XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now the unpainted resin "kits" of this are showing up. Already reported to XM

2ffb7abd88f67ca7c7faeddfe7ef4a32_zps353jj6ch.jpg

Last edited:
That's disgusting to me. Not sure how they'll replicate the wire coming out of the thumb and the fingers of the sentinel look wrong.

With the serial numbers, can't they just use a legit one and put that on the recast, so you wouldn't know if it's real/fake?

With the serial numbers, can't they just use a legit one and put that on the recast, so you wouldn't know if it's real/fake?

only works if nobody enters that serial number on XM Website, otherwise it will say that the original statue is owned by someone else and they have a fake.

Hate it, who takes the time to go through so much trouble

For these ****ers it isnt that much time or trouble.... If this is a fast or even a medium set resin, and the have a pressure caster they could literally be making on of these in an hour... So for $100 in resin they make $300 in profit.

That's disgusting to me. Not sure how they'll replicate the wire coming out of the thumb and the fingers of the sentinel look wrong.

HomeDepot... But these recasts are just a kick in the butt.

I don't think they'll even bother with the wiring. They'll just probably leave it as is. It's already proven peeps will knowingly buy recasts. Hell, this is an unpainted kit. They'll just pump these out and let whoever buys them worry about finishing them off. These are simply cheap knockoffs. Like you said in another post Shawn, they'll make about $300 a pop on these unpainted kits and then move on to recast another statue. These don't have to be perfect replicas.

Why would these sell at all? It takes a lot of talent to be able to paint anything. Statues such as Magneto have so many intricate details , you would need to be an artist to make it look as good as the real one.

I don't think they'll even bother with the wiring. They'll just probably leave it as is. It's already proven peeps will knowingly buy recasts. Hell, this is an unpainted kit. They'll just pump these out and let whoever buys them worry about finishing them off. These are simply cheap knockoffs. Like you said in another post Shawn, they'll make about $300 a pop on these unpainted kits and then move on to recast another statue. These don't have to be perfect replicas.
Yeppers it is fast and dirty money and guys will buy these and get them painted "professionally" at a fraction of the aftermarket value, and just add the wires using HomeDepot wires. This guy has been reported multiple times for SSC "kits" and he never seems to get shut down. I do know that he is attempting to hide what he is doing now by making his page member only, and blocking at least some producers from seeing it. I won't be joining to see what else he recasts though.

Why would these sell at all? It takes a lot of talent to be able to paint anything. Statues such as Magneto have so many intricate details , you would need to be an artist to make it look as good as the real one.

Because some painters will want to test their metal on it, and some will pay top dollar for the paint job, and even if it costs you $700-$800 for the paint job you are STILL going to get this at half the aftermarket value. Trust me, whenever a recast gets mention or identified on the FB groups the are always those who RUSH to buy them. I could easily get one of these painted and done fore less then $900 by a buddy who is a top notch painter, but he and I will never do that.

Because some painters will want to test their metal on it, and some will pay top dollar for the paint job, and even if it costs you $700-$800 for the paint job you are STILL going to get this at half the aftermarket value. Trust me, whenever a recast gets mention or identified on the FB groups the are always those who RUSH to buy them. I could easily get one of these painted and done fore less then $900 by a buddy who is a top notch painter, but he and I will never do that.

Very interesting , I would think a well known painter would not even touch a recast item. Would that hurt the Painters reputation if they helped paint a recast?
I think of painters as artists, just like a sculptor.

I personally have not sold any of my Statues yet, but if I did I would want them to have some value. I feel a recast copy doesn't hold any monetary value.

/

Very interesting , I would think a well known painter would not even touch a recast item. Would that hurt the Painters reputation if they helped paint a recast?
I think of painters as artists, just like a sculptor.

I personally have not sold any of my Statues yet, but if I did I would want them to have some value. I feel a recast copy doesn't hold any monetary value.

/

No well known painter would lend their skill to painting a straight up recast, hence why I said my friend and I would never go near it. The issue is there are a lot of guys who would buy a kit like this, or at least paint a kit like this, to test their metal so to speak. Lets face it, how often would a painter get to tackle THIS level of sculpt. It isn't like guys are beating down the door to get their Magneto's custom painted, and that is for good reason mind you. Now there was a case where an artist took half of the Martin Canale Legendary Scale Wolverine masked head,recasted it, and then cut it and altered it to make a growling face. The artist and the painter got into a bit of hot water for that one within the customs community.

Back