Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also guys, need a tip. I'm reading the New X-men omnibus right now. Would I go straight to Astonishing X-men or can I read Apocalypse? I've been wanting to so bad. Haha

This 3rd hard cover you speak of, is it also in the Court of Owls series?
Getting the City of Owls on monday, can't wait :yess:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Vol-Death-Family-The/dp/1401242340/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376159042&sr=8-1&keywords=batman+death+of+the+family[/ame]

Awesome stuff. Snyder is, in my opinion, one of the best Batman writers around. His Court of Owls story was brilliant.

I would agree so far, but, I think it's too early to tell. I mean we are whaling the 3rd hardcover release in October. Only about 350 pages, but it is great stuff so far.

Just picked up a box of around 180 2000AD Judge Dredd comics from 1986 -1989. Some real good stories there such a Slaine the Horned God and the Dark Judges.

Also nabbed me some Red Sonja - Sword of Doom with a side dollop of Tank Girl.

Really looking forward to reading through those.

Just picked up a box of around 180 2000AD Judge Dredd comics from 1986 -1989. Some real good stories there such a Slaine the Horned God and the Dark Judges.

Also nabbed me some Red Sonja - Sword of Doom with a side dollop of Tank Girl.

Really looking forward to reading through those.

Is there a judge dredd omnibus?

Also guys, need a tip. I'm reading the New X-men omnibus right now. Would I go straight to Astonishing X-men or can I read Apocalypse? I've been wanting to so bad. Haha

As far as I'm aware Whedon wrote Astonishing X-Men as a follow on from Morrison's New X-Men, as he was under the impression he was going to be continuing that title. I've not actually started reading Astonishing though as I was waiting until I finished New X-Men. Started reading ages ago and never got around to picking up the final volume haha. But I have Asto is hong sitting there waiting.

I would agree so far, but, I think it's too early to tell. I mean we are whaling the 3rd hardcover release in October. Only about 350 pages, but it is great stuff so far.

Yeah, obviously he could well go downhill, but right now, judging him on his Batman work in the new 52 with the Court of Owls and Death of the Family and his run on Detective Comics, I'd say he's one of the best Batman writers around. At least in my opinion anyway.

Bit of a noob to comics and i prefer Graphic Novels to single comics so wait for them.
My collection so far:

Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos
Infinity Gauntlet
Secret Wars
Infinity War

On the way:
Annihilation Books 1-3

Will get:
Age of Ultron
Thanos Rising
GOTG: Cosmic Avengers

Have i chose well? Bit of a cosmic marvel fanboy as you can tell. Any other recommendations for me, graphic novels of course :)

Bit of a noob to comics and i prefer Graphic Novels to single comics so wait for them.
My collection so far:

Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos
Infinity Gauntlet
Secret Wars
Infinity War

On the way:
Annihilation Books 1-3

Will get:
Age of Ultron
Thanos Rising
GOTG: Cosmic Avengers

Have i chose well? Bit of a cosmic marvel fanboy as you can tell. Any other recommendations for me, graphic novels of course :)

I also wanted to get the age of ultron omnibus, but I wanted to see what people thought of that story first.

I also wanted to get the age of ultron omnibus, but I wanted to see what people thought of that story first.

I'm a sucker for Ultron so will get it regardless, really want Ultron Unlimited too but can't find a decent priced copy anywhere, i've actually only found 1 copy for sale tho, seems like a real hard graphic novel to find :monkey2

Just read Superman Unchained 3, Batman and Robin 23: Batman and Nightwing and Green Arrow 23.

Loved Green Arrow, easily one of my favourite titles at the minute. Hope Lemire stays on for a while. The art is also fantastic, the flashback sequence was amazing.

Superman Unchained is good but I expected more from Snyder, I'm definitely enjoying it but it hasn't blown me away.

Batman and Nightwing was really good, better than some of the previous recent issues. I feel like its been a bit "meh" since Damian died.

Also, just finished making my way through Grant Morrison's Batman epic. Started with Batman and Son and worked my way through his entire run to the end of Batman Incorporated. Wow. I realise its not for everyone and some people hate his work but I thought it was amazing. The amount of detail and nods to old stories was incredible, I found it such a treat when reading a story and noticing some little hint to a past story from 40 odd years ago. Incredible stuff.

Latest Haul.
Detective Comics New 52 vol 1 and 2 HC
Hellboy Library Edition Vol 3 HC
American Vampire Vol2 HC.

I just bought the Paperback of Batman court of owls Vol 1, but I'm getting Vol 1 and 2 Hardcovers next week. And Vol 3 in October. I fell out of reading Batman comics a few years ago but Snyder is AMAZING as is Capullo's art love his artwork and it fits batman well. I guess I'm going to read Batman as long as Snyder writes it.

2808543.jpeg.size-600_maxheight-600_square-true.jpg

Back