XM Studios Alien by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . "XM Studios is excited to present our next Supreme Scale series statue . . . Supreme Scale is a special new scale that is not restricted to the standard 1:4, 1:3 or 1:6 scale. Instead, the scale is carefully designed for a perfect balance of size presence and details most suited for the sculpt, based on the Artist's vision . . .

Thanks for the pics GB.

Looks much better with the other head + dome on the top alien. Still an easy pass for me though.

"Supreme scale" - translated as "All our stuff will be different scales because we're not sure what will sell best yet and we can't get consistency from the sculptors" :lol

A lack of scale is very weird, people tend to like consistency in their collections. But it does actually look really good....

It’s hard to judge this piece by pictures unfortunately, in person it’s amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"This is a large piece and ships in 2 boxes.

Est Box A Size: 71 cm L X 66.5 cm B X 53 cm H
Est Box A Weight: 39 kg
Est Box B Size: 83.8 cm L X 54.5 cm B X 25 cm H
Est Box B Weight: 18 kg

Alien Specifications
Est Product Size: 80 cm L X 49 cm B X 72 cm H
Est Product Weight: 25 kg"

2200$

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

You really appreciate the piece through Sisko’s YouTube video. It’s massive and spectacular. Love the paint, love the theme, love the pose, love the Warrior stepping over the other Warrior, love the base, love the scale, love everything about it...except...it’s not domestically available in my side of the world (USA). This is not movie-based, this is an artistic representation...right up Giger’s alley himself.

I’m seriously thinking of getting this statue.

It’s cold cast porcelain.

How does that material compare to polystone?

I’m seriously thinking of getting this statue.

It’s cold cast porcelain.

How does that material compare to polystone?

REally wonder what will be the ES on this one. It's a real piece of art...

if it can help

" Polystone and coldcast appear similar to porcelain. Polystone is a compound of resin and tends to be more brittle. But polystone can also support a fair amount of small details. The feel and weight of polystone is comparable to real stone. This impressive texture along with its ability to show details is why polystone is one of the most popular mass-produced resins.

Coldcast is a resin mixed with metallic powder, giving it an impressive finish. The mixture hardens after a long time, hence its name. None of these materials are as popular as PVC or ABS, but they have their own unique qualities that should be accounted for. Although they come at a higher price point, these three materials can provide a striking visual difference for a figurine/statue compared to other plastics.
"

Source : https://waypoint.la/collectibles/th...our-collector-editions-statues-and-figurines/

Really don't understand XM's decision on this (assuming it's true) - are their other pieces cast using this material?

If I'd pre-ordered this, and this IS true, I'd be a bit concerned.

Cold Cast is a BAD choice for statues - PARTICULARLY one of this size. It is way more brittle than polystone and regular resins (unless they have come up with some way of making it less so).

Yeah, the cold cast porcelain...that’s the only reason I have not ordered it (yet), but the statue is so baddarze...I friggin love its massiveness and the sculpture itself...love the base too, so Gigeresque.

I’m well aware it’s a love it or hate it sculpt...I happen to be one of the love it ones, ha...

REally wonder what will be the ES on this one. It's a real piece of art...

if it can help

" Polystone and coldcast appear similar to porcelain. Polystone is a compound of resin and tends to be more brittle. But polystone can also support a fair amount of small details. The feel and weight of polystone is comparable to real stone. This impressive texture along with its ability to show details is why polystone is one of the most popular mass-produced resins.

Coldcast is a resin mixed with metallic powder, giving it an impressive finish. The mixture hardens after a long time, hence its name. None of these materials are as popular as PVC or ABS, but they have their own unique qualities that should be accounted for. Although they come at a higher price point, these three materials can provide a striking visual difference for a figurine/statue compared to other plastics.
"

Source : https://waypoint.la/collectibles/th...our-collector-editions-statues-and-figurines/

ES as in Expedite shipping?

Here’s the SpecFictionShop’s price and shipping prices (add $100 extra for the Flex Pay option) to USA...

46631827834_3b231a3d31_c_d.jpg

Sea Freight for me, it will take a couple of more months, but I don’t care, it’s $250 cheaper...

:lol

I just texted back and forth with SpecFiction’s Todd...he said that cold cast porcelain is as strong as polystone.

I just texted back and forth with SpecFiction’s Todd...he said that cold cast porcelain is as strong as polystone.

I'm just telling you as it is bud - it's your money :wink1:

Really don't understand XM's decision on this (assuming it's true) - are their other pieces cast using this material?

If I'd pre-ordered this, and this IS true, I'd be a bit concerned.

Cold Cast is a BAD choice for statues - PARTICULARLY one of this size. It is way more brittle than polystone and regular resins (unless they have come up with some way of making it less so).

My problem is lack of space.

I really, really want to order this piece. But like you are saying, that cold cast porcelain scares me. Plus it’s unlicensed here in the States. Also, single pieces are shipped by individual order, high shipping prices...and of course...the possibility of arriving damaged, and even if has warranty, what a hassle to start all over again.

Maybe I’ll go fo the Prime 1 Dog Alien instead.

Thoughts?

P.S. I’m also close to cancelling the HCG Alien Queen Wall Mount...as it has 19” spaced hanging holes...yet standard USA wall studs are spaced out by 16” not 19”...so the Queen doesn’t match the wall studs, what an idiotic flawed design, argh...

32424389977_26e6e9f512_c_d.jpg

i understand space issue but cold cast porcelain isn't an issue at all. XM has proved until now that they are on top of the market with P1. I don't know if you ever owned an XM piece but i can tell you you don't have anything to be afraid of

XM make all of their pieces out of cold cast porcelain, and on the whole they have a very low breakage rate. Often on pieces with higher breakage it's an element that's not made out of porcelain that is prone to breakage, like Darth Mauls cape which is made out of a plastic material.

Thanks, guys.

Sisko, saw your video. Did you order the XM Alien?

Between that one and the Prime 1 Dog Alien. Which you prefer if you only had space for one?

Back