XM Studios Hulk Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS will change their strategies with the exc version I believe, if not :impatient:... Tiny knife on Punisher and Black Widow ex is just errrrr seriouslyyyyy, might as well just stick with the regular to save heaps of money IMO. (esp International buyers)

The new modern Thor PF EX is even worse than the ones you mentioned. Who's going to display a Thor statue without Mjolnir? The other most useless EX I can think of is the Colossus COM EX. The EX is his human head. His body is in armored form...who the hell is going to display him with his human head when he's clearly armored up? That just makes no sense. He never appeared in comics armored up and walking around with a human head. The Punisher and Black Widow EXs look brilliant when compared to the modern Thor and Colossus COM EXs. At least collectors can display the knives without it detracting from the statues.

I think what he meant was if you look at the extra parts XM is giving out on some of their items they are actually meaningful vs SS's hack job version on most of their exclusives. Black Widow is definitely the extreme but you've got 3 portraits. Two bases. One of them lights up. Guns and knives for additional display options. I love SS. They are still my main retailer for this hobby but XM is stepping up in a way far beyond SS right now. Not on all of their stuff but on a lot of it. Its just nice to have someone out there trying to be better in all of the ways we have seen SS struggle. Packaging, QC, risky poses.... Etc

I think what he meant was if you look at the extra parts XM is giving out on some of their items they are actually meaningful vs SS's hack job version on most of their exclusives. Black Widow is definitely the extreme but you've got 3 portraits. Two bases. One of them lights up. Guns and knives for additional display options. I love SS. They are still my main retailer for this hobby but XM is stepping up in a way far beyond SS right now. Not on all of their stuff but on a lot of it. Its just nice to have someone out there trying to be better in all of the ways we have seen SS struggle. Packaging, QC, risky poses.... Etc

Yeah. Well, the gentlemen on the forums mentioned since they use the same pricing for everything, the smaller statues will most likely come with more options in order to make them have the same value.

Yeah James, I knew what he was trying to say. I was just trying to point out the depth of how lame some of SSC's EXs are. I was just being sarcastic in saying the Punisher and BW EXs are brilliant. I completely agree with most peeps point of view when they are saying SSC's EXs have been mostly lackluster of late. Especially on their Marvel license. No EX on DD. Lame EXs on Jean, Thor, Punisher, and BW. XM is definitely offering much better switch out parts than SSC. However, price is always going to be an issue for me when it comes to XM. On top of that, SSC is still producing some amazing merch as far as I'm concerned. Gladiator Hulk, the new Red Skull PF, Apocalypse, and the modern Thor PF just look AWESOME in my book.

That all said, I'm not knocking XM. They are showing some very strong pieces and are fantastic when it comes to listening to their customers and offering a ton of switch out parts on their merch. I'm really looking forward to seeing the XM Cap when he's released. I know you have him on PO. Take a lot of pics and give us a review. Since XM is new on the block, lots of peeps are waiting to see what we can expect from them.

Got to give them credit for being creative . Their mantra is quality over quantity. At least that's the message I'm getting. You can get from point A to B in a jag or a neon. They both have four wheels and will get you where you need to go. I prefer the jag. Of course this is all speculation based on pictures and high exoectations. We don't have anything concrete to really make a final decision yet but I'm betting on XM. Just my personal preference and outlook

Yeah James, I knew what he was trying to say. I was just trying to point out the depth of how lame some of SSC's EXs are. I was just being sarcastic in saying the Punisher and BW EXs are brilliant. I completely agree with most peeps point of view when they are saying SSC's EXs have been mostly lackluster of late. Especially on their Marvel license. No EX on DD. Lame EXs on Jean, Thor, Punisher, and BW. XM is definitely offering much better switch out parts than SSC. However, price is always going to be an issue for me when it comes to XM. On top of that, SSC is still producing some amazing merch as far as I'm concerned. Gladiator Hulk, the new Red Skull PF, Apocalypse, and the modern Thor PF just look AWESOME in my book.

That all said, I'm not knocking XM. They are showing some very strong pieces and are fantastic when it comes to listening to their customers and offering a ton of switch out parts on their merch. I'm really looking forward to seeing the XM Cap when he's released. I know you have him on PO. Take a lot of pics and give us a review. Since XM is new on the block, lots of peeps are waiting to see what we can expect from them.

You always have a very educated and fair point of view. I agree with your sentiments and your spot on with your assessment imo. Price is a hindrance and these are not cheap in the least. I expect top notch results and if XM fails to deliver cap and Hulk will be my only business with xm. I just have a gut feeling that these guys are the real deal

Got to give them credit for being creative . Their mantra is quality over quantity. At least that's the message I'm getting. You can get from point A to B in a jag or a neon. They both have four wheels and will get you where you need to go. I prefer the jag. Of course this is all speculation based on pictures and high exoectations. We don't have anything concrete to really make a final decision yet but I'm betting on XM. Just my personal preference and outlook

That's all I really meant by my post. I'm a seeing is believing kind of guy. I certainly am not going to say anything negative about the company. They seem to be doing everything right out of the gate. I just would like to see what their first release actually looks like before I give an opinion either way.

As far as betting on XM...I haven't seen anything so far to say you made the wrong bet. So far, so good. I can't wait for your Cap review.

I would save yourself $200-$300 and get the SSC Green Hulk instead because this....

here some updated pics from XM studios

View attachment 108679

View attachment 108678

View attachment 108680

View attachment 108681

View attachment 108682

View attachment 108683

The color tune between that face and body is a little different

Is the only XM statue that when I look at it doesn't look AMAZING, and I kind f thnk looks BAD. Especially from the photos above. IMHO the SSC Hulk has the same number of switchout heads, and just looks way better, and like I said it will save you cash in the end. Heck it would save you enough money to balance out and account for the XM Tax on another piece...lol

I'm really hoping they can deliver. I don't have anything on PO from them right now, but if they are pumping out quality products, I may pay the premium for an awesome Spider-Man or Daredevil. Fingers crossed...

I'm really hoping they can deliver. I don't have anything on PO from them right now, but if they are pumping out quality products, I may pay the premium for an awesome Spider-Man or Daredevil. Fingers crossed...

They announced that they do not have the rights to spiderman yet, but they are working on it.

Oh really...Spider-Man is a separate license?

Yeah. I'm assuming Sony has the rights to the selling of spiderman toys and collectibles as well.

I don't think so savage. Marvel owns the Spidey character. Movie rights (for films) are a whole different animal. When XM applied for the Marvel license to produce statues and came to terms with Marvel financially (which they obviously did), they need to submit a list to Marvel of what characters they want to use during the time the license is valid. Marvel has to approve the list. Then after that is all said and done, they have to approve each individual sculpt of the characters on the submitted list. Only then can a statue go into production. This is all a very time consuming process and Marvel still has the final say as to whether a sculpt gets produced or not. Sony has no involvement with the sale of a comics related Spidey statue. Sony paid Marvel for Spidey's film rights. That doesn't give Sony carte blanche to the rights on all Spidey merch.

Daredevil has had asks. There's a Thanos around the corner though that they just started hyping. I'm sure you've seen the approved sculpt for Magneto. Plenty to spend your money on

Yay! Some new Hulk Photos!

newhulk1.jpg

newhulk2.jpg

newhulk3.jpg

newhulk4.jpg

newhulk5.jpg

Love the green color XM went with. I am eagerly awaiting for this to ship. He's going to be a spectacular addition to my avengers set up. Not much longer now!

Back