XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you take a closer shot of the wolverine head, I'm actually trying to purchase one and would like a closer look.

I just have my phone, but here's some shots for you...

IMG_8197.JPG

IMG_8199.JPG

IMG_8203.JPG

IMG_8204.jpg

The pictures resolution is really clear. Thanks I appreciate it, hopefully I'll get lucky and find someone who wants to sell one.

Sooo, fun fact. A friend of mine just received a recast (not of Magneto) from the same guy who recasts Magneto... to sum things up, here's a review: resin quality is ridicolously low, the casting is eggshel thin and very rough in many spots. If you think some of Sideshow PFs are eggshel thin, think again, the kit he received has resin so thin in some points you can literally see through it.
As with most other recasts, only those with a really untrained eye are going to mistake these for the originals.

Last edited:
Sooo, fun fact. A friend of mine just received a recast (not of Magneto) from the same guy who recasts Magneto... to sum things up, here's a review: resin quality is ridicolously low, the casting is eggshel thin and very rough in many spots. If you think some of Sideshow PFs are eggshel thin, think again, the kit he received has resin so thin in some points you can literally see through it.
As with most other recasts, only those with a really untrained eyes are going to mistake these for the originals.

Good to hear...

As with most other recasts, only those with a really untrained eye are going to mistake these for the originals.

Put professionaly painted thats not matter...

Why go through all that hassle when the price at the end wouldve been almost the same as if you purchased the official piece.

Put professionaly painted thats not matter...

It will, trust me. You can sand the rough portions of the cast, fill the whole thing with resin and have it pro painted, it won't just look and feel like legit cold cast porcelain. It won't have the registration codes. And this is all by giving for granted that pro painters will nail the correct colors on the whole thing, which I wouldn't give for granted at all, especially on the metallic parts.
We have yet to see any real pic of a painted recast except some photoshopped ones (or pics of the legit statue used for the auction of the fake one), that's the truth.
I'll believe it when I see it, until then it seems to me there's just a ton of people pissing alarmism around and acting like "ha! see? now that usurper Magneto that's been selling for 3k$ will be worth nothing, we can go back to discuss the same five statues we always discuss as grails, balance has been restored, ha!".

It will, trust me. You can sand the rough portions of the cast, fill the whole thing with resin and have it pro painted, it won't just look and feel like legit cold cast porcelain. It won't have the registration codes. And this is all by giving for granted that pro painters will nail the correct colors on the whole thing, which I wouldn't give for granted at all, especially on the metallic parts.
We have yet to see any real pic of a painted recast except some photoshopped ones (or pics of the legit statue used for the auction of the fake one), that's the truth.
I'll believe it when I see it, until then it seems to me there's just a ton of people pissing alarmism around and acting like "ha! see? now that usurper Magneto that's been selling for 3k$ will be worth nothing, we can go back to discuss the same five statues we always discuss as grails, balance has been restored, ha!".

It doesn't matter what the "feel" is if it has codes or is heavy/filled. Professional painted it will look the part on your shelf. If you need any convincing just look up some of the customs channels on how people convert and modify into some amazing things. Recasts are ****** in of itself and justifiably so people are against them but I'm not talking about morality here.

I'm not debating morality either. I have a good knowledge of custom paints, conversions and such going on in our hobby, I know what people are capable of. That said, I'll believe it if/when I see it professionally painted.
I'd really want to see one of the pro painters tackle the metallic paint of the throne to match the original with the same level of metallic finish, you don't see metallic paint being used often in customs.

I'm not debating morality either. I have a good knowledge of custom paints, conversions and such going on in our hobby, I know what people are capable of. That said, I'll believe it if/when I see it professionally painted.
I'd really want to see one of the pro painters tackle the metallic paint of the throne to match the original with the same level of metallic finish, you don't see metallic paint being used often in customs.

I don't want to see that. I hope professional painters don't touch the recast

I don't think any of the popular professional painters would want to touch recasts in general. Word of mouth is pretty influential and tends to travel quick. Their rep will take a hit.

Interesting that I think someone actually uploaded vid of the recast online. I'm not sure which was more shocking to me, that he actually put that up or that he wasn't getting inundated with angry comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought Magneto on ebay for $3200, I think I have lost my mind.
Definitely late to the party, but don't care bc he's my 3rd favorite comic book character.
First being Galactus then Silver Surfer.
At least I have ebay protection to back me up. Once in hand will contact XM immediately to verify.
All the recast coming to the light of day does make me nervous.
I purchased from a US seller, doesn't guarantee me authenticity.
But I would be more nervous if it was from overseas.
More post to follow

Did you ask the seller if he has registered the statue yet? If he has he'll need to transfer it to you if you want to have that verification under your name on XM's website.

Congrats on the statue. The good thing about mags is that you can probably sell him for the same amount or pretty darn close if you ever desire to. I had him for about six months before I sold him and he was really a great piece of work. Even more so if you're a big fan of him.

Back