XM Studios Hulk Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks definitely better! The theory of Spidey's dynamic pose works here. In fact I am agree with most people on this hulk is not the best product of XM. After seeing their Magneto, Wolverine and the other stuff, Hulk is the weakest part of their Marvel line. Sadly it has to be strongest but anyway the color application, the texture of his pants and body shading looks good. When we consider the final product will not be far away from the prototype which is a rare thing in these days, it could be an interesting alternate if you are a HULK collector.

Yeah and trust me they could make this look way better, this is just a crappy photoshop job. The theory is older the hell. Kirby knew it.

The face just kills this one for me man, you can flip it any way you like and it won't improve it.

hulk_confirmedhead.jpg

What's wrong with it? :dunno

The concept looks better than the actual statue face hahaha

You think it looks different? Maybe I'm crazy but the likeness seems to be spot on when I look at this pic. XM may have the worst background ever for showing off their hulk. They need to rework those pics but this one seems to line up for me at least

s4-1.jpg

I'm going by the product photos on their webpage. You tell me if this looks good to you.

newhulk3.jpg

newhulk5.jpg

Oh buddy I completely agree! Those pics look horrendous! I'm just going by the actual ones he's been displayed at for comic shows and in their shop. My buddy from SG swears that he looks nothing like their product pics in person. He told me to go by the ones from the show and in their shop. Those are what I'm basing my opinion on and I pray what he actually looks like when he finally shows up..... that's what I meant by their pics aren't the best but neither were caps and we know how he turned out in hand

Josh, if I remember correctly you should advise me not to criticize peoples taste! So I guess Tavegg could easily find this piece good enough...

I advised you to critique peoples art with care instead of tearing down with no upside. I never said thing about people's taste. Though you seem to be fine complaining about overpriced statues and then going and buying overpriced statues.

Oh buddy I completely agree! Those pics look horrendous! I'm just going by the actual ones he's been displayed at for comic shows and in their shop. My buddy from SG swears that he looks nothing like their product pics in person. He told me to go by the ones from the show and in their shop. Those are what I'm basing my opinion on and I pray what he actually looks like when he finally shows up..... that's what I meant by their pics aren't the best but neither were caps and we know how he turned out in hand

Well I hope for your sake they do, man. You may want to put in their suggestion box to get someone else to do their product photos though.

Well I hope for your sake they do, man. You may want to put in their suggestion box to get someone else to do their product photos though.

They know the pictures are horrible in one of the interview, Ben even said he love and hate Hulk, he loves the statue but hate that he doesn't look good in pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTHt5IrmWTY at 5:30 mark it's about Hulk.

Yeah Josh is just a big bully! Haha

Oh yes, terribly so, I should be reported to the proper authorities.

My issue is that the first thing I look at on a statue is the face, it's the #1 thing for me. 2nd is anatomy, 3rd is pose etc.etc. So when I saw those pics, I immediately was turned off. They gotta get me with the face sculpt or they've already lost.

And just to be clear, I'm not completely down on XM, I do think they over priced the smaller statues but making the larger ones the same price makes up for it. It's kind of leveling the field. I am waiting to see if they're Wolverine is going to be classic costume though because I know Sideshows will be the brown suit which is what I want. I also think they're Magneto concepts look great, and I'm hoping it translates to the sculpt.

Last edited:
Oh yes, terribly so, I should be reported to the proper authorities.

My issue is that the first thing I look at on a statue is the face, it's the #1 thing for me. 2nd is anatomy, 3rd is pose etc.etc. So when I saw those pics, I immediately was turned off. They gotta get me with the face sculpt or they've already lost.

And just to be clear, I'm not completely down on XM, I do think they over priced the smaller statues but making the larger ones the same price makes up for it. It's kind of leveling the field. I am waiting to see if they're Wolverine is going to be classic costume though because I know Sideshows will be the brown suit which is what I want. I also think they're Magneto concepts look great, and I'm hoping it translates to the sculpt.

Right on buddy. A lot of people feel the same way. I know this XM Hulk hasn't been a fan favorite but I think they did a pretty good job. My buddy collects SS amongst other companies. Mh has the original Hulk PFs and several high end customs. We have very similar tastes and he swears by this statue. Tells me in hand it's truly a magnificent Hulk. I normally take people's opinions with a grain of salt. Everyone has different tastes of course. But I trust my buddy's judgement so I went with this Hulk. In hand pictures will be the true tell and were weeks away at this point so we will all know very soon exactly how this Hulk looks in hand.

You know me brother. I have no censor button. If there's something I don't like I have no problem vocalizing my opinion. This Hulk will be no different. If he comes out looking like the pictures I posted I will be extremely happy. If he looks like the ones you posted well... Let's just say I hope that's not the case!!

You think it looks different? Maybe I'm crazy but the likeness seems to be spot on when I look at this pic. XM may have the worst background ever for showing off their hulk. They need to rework those pics but this one seems to line up for me at least

View attachment 119997

Tavegg....don't bother brotha! I don't think some of our fellow brethren here have a clue! There is no way, anyone could convince me this is NOT a well done Hulk.

Sure, I can understand some not liking it more than SS or Bowen or anyone else's Hulk, but I don't want to hear that his Hulk is not done well. That Hulk face that Mufizal did is awesome! I mean awesome!

Tavegg....don't bother brotha! I don't think some of our fellow brethren here have a clue! There is no way, anyone could convince me this is NOT a well done Hulk.

Sure, I can understand some not liking it more than SS or Bowen or anyone else's Hulk, but I don't want to hear that his Hulk is not done well. That Hulk face that Mufizal did is awesome! I mean awesome!

:hi5:

Glad I've got a friend whom agrees.

Back