Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here use TFAW? Thinking of starting to get my comics from online. Having problems with my LCS I have a pullbox with several comics a month I go and they always mess up and I end up missing 3 or issues of any certain comic.

I havent used them but I heard they are good.
Try Midtown or some other big shops.

Ok, finally finished Ultimate Spider-man Omnibus. Pretty awesome read.
When is the next omnibus coming out?
New books are
Thor HC vol 3
Hulk HC vol 3
Batgirl HC vol 4
Justice League HC vol 4

IMG_20140617_111148_edit_zps5aa9dec5.jpg

Just picked up the Batman Volume 1: Court of the Owls (with free Owl mask).

Great story, but now I need to get Volume 2: City of the Owls to find out what happens next.
(the mask is pretty flimsy by the way and warps as soon as any tension hits the elastic making it look like some deformed "Scary Movie" mask)
But still, can't complain. Looking forward to the Death in the Family / Joker Mask later this year....

Infinite Crisis - Geoff Johns.

Boy, honestly feeling a little disappointed. It just felt like it was a mess, and I generally like John's work, but I had a hard time keeping up. I can usually finish a TPB in a day, easily and this one took me almost a week.

Sleepers omnibus - read the first five issues of the Point Blank series and its awesome so far. Really loving Brubakers work on this one.
Daredevil vol 3 HC
DMZ Vol 2 HC.

Last edited:
Just picked up the Batman Volume 1: Court of the Owls (with free Owl mask).

Great story, but now I need to get Volume 2: City of the Owls to find out what happens next.
(the mask is pretty flimsy by the way and warps as soon as any tension hits the elastic making it look like some deformed "Scary Movie" mask)
But still, can't complain. Looking forward to the Death in the Family / Joker Mask later this year....

I already have the hardcovers and have been thinking of getting the TPB only for the Owl mask. Was thinking of putting it up on a frame alongside the DotF Joker mask. Is it very flimsy?

Guys just wondering on your thoughts about collecting HCs.
Do you guys always look for first printings or don't really care as its in HC format and not singles?.
I always try to go for first printings but hard to know when some books are shrink wrapped.
Is there a way to find out which printing a book is without having to open it up. Some retailers frown upon opening pre-shrink wrapped copies.

Guys just wondering on your thoughts about collecting HCs.
Do you guys always look for first printings or don't really care as its in HC format and not singles?.
I always try to go for first printings but hard to know when some books are shrink wrapped.
Is there a way to find out which printing a book is without having to open it up. Some retailers frown upon opening pre-shrink wrapped copies.

I generally try for Hardcovers as they have a more premium feel than Trade paperback.

The way it's usually worked is that companies like Marvel and DC will released the first pressing of the volume as a HC and then about 6 months later, they release it in TPB. Granted there are series that only get the TPB or they'll release some special hardcover version later on. As for printings, I don't think you can without opening the cover. The only place you may actually be able to check would be comic shops as the employees may know. But bookstores and the like, they usually just carry the newest printing so unless it's been sitting on the shelf since it was released. It's a newer printing.

I generally try for Hardcovers as they have a more premium feel than Trade paperback.

The way it's usually worked is that companies like Marvel and DC will released the first pressing of the volume as a HC and then about 6 months later, they release it in TPB. Granted there are series that only get the TPB or they'll release some special hardcover version later on. As for printings, I don't think you can without opening the cover. The only place you may actually be able to check would be comic shops as the employees may know. But bookstores and the like, they usually just carry the newest printing so unless it's been sitting on the shelf since it was released. It's a newer printing.

Yeah I prefer HCs too. I don't mind waiting until the HC are released, it gives me time to read all of one arc in one hit.
I'm still on the hunt to find an Age of Apoc omnibus.

Back