Your Favorite Underrated Movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A.I.
10/10 movie for me, yet it never gets talked about much.

Feast
Such a FUN horror/creature movie.

Grandma's Boy
18% Rotten Tomatoes rating. I LOVE this movie. I've watched it over 10 times, it never gets old.

Battleship
I think I'm the only one that likes this movie....

aiposter.jpg

I love A.I.! I thought it had been received much more positively, but it only carries a 7.1 score at IMDb and a 73 percent Fresh at Rotten Tomatoes. Unfortunate.

I always thought Vanilla Sky was pretty brilliant but it seemed to come and go without much notice. "Open Your Eyes" on which it was based was also good.

Elf seems to be regarded as pretty lame but I love watching it every year. Hell I even get chills when James Caan finally sings and the sleigh takes off above him. :lol

Click is another one. A "stupid comedy" that actually gets me choked up at the end.

I always thought Vanilla Sky was pretty brilliant but it seemed to come and go without much notice. "Open Your Eyes" on which it was based was also good.
I love Vanilla Sky. The blu ray is finally coming out next year. I can't wait.

Elf seems to be regarded as pretty lame but I love watching it every year. Hell I even get chills when James Caan finally sings and the sleigh takes off above him. :lol.

Elf is highly cherished by many people. It's played year-round and even has its own 24 hour marathon now.

Rocky IV. I can believe it won an award for "Worst Soundtrack". Some of those reviewers must have been on hardcore drugs...

I loved Rocky IV when I was a kid. It came right in the middle of the G.I.Joe onslaught. Red Dawn and Iron Eagle were part of that too.

The only one that really survived for me was Red Dawn, but to be fair, I haven't seen Rock IV in a while.

I don't have anything new to contribute, other than to say that were it not for Kill Bill, Death Proof would be Tarantino's best film (Planet Terror was awful).

I don't have anything new to contribute, other than to say that were it not for Kill Bill, Death Proof would be Tarantino's best film (Planet Terror was awful).
yeah Death Proof is so awesome. it was my favorite film of all time for a few years.
Kill Bill Vol. 1 is my next favorite tarantino film after Death Proof.

Flight-of-the-Navigator.jpg

There! I posted it! I can watch this movie anytime, I even adore the score, soundtrack the lot :lol

Elf seems to be regarded as pretty lame but I love watching it every year. Hell I even get chills when James Caan finally sings and the sleigh takes off above him. :lol

Click is another one. A "stupid comedy" that actually gets me choked up at the end.

I like Fred Claus too.

Crittersposter.jpg

Probably not underrated since it is kinda cheesy, but I love those little ****ers, and the bounty hunters are so freaking cool, not to mention Star Lord dresses like them :lol

Hadn't watched it since I was a kid, the crites used to scare the crap out of me.

Crittersposter.jpg

Probably not underrated since it is kinda cheesy, but I love those little ****ers, and the bounty hunters are so freaking cool, not to mention Star Lord dresses like them :lol

Hadn't watched it since I was a kid, the crites used to scare the crap out of me.

I love this one too, but the ones they made after weren't so hot.

Sorry, Lu - I wasn't hacking on you. :lol

To be fair, the 2008 film definitely has it's merits; the first 20mins are actually great. Norton was a really good Banner - agreed, Liv Tyler was a great Betty Ross, the TV show theme tune & the correlation with Banner being a drifter, but unfortunately - for me, there was far more to dislike than to like.

*William Hurt as General Ross - WTF? No way, didn't buy it for a second - great actor, bad choice.
*Tim Roth - great actor, wasted in the film, only to play second fiddle to an excrement beast.
*THE ABOMINATION - awful design, absolutely crapola.

& lastly..

*HULK - hip trendy slender waist, windswept hair Calvin Klein model-esque HULKster.

Plus all the CGI scenes looked like a video game to me.

I'll defend the 2003 film to the hilt - I loved it & still do. While I thought Eric Bana was terribly miscast, & the CG was iffy sometimes, there was heart in that film, & creativity - & I tip my hat to Ang Lee in that regard. I loved Jennifer Connelly as Betty, Sam Elliot WAS General Ross - perfect casting, thought Nick Nolte was perfectly creepy as 'David' Banner, & some of the visuals & art direction were awesome. It'll always get praise from me.

I hated that one. All that bouncing around that he did got old quick.

Back