ZKULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys for trevors marty head do i get a neck adapter for my slim tt will that work? Any help would be great ;)

I'd stick either a regulat narrow TT adapter or an advanced TT adapter on the ball to see which sits nicer. then you have to drill out the hole for the adapter in the head with a dremel.

you might have to sand the neck down more so it's not as long as well

where can i find those adapters?

I'd stick either a regulat narrow TT adapter or an advanced TT adapter on the ball to see which sits nicer. then you have to drill out the hole for the adapter in the head with a dremel.

you might have to sand the neck down more so it's not as long as well

I haven't seen anyone post the jeans here in a way that i think looks too great.

Im still working on it but what i did was swap the skinny legs with regular narrow TT legs that i shortened a bt at the ankles... I think it fills out the jeans a lot more and and them look a lot less like maternity jeans. it allows them to bunch in places like the knees to look more natural. and the proportions are better, more stocky...

Further i bunched up the crotch a btit and ironed in some folds... this helps the maternity bit a lot... still working on that part...

So you think in every picture posted (except for yours) they look like maternity jeans? Nice.

Anyway, here's what I did for futzing the skinny out of the jeans:

IMG_2231.jpg

I just rolled the cuffs under a bit (half way done in the pic above). Granted, I didn't do any iron futzing like Ray, but just shortening the tapered part of the jeans and futzing the crotch a little goes a long way imo.

Yours don't look like maternity jeans at all.

Didn't think I'd be forced to argue this side, but they are 80's style jeans - which do have things in common with mom jeans (different than maternity jeans).

Maternity jeans:

pea-pod-maternity-jeans.jpg

ss_PaigeRobertson.jpg

Maternity-Jeans-4.jpg

Mom jeans:

tapered_jeans.jpg

momjeans.jpg
[/IMG]

Painted up my Marty head yesterday & I really think having him looking to his left-the way Erik sculpted him-is the way to go. Sorry for the crappy pic but I've misplaced the cable to my digital SLR. Hopefully I can get another today & upload some better quality photos later.

photo-43.jpg

I have to be honest i don't' think i'm as enthused by this set as many of you. don't get me wrong the attention to detail is second to none and the shirt and vest are great...
It's a GREAT set and fantastic work of art... but my biggest grievance is by far the jeans... I haven't seen anyone post the jeans here in a way that i think looks too great.

Im still working on it but what i did was swap the skinny legs with regular narrow TT legs that i shortened a bt at the ankles... I think it fills out the jeans a lot more and and them look a lot less like maternity jeans. it allows them to bunch in places like the knees to look more natural. and the proportions are better, more stocky...

Further i bunched up the crotch a btit and ironed in some folds... this helps the maternity bit a lot... still working on that part...

83015554.jpg

Ray! Wow! Totally digging what you've done here and I appreciate all the tips and suggestions so far! I can't wait to find the time to mess with mine and try to get that look as close to being right as possible! I'm definitely gonna try what you did as I think a shorter stockier Marty is the way to go. It's great seeing all the ideas everyone is sharing on this piece so far! :hi5:

The pursuit of perfection with the Marty McFly figure continues!

to_be_continued_back_to_the_future.jpg

I've gotta say that I'm really extraordinarily happy with mine as-is, skinny legs and all! But I do appreciate you guys chiming in with ideas as to how to potentially improve on the guy.

Painted up my Marty head yesterday & I really think having him looking to his left-the way Erik sculpted him-is the way to go. Sorry for the crappy pic but I've misplaced the cable to my digital SLR. Hopefully I can get another today & upload some better quality photos later.

photo-43.jpg

Wow! Great job on the paint up!!!!! :clap:clap:clap

Yes an awesome job for sure!!!! The eyes to the left is the way to go!!!

GOOD NEWS fellas. Im keeping Marty! A friend stepped in and helped out in my situation so Marty is off the chopping block!!!!:yess:

That's great! Best wishes for you and your family! Marty looks to good to ditch.

Yours don't look like maternity jeans at all.

momjeans.jpg
[/IMG]

man those are the momest mom jean's i've ever seen!!

I think the part that looks maternity-ish... at least to me is the fact that the crotch is so flat and wide.. and tall... I think the natural bunching of the denim in the crotch area that is sometimes lost at this scale is what's throwing off the crotch part.. Other jeans have got it at this scale. some of kato's jeans are as thick as these and has that effect... i;m not sure why

also as seen here the bunching at the knees really help too the regular skinny legs are too narrow to get this effect but the narrow filled them out just fine.

marty-mcfly-9cbyi43o1-200762-480-700.jpg

too much crotch focus/argument for our little doll... boys I think we need some counseling! :slap

Thanks eemarae I can't wait to see what you come up with man! let me know if you need any other help.

@ Ray - Excellent idea with the modded TT legs Ray, I'm going to attempt to bulk up the slim legs so I don't have to scrap another TT, but it's nice to have a back-up plan that looks great!

@ Tobor - Great paint up! The eyes were definitely meant to look to the side on that sculpt...

@ DM - Congrats man, so glad you dont have to ditch Marty! :clap

Ray! Wow! Totally digging what you've done here and I appreciate all the tips and suggestions so far! I can't wait to find the time to mess with mine and try to get that look as close to being right as possible! I'm definitely gonna try what you did as I think a shorter stockier Marty is the way to go. It's great seeing all the ideas everyone is sharing on this piece so far! :hi5:

@ Ray - Excellent idea with the modded TT legs Ray, I'm going to attempt to bulk up the slim legs so I don't have to scrap another TT, but it's nice to have a back-up plan that looks great!

@ Tobor - Great paint up! The eyes were definitely meant to look to the side on that sculpt...

@ DM - Congrats man, so glad you dont have to ditch Marty! :clap

:goodpost::exactly:

GOOD NEWS fellas. Im keeping Marty! A friend stepped in and helped out in my situation so Marty is off the chopping block!!!!:yess:

Great news DM, just read about your situation. Glad a friend could step in and help out and I wish you all the best! :1-1:

AWESOME pics Mags! This is the best I've seen Marty look here so far, and I've been pleased with everything I've seen to date. So stoked that my Marty will also be the Trev sculpt painted by JOhnny too. Man, if it's gonna wind up looking like that?! :rock :rock :rock

^^^ Thanks Indiana Fett. I think you are going to be very pleased. :)

photo-43.jpg

Confirms what I and others have been saying.

That sculpt needs him looking left. Really great work there. :duff

Congrats Magnus!!! :hi5:

Great reference shot there. Definitely confirms that the forearms can be shortened on the slim.

That's my project this afternoon.

Great reference shot there. Definitely confirms that the forearms can be shortened on the slim.

That's my project this afternoon.

Snap some pics when you're done if you can Mag :pray: I might do the same if the proportions don't look off.

Judging by your pictures Mag, the hands seem to be in the right position/height. :dunno

This whole "mom jeans" talk is complete non sense. Look at that picture Ray posted. If you think the Rainmans's jeans are not pretty damn close to that, then I think you're just making something out of nothing.

Back