Your Favorite Underrated Movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^
I do wish he'd looked more like a lizard/gargoyle mutation like in the books, but I didn't mind the Super Mario Bros. movie version of him much either.

I absolutely thought it was great. I loved Norton's take on Banner MUCH better than Rufalo's (although that might be more Whedon's writing). I loved the homages to the Bixby TV show. I loved the prelude to the Leader (so sad we'll never see that). And the action scenes were fine, but I'm more partial to seeing Banner's plight than seeing Hulk smash. I think the movie did an excellent job in balancing Banner and Hulk and well-drawn characters.
Sorry, Lu - I wasn't hacking on you. :lol

To be fair, the 2008 film definitely has it's merits; the first 20mins are actually great. Norton was a really good Banner - agreed, Liv Tyler was a great Betty Ross, the TV show theme tune & the correlation with Banner being a drifter, but unfortunately - for me, there was far more to dislike than to like.

*William Hurt as General Ross - WTF? No way, didn't buy it for a second - great actor, bad choice.
*Tim Roth - great actor, wasted in the film, only to play second fiddle to an excrement beast.
*THE ABOMINATION - awful design, absolutely crapola.

& lastly..

*HULK - hip trendy slender waist, windswept hair Calvin Klein model-esque HULKster.

Plus all the CGI scenes looked like a video game to me.

I'll defend the 2003 film to the hilt - I loved it & still do. While I thought Eric Bana was terribly miscast, & the CG was iffy sometimes, there was heart in that film, & creativity - & I tip my hat to Ang Lee in that regard. I loved Jennifer Connelly as Betty, Sam Elliot WAS General Ross - perfect casting, thought Nick Nolte was perfectly creepy as 'David' Banner, & some of the visuals & art direction were awesome. It'll always get praise from me.

A Man Apart, with Vin Diesel. Its basicaly the punisher story with a few tweaks, one of vins best

Agreed. I don't get the hate. I rank it higher than IM2 and CA:TFA as far as Phase I goes. I don't like it enough to own it but I enjoyed seeing it in theaters.

:hi5: I definitely rank it above CA:TFA.

Sorry, Lu - I wasn't hacking on you. :lol

To be fair, the 2008 film definitely has it's merits; the first 20mins are actually great. Norton was a really good Banner - agreed, Liv Tyler was a great Betty Ross, the TV show theme tune & the correlation with Banner being a drifter, but unfortunately - for me, there was far more to dislike than to like.

*William Hurt as General Ross - WTF? No way, didn't buy it for a second - great actor, bad choice.
*Tim Roth - great actor, wasted in the film, only to play second fiddle to an excrement beast.
*THE ABOMINATION - awful design, absolutely crapola.

& lastly..

*HULK - hip trendy slender waist, windswept hair Calvin Klein model-esque HULKster.

Plus all the CGI scenes looked like a video game to me.

I'll defend the 2003 film to the hilt - I loved it & still do. While I thought Eric Bana was terribly miscast, & the CG was iffy sometimes, there was heart in that film, & creativity - & I tip my hat to Ang Lee in that regard. I loved Jennifer Connelly as Betty, Sam Elliot WAS General Ross - perfect casting, thought Nick Nolte was perfectly creepy as 'David' Banner, & some of the visuals & art direction were awesome. It'll always get praise from me.

:lol Think nothing of it, Vintij! :duff

I agree William Hurt seemed like an unlikely choice, especially after Sam Elliot nailed it the first time, but I thought he ended up being pretty effective--intimidating in a different way. And yeah, the Abomination design was an...well, you know. But a crappy creature design was not enough to spoil the character or the movie for me.

1 . THE LAST STAR FIGHTER
2. Harry and the Henderson's
3. ANIMATRIX I hope for a sequel someday.
4. Wisdom Emilo Estevez n Demi Moore
5 STAY ALIVE Frankie Muniz
6. Batteries not included.
7. Scorched. Alicia Silverstone , Woody Harelson
8. A PERFECT GETAWAY with Milla Jovovich ,Steve Zahn
9.Fire in the sky
10. Brainscan Edward furlong

I had the Blade figure from MOTU.

blade_a.jpg

That was the only movie character they did back then wasn't it?

I'm sure the vintage MOTU figure crowd can school me in about half a second flat. :lol

I've got four of the new 'classics' figures - that's it.

Not sure if these are under appreciated but perhaps overlooked all these years later:

Adaptation
Matchstick Men
Lord of War

Back