ZKULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mouth is a bit out of scale and jawline is too narrow compared to the shot. Also his brow isnt furrowed at all, unlike the sculpt.

Also becuase the sculpt was based on s shot of him with his head partialy turned, now you have this wierd prominant bag around one eye (that should only be visable from one partial angle) that isn't on the other.

Mouth is a bit out of scale and jawline is too narrow compared to the shot. Also his brow isnt furrowed at all, unlike the sculpt.

Also becuase the sculpt was based on s shot of him with his head partialy turned, now you have this wierd prominant bag around one eye (that should only be visable from one partial angle) that isn't on the other.

Pretty sure a lot of what you're talking about is coming from the lens distortion. That's a very wide angle picture.

Have a bit of an idea here. Why don't we do our bit for the Michael J. Fox Foundation and hold a raffle within this forum to raise a bit of money, using a full Marty figure as a prize.

Options for this could be (suggestion only)

Donate $25 to help buy the bits and build the figure, also gets you 2 tickets.

We could also consider parts as a donation. Eg: slim tt could be worth 3 tickets??

Assuming it would cost around $600 to get a complete figure, we would need at least 30 people in to get the ball rolling, cover costs and raise a little bit extra for the charity.

Extra or single tickets $5 each

If any of the craftsman wanting to throw something our way to maximize the money raised, that would also be good.

I'd be happy to collect the money and organize tickets, but as I haven't been around these parts long, I could understand if people wanted to use someone else. Someone else could handle the figure, so we don't have just the one person holding all of the loot.

I hope this seems like a reasonable idea, along the lines of what HT did with the Chris Reeves Foundation and the new Superman figure.

What does everyone think??

It sounds like a great idea to be able to donate money to the Parkinson's research fund. But I'm still not quite completely understanding it...yet. :dunno

30 freaks jump up and say they will initially sponsor the purchase of the prize (consider it a donation right from the start). Each puts in $25US...we buy the figure. Each of the 30 get 2 tickets automatically in the raffle (perhaps it should be more than 2??)

We then sell more tickets at $5 each to every one else on the board.

PM me if interested in being one of the 30 - I'm in of course.

I'll create a list, if it looks like there is interest in doing something.

Last edited:
This creation is a must have! Erick, Rainman, congratulations! I will get one for sure!!
;)

If there will be any donations made, I assume it will be similar to what rain man had done previously with his Audrey Hepburn figure.

He'll make one more additional full set figure, put it on eBay for auction. And will donate the money to the foundation.

The many faces of McFly...
martysB2.jpg

1a.jpg

kgrhoad.jpg

ebaymcfly.png

There are no words, only tears. Tears of joy...

I. Can't. Wait.

I do agree about the crotch critique, and I would also like to suggest that the parsley pattern on the sleeves be a little more dense :)

bttf13.jpg

Agreed. It also looks to me that the pattern on the shirt is a little too small. The lines are a tad too close together. I have an exact reproduction of the shirt by Sha Safari that was released two years back.

Here's an example:

13833_174209382080_507747080_2787323_2683457_n.jpg

But I might be nitpicking here.:monkey3

I'm really happy to hear that the outfits and accessories will be offered by themselves! Made my day! Love Eric's head but want a more neutral expression so went with another option. But I NEED the outfit and accessories. Can't wait for this

Most Rainman figures cost a lot.

I typically only get the unpainted head and outfits, and that can cost around $300-$400 dollars.

Back