XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you buy a recast unknowingly from ebay, you are protected. After you see the base doesn't have the code or if it does and you can't register it (because the code is fake), just send that crap back. Make the seller eat it. Now, if you buy one off the Internet (outside of ebay), you're pretty much screwed. The only way I'd buy a Mags now is off a board member here or ebay. I wouldn't trust any other place. I'm just glad I was able to PO my Mags from a great guy I know in Singapore (who I was introduced to by a GREAT board member here). Mags is my all time favorite villain and I would have been heartbroken if I missed out on the piece.

If you buy a recast unknowingly from ebay, you are protected. After you see the base doesn't have the code or if it does and you can't register it (because the code is fake), just send that crap back. Make the seller eat it. Now, if you buy one off the Internet (outside of ebay), you're pretty much screwed. The only way I'd buy a Mags now is off a board member here or ebay. I wouldn't trust any other place. I'm just glad I was able to PO my Mags from a great guy I know in Singapore (who I was introduced to by a GREAT board member here). Mags is my all time favorite villain and I would have been heartbroken if I missed out on the piece.
Mags is my favorite also. I have a chance to pick this statue up tomorrow locally, but being relatively new to this hobby I have a few questions. If anyone has the time please pm me.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

If only XM statues had a code to verify they're original and not recasts... :dunno

I thought xm had something like that already??? What about the ss doom? Do they have something to verify its not a recast? Or will ss doom be doom to the official China exact versions?

I thought xm had something like that already??? What about the ss doom? Do they have something to verify its not a recast? Or will ss doom be doom to the official China exact versions?
I believe it has been said before, but you can't recast cloth. The Dr should be safe.

A lotta good that does if people buy it anyway

People who buy recasts will buy it KNOWING it's a recast. The codes protect the customers and prevent scamming. Can't really say the same about any other company's pieces.

I believe it has been said before, but you can't recast cloth. The Dr should be safe.

Not entirely true. You can replicate the cloth pattern and reproduce it in mass starting from a production piece. The real difference is that this hobby has many many people with molding and casting knowledges, but there aren't many skilled tailors at all around.

You can get similar material, and duplicate the hood and tunic, no problem. It wouldn't be hard finding someone with tailoring skills.

I seen the pic too. It was a lot of them coming. Looks like the mags recast quality. Will be interesting since ss has no way of saying which is real or fake for the average new collectors who don't visit these sites unlike xm does. Will be known as the official China version doom.

I seen the pic too. It was a lot of them coming. Looks like the mags recast quality. Will be interesting since ss has no way of saying which is real or fake for the average new collectors who don't visit these sites unlike xm does. Will be known as the official China version doom.

I don't know why but every time you type that term I get more and more annoyed. There is nothing official about these so stop acting like you are stunned and be a real collector for once. These are bootlegs... For once drop the act and admit that the aren't legitimate. Since I figured out you are all just putting on show for people, the town fool if you will, your schtic hasn't bothered me.... But on this one subject just let it drop please.

I don't know why but every time you type that term I get more and more annoyed. There is nothing official about these so stop acting like you are stunned and be a real collector for once. These are bootlegs... For once drop the act and admit that the aren't legitimate. Since I figured out you are all just putting on show for people, the town fool if you will, your schtic hasn't bothered me.... But on this one subject just let it drop please.

That's what I'm saying they are bootlegs. The sellers selling them will call them official China versions for the loop hole to sell them as real. :dunno

There is no loophole :slap

They already sell knock off on eBay calling them official China versions or China reissue version this way eBay can't boot them off the site. Maybe not this yet but in time. They already do this for tf knock off items, and other toys etc. I reported a bunch in already and they can't do squat about it but let it go. But if the seller says knock off it does get taken down.

They already sell knock off on eBay calling them official China versions or China reissue version this way eBay can't boot them off the site. Maybe not this yet but in time. They already do this for tf knock off items, and other toys etc. I reported a bunch in already and they can't do squat about it but let it go. But if the seller says knock off it does get taken down.

Report it to the company itself...they can contact eBay

Back