Your favorite horror icon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your favorite horror icon?

• Freddy Krueger

Votes: 34 18.9%
  • Michael Myers

Votes: 50 27.8%
  • Jason Vorhees

Votes: 43 23.9%
  • Leatherface

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Pinhead

Votes: 19 10.6%
  • Chucky

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 21 11.7%

• Total voters
Gotta go with Jason on this one. He has some of the most inventive kills and he's tough as nails. Before I even started watching more "modern" horror movies (I grew up watching the old Universal stuff, King Kong and Godzilla) I liked Jason more than any of the others.

jason_pt1.jpg

Dude, Lindsey Lohan is not a horror icon. :monkey4

I'm going with Michael Myers. The 1978 scared the crap out of me. The mask, the silence, the ruthlessness is scary as hell.

Yes this is exactly the same reasons I was always attracted to the character. And the simple fact that he would walk around in public without worry or hesitation. Standing behind trees where people wouldn't think to look, or even 10 feet away in a person's house just watching them.

Myers for sure. Halloween was the only movie that ever really scared me, besides Nosferatu, 1922 (Its just creepy!).

Willy Wonka from the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was pretty scary too.

wonka1.jpg

Well, I had a feeling people would like Jason more, but it's good to see Michael in 2nd over Freddy. I couldn't be happier that Chucky has 0.

For me i would say all the way

Michael Myers original 1978 Halloween :chew:chew:chew
Michael Myers Halloween 2 1981
RZ Halloween Myers adult
Rz Halloween Myers Young
RZ H2 Hobo Myers

Then Jason Voorhees

Freddy

I actually cant beleive that Freddy is so high up there.

Why is that? His seven films have grossed a grand total higher than that of all eleven of jason's films. The audience is there, no doubt. I read an interesting article the other day, stating that Freddy was the only boogeyman that really appealed to female audiences. Not sure how valid that is, but it does make some sense.

With the way the question is phrased, I went for Pinhead, the devil has all the best lines :)

In terms of the movies, original Halloween is probably my favorite horror.

In terms of creativity, Freddy hands down. When we were kids, when it first came out I remember several of my friends having recurring nightmares about him to such a degree that they started to think he was real! If your at the age when these movies scare you he's perfect, you get frightened before you fall asleep just in case he's real, you dream about things you fall asleep thinking about, therefore Freddy exists :lol

For me it will always be Freddy. A Nightmare on Elm Street was the first horror film I saw as a wee lass of 8 years old, so he (and that film) will always hold a special place in my heart (since that's what started my love affair with the genre). Pinhead would come in second though. I've liked many of the Hellraiser films.

Why is that? His seven films have grossed a grand total higher than that of all eleven of jason's films. The audience is there, no doubt. I read an interesting article the other day, stating that Freddy was the only boogeyman that really appealed to female audiences. Not sure how valid that is, but it does make some sense.

...thats because Freddy gave everyone that feel good movie with all his one liners and corny jokes. So people could go and watch and not feel unsettled. In my opinion Freddy was just a joke after the first film. Again it was only because of the personality that people related too and allowed the audience to say "I love the part when he said..."
Its just my opinion and im not knocking people who like Freddy I just think as far as "horror" films go Jasons first few films were much more horror than Freddys were.

Jason really didnt have any "pesonality" as far as talking and cracking one liners for people to latch onto. Even as a kid, I found Jason much more scary than Freddy. For me watching Freddy as a kid just made me laugh and wonder why he wasnt as tough as Jason.

Back