XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really need to get off this "months beforehand" pedestal nonsense. Yes, we know, we could have preordered blindly without seeing final proto photos or knowing the price. But there's nothing wrong with people wanting to have something officially announced before ordering it. The way forum members here did preorders was highly unconventional. Again, good for you guys that did it. I wasn't comfortable doing that (which is not to say I am uncomfortable ordering from the forum members, I already ordered my Cap from Mark).

Anywho, glad I got one at simply toys. Will be curious to see what bbts price and allotment is.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Y4NK33 repeating himself :)

If you're going to jab, don't get pissy when you get jabbed back.

You really need to get off this "there's nothing wrong with waiting" pedestal nonsense. I already stated it's understandable why people would hesitate using referred Freak channels to secure a piece when talking with Sailor.

Try reading the page next time. :wave

If you're going to jab, don't get pissy when you get jabbed back.

You really need to get off this "there's nothing wrong with waiting" pedestal nonsense. I already stated it's understandable why people would hesitate using referred Freak channels to secure a piece when talking with Sailor.

Try reading the page next time. :wave

Nothing I say here would really serve as productive, so I'm gonna drop it and move on. Suffice to say I read your whole conversation with sailor.

Nothing I say here would really serve as productive, so I'm gonna drop it and move on. Suffice to say I read your whole conversation with sailor.

Agreed.

Congrats on securing a statue, this is time for celebrating not arguing. Good luck on the coin hunt as well.

Agreed.

Congrats on securing a statue, this is time for celebrating not arguing. Good luck on the coin hunt as well.

Absolutely, with such a low ES, an unrepresented character at this scale and a beautiful but already prohibitively expensive piece, I really hope the aftermarket on this guy is nil.

i believe Simplytoys bought most of magneto and bbts absorb whatever amount left.

Probably true. There will also be some random dealers who get a handful, but if anyone notices right off the bat when bbts puts up their preorder, will be interesting to see how many they list. Can't imagine it's more than 30-50, which is what I imagine the other dealers like SC and the forum members secured.

Truth is we won't know if it's sold out because they just spread the statue among distributors. I guess if there's a lesson here for collectors it's don't wait on XM products, even a day seems too much... :gah:

On the other hand, XM really want to tie down some shipping rights to at least the USA/UK and Australia (cause I live there and it's practically next door!) if they want to maximize their sales whilst giving people a proper chance to buy ( I completely understand the gripes here, even though I have one secured).

Usually this back door stuff only get's done with Custom statue's, I've never witnessed it on an an official product. Anyway, lets hope everyone gets one.

Does Simply Toys only offer Paypal payment now? I bought the XM Cap several months ago from them and I don't remember the Paypal only payment option!

Yeah I used paypal! Exchange rate is crumbier, but if you pay in full the total difference between paypal's rate and the best bank rate is only like $30 US and that's before you get nailed with any foreign transaction fees.

Ok, going back to the print ...just to verify ...the print comes with the Mags statue, right? According to what was posted earlier in this thread the print comes with.

Just emailed a bit back and forth with simply toys, very quick responses. Seems unlikely that any of us who are ordering Mags as our first xm piece from them will get the coin. From what I can they would need to have coins leftover after everyone else who ordered this as well as another xm statue gets one for myself or others to get one.

If I don't get the coin and bbts puts it up for $700-750, I'll cancel from simply toys and go with bbts if I can. Even after shipping and a 750-800 total, that's $100 cheaper. Simply toys cancellation policy is that preorder deposit will be refunded once someone else takes your order, which for this piece, certainly won't be a problem.

Got a contact of a retailer who got a bundle for Magneto.
Purchase XM Magneto
Plus any 2 from,
XM Incredible Hulk, XM Black Widow, XM Iron Man mk42
Get 5% off the retail price for all 3 statues

Got a contact of a retailer who got a bundle for Magneto.
Purchase XM Magneto
Plus any 2 from,
XM Incredible Hulk, XM Black Widow, XM Iron Man mk42
Get 5% off the retail price for all 3 statues

Heh, I'd say if you are dropping well over $2k in one shot then $100 isn't too concerning.

kayorzz you should order direct to xm and you will get prestige membership with 10% discount.. :)

Back