferred Erics sculpt over Trev's but it looks... weird :dunno

Honestly, I think the problem is that the eyes should be looking left.

Wow, that's pretty damn impressive. Instantly recognizable.

I think it's a good sculpt, but not the best IMO.

But anyways, what do I know. I can't nail the likeness on my sculpts :monkey4

Don't sell yourself short, you do great work. Just look at your sig. :)

I watched the movie again tonight and I have to say that I'm very, very glad Rainman wasn't unduly influenced by comments here.

On my TV the down vest is definitely a red, almost maroon, just a shade or two lighter than Marty's tshirt. Seeing that custom on OSW made me glad that he didn't go with any version of orange.

:clap :clap :clap :clap

BTW, I'm gonna take Marf's advice and steal some ankle pegs from another figure temporarily. I'll try to finish putting him together today and post pics. :)

Well, it's official I give up trying to bring more orange out of the vest. I tried bleach, color remover, rit dye and food coloring. I may have gotten a bit more orange but not enough to notice really. Only thing I haven't tried is shaking it up in a empty bag of cheetos. Whatever it's made out of is pretty tough material.

Anyway here is my Marty, I cut a little off the neck stem to keep the giraffe neck from happening. Then I trimmed down the legs on my slim and reattached the foot peg connectors to shorten him up a bit. Then I dirtied up the shoes and had to rig a new watch since mine broke trying to put it on the figure. I still have to tie back the sleeve cuffs but that's about it.

picture.php

picture.php

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

Still a work in progress. I need to:

1. Tighten the watch.
  2. Shorten the forearms.
  3. Cut the sunglasses to fit.
  4. Weather the Nikes.
  5. Receive the Walkman from rainman.
  6. Maybe lengthen the suspenders.
  7. Maybe loosen the jacket elastic.
  8. Maybe paint forearms and hands to match head better.
  9. Find a way to display with 1/6 paper props.

Last edited:
Back