XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No well known painter would lend their skill to painting a straight up recast, hence why I said my friend and I would never go near it. The issue is there are a lot of guys who would buy a kit like this, or at least paint a kit like this, to test their metal so to speak. Lets face it, how often would a painter get to tackle THIS level of sculpt. It isn't like guys are beating down the door to get their Magneto's custom painted, and that is for good reason mind you. Now there was a case where an artist took half of the Martin Canale Legendary Scale Wolverine masked head,recasted it, and then cut it and altered it to make a growling face. The artist and the painter got into a bit of hot water for that one within the customs community.

Ah I understand now. Basically they would be using it to test out their skills.

as much as people hate these and I understand why, it's a kick in the nuts to anyone that owns one at retail cost or inflated aftermarket cost. No amount of reporting will ever stop these guys from doing this as the demand is obviously there and they will always sell. It's ****** but a fact of this open market Social media world, you can sell anything to anyone nowadays.

Ah I understand now. Basically they would be using it to test out their skills.

There are maybe 4-5 guys putting out good quality sculpts/kits for painters to paint, and grow their skills. Most of the older kits were quite rough, and required a crap ton of work in order to get them even close to paint ready. Having seen most of the most wanted garage kits in their raw form at a buddies house most guys wouldn't even know where to get started with them, and they require a crap load of work.

as much as people hate these and I understand why, it's a kick in the nuts to anyone that owns one at retail cost or inflated aftermarket cost. No amount of reporting will ever stop these guys from doing this as the demand is obviously there and they will always sell. It's ****** but a fact of this open market Social media world, you can sell anything to anyone nowadays.

And SO many people just flock to them because they don't understand it is ruining the hobby.

exactly, no doubt many on here that bash this practice sadly are probably already trying to secure one......sounds bad but it's the nature of people to crush one another if they think they can score a deal or get something just as good for 1/2 the price....

I don't think it's worth paying for a fake. It's $1500.00 and for any good paint job on a piece like this would be $500.00 plus at least.
For that you can hold out and probably eventually find a real one.

exactly, no doubt many on here that bash this practice sadly are probably already trying to secure one......sounds bad but it's the nature of people to crush one another if they think they can score a deal or get something just as good for 1/2 the price....

I can u derstand the temptation for any painter, but more from the point of "oh man I want to paint that," than looking at it as a collectible.

I don't think it's worth paying for a fake. It's $1500.00 and for any good paint job on a piece like this would be $500.00 plus at least.
For that you can hold out and probably eventually find a real one.

The unpainted kit plus a $500 paint job wouldn't even top out at $1k before shipping, and that is the problem. Yeah you would be paying about the same as Mags retailed for, but no where near the after market, and that is why guys go for these even if it screws everything about the hobby. It is why reporting is so important.

Last edited:
I can u derstand the temptation for any painter, but more from the point of "oh man I wNt to pInt that," than looking at it as a collectible.

The unpainted kit plus a $500 paint job wouldn't even top out at $1k before shipping, and that is the problem. Yeah you would be paying about the same as Mags retailed for, but no where near the after market, and that is why guys go for these even if it screws everything about the hobby. It is why reporting is so important.

The Seller selling the Unpainted Kit on Ebay was asking $1200.00 for the Kit plus $300.00 for shipping.

Another great custom paint job by James.

IMG_4414.JPG

IMG_4412.JPG

Why would you worry about getting a recast? XM has official online statue authenticity verification. If you follow their instructions you are guaranteed an authentic statue.

I got the mag a couple of months ago, I registered my statue on XM's site, followed some steps, and my statue got verified. Just to be safe, I sent them a message and they put an end to any of my doubts.

Best statue I own or have ever own btw

that's the million dollar question isn't it???? could be 100, or maybe they made 500 and letting them go slowly to keep the value up. who knows for sure.....:dunno

Probably made to order. Batches of 50s. My guess is whenever they received enough orders for the po, they will crank out a batch.

looks like the uncanny x force magneto from an alternate timeline. one of my favorite stories if you haven't read it you really need to!

No problem, newarkcapo. It actually only occurred to me after grabbing some smaller polished cubes for another statue. It actually fits perfectly in the Doom mask custom hand.

Back