XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just emailed a bit back and forth with simply toys, very quick responses. Seems unlikely that any of us who are ordering Mags as our first xm piece from them will get the coin. From what I can they would need to have coins leftover after everyone else who ordered this as well as another xm statue gets one for myself or others to get one.

If I don't get the coin and bbts puts it up for $700-750, I'll cancel from simply toys and go with bbts if I can. Even after shipping and a 750-800 total, that's $100 cheaper. Simply toys cancellation policy is that preorder deposit will be refunded once someone else takes your order, which for this piece, certainly won't be a problem.

That's ridiculous if true. It's my first order through them. Just glad I'm confirmed. Surprised they charged me already on PayPal though.

Damn, I went to sleep and just woke up. So now even Simply Toys has sold out. Wow, demand for this piece is unreal. I knew it'd be hot but never imagined it would move this quickly. The hunt continues for me. I guess I'll have to wait on BBTS to put him up. I really thought it would be no problem securing the statue and coin through Kenny or Mark if we contacted them on the 1st day but now I know better. Lesson learned on future pieces I'll want to pick up.

All hope is not lost. A member here offered me one of his extra pieces (which includes the coin) if I can't score one myself. I'm incredibly grateful to him. I won't mention him by name because I'm not sure he'll want the attention. Some peeps here will throw the flipper accusations at him but he is willing to give me one of his extra pieces at his cost. I was blown away by that generosity. I'll still try scoring one of these on my own but having the peace of mind knowing I'm covered either way is something I can't thank him enough for. So...the hunt continues. Good luck to any and all of us still trying to add this to our collection.

That's nice of collectors looking out for collectors. Magneto is my favorite character. With me trying to be frugal and go through BBTS, I may now miss out. Oh well, it'll suck if I come up empty.

Well, crap. Worked all day yesterday and missed out.

Didn't even see the announcement until I got an e-mail directly from XM this morning.

That's nice of collectors looking out for collectors. Magneto is my favorite character. With me trying to be frugal and go through BBTS, I may now miss out. Oh well, it'll suck if I come up empty.

Yeah, I have no words to adequately express my thanks to this member. He just PM'd me and told me I'm covered no matter what. Knowing I won't come away empty handed on my all time favorite villain (and this incredible statue with the coin) is....as I said before, I have no words. Best of luck scoring Mags wanderlai. Hopefully everyone still looking for this piece will have some luck scoring it from an online retailer or through some other means.

I can't believe how fast this is selling. I still need one, and email sent (keeping my fingers crossed).

Yeah, I have no words to adequately express my thanks to this member. He just PM'd me and told me I'm covered no matter what. Knowing I won't come away empty handed on my all time favorite villain (and this incredible statue with the coin) is....as I said before, I have no words. Best of luck scoring Mags wanderlai. Hopefully everyone still looking for this piece will have some luck scoring it from an online retailer or through some other means.

Congrats Filip! Would have been a cruel irony if after waiting sooooooo long for a 1/4 scale. totally sculpted, Magneto masterpiece, that this would slip through your fingers. Glad someone came through for you, but now you know you must name your next child after this fellow freak guardian angel. As for myself, devil be damned, I'm still in the hunt.:wave

Anyone with a line on this please shoot me a PM I don't want to end up falling prey to the flippers who seem to be converging on this. I think one reason this is moving so fast is that Sideshow completely dropped the ball on the character and ignored collector's repeated requests over the years. The same will probably be the case with Phoenix, which may generate more revenue than SS's Jean Grey.

Last edited:
Back