Your Favorite Underrated Movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ones no one I know has seen or in some cases ever heard of:
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Igor
The Raven
Following
Charade
Luther (2003)
The Miracle Maker: The Story of Jesus

Ones that are infamously bad to most but I enjoy:
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
The Phantom Menace (enjoy is a stretch, I don't own it, but it's so much better than AotC and RotS that it deserves the shout out)
Quantum of Solace
Batman Forever
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Congo
Waterworld
Independence Day
Robin Hood: Men in Tights (often cited as th least funny Mel Brooks movie but it's my favorite)

Titanic was good, no doubt, but Avatar? Yeah, that's pewp.

When I've watched it I've enjoyed it. Though it's been a long time since I felt a desire to. Mainly I just resent that Cameron wants to make 3 more of them and yet never made a future war Terminator film.

Fire In The Sky.

I've always felt it's been unfairly criticized. Good cast, likeable characters, & one of the best alien abduction sequences on film, but it seems not everyone shares my fondness for it.

Sunshine. Danny Boyle's best film IMO.

Such a beautiful movie, that reminds me... I bought it and I have it sitting on my shelf I've only watched it 3 times since I got it :slap time to watch it again

Fire In The Sky.

I've always felt it's been unfairly criticized. Good cast, likeable characters, & one of the best alien abduction sequences on film, but it seems not everyone shares my fondness for it.

I liked it as well, it was super creepy...

"CUBE" is definitely a classic considering lots of terrible sequels spawned after 5 years of its release. :lol

Waterworld.

**** you world, it's a masterpiece.
I don't know if it qualifies as underrated exactly. Under-appreciated, definitely. But it stands pretty damn well as a fine actioner, and most people who have seen it will say they like it.

Red Dawn (the original.) I have to watch it every time I comes on.
Can't say this is underrated really, especially since it garnered that recent remake. It is undeniably one of the great Cold War classics. It's more just forgotten to its era, or completely unknown by the younger generation. And they don't give a **** about much beyond the screen of their phones anyway.

My top 5:

1) Sneakers
2) Sneakers
3) Sneakers
4) Sneakers
5) Sneakers

Great movie. It actually crossed my mind when I posted. Again, it might be more that it's just been lost to time. About 23 years since it was out, the high-tech that they were so proud of then would probably piss off and bore most viewers under the age of 35 now. lol

Stargate.
It did very well in theaters at the time and, of course, spawned multiple TV series.

Back