XM Studios Alien by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys.

Sisko, saw your video. Did you order the XM Alien?

Between that one and the Prime 1 Dog Alien. Which you prefer if you only had space for one?

Yep, I have both on order. I've not seen the Dog in person yet so it's hard for me to choose which one I would prefer. Obviously the XM is a total concept piece not based on the movies, while the Dog is movie based. So that makes the choice easy for some people. I totally respect that some people will not be into the XM one, but I personally love it. It's got an incredible presence in person. However, I'm expecting that the same can be said for the Dog when it arrives. When in doubt my advice is always to go with your gut!

I did just upload some 4K footage of the XM Alien if you want to check it out.

Thanks for the info Rebecca - they must be using some improved "recipe" instead of the mixes many others have used in the past.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were the case. XM are known to do R&D for different materials. For example, they did extensive testing on different compounds for the water effect on Weapon X to find one that would not yellow over time. If I have the opportunity next time I'm in Singapore I'll ask them!

Yep, I have both on order. I've not seen the Dog in person yet so it's hard for me to choose which one I would prefer. Obviously the XM is a total concept piece not based on the movies, while the Dog is movie based. So that makes the choice easy for some people. I totally respect that some people will not be into the XM one, but I personally love it. It's got an incredible presence in person. However, I'm expecting that the same can be said for the Dog when it arrives. When in doubt my advice is always to go with your gut!

I did just upload some 4K footage of the XM Alien if you want to check it out.

My dilemma is not that I can’t get both, my problem is lack of space. My small cottage is so packed with collectibles that I’m literally running of room. I currently have three big things on pre order, the HCG Alien Queen Wall Sculpture, the CoolProps 1/3 Giger Maquette...and just placed a pre order for the Prime 1 Dog Alien. I’d love to add the XM Alien, it’s such a gorgeous huge piece, you captured it beautifully, what an art piece!

However, I’m considering cancelling the HCG Queen Wall Sculpture...mainly because the makers ineptly have the wrong hanging holes spacing on the back of the display, it does not match standard USA wall stud spacing...it’s an unbelievable blunder from them.

If I cancel the Queen, I’ll pre order the XM Alien.

Oh, I have been in constant talks with Chase Smith, he’s reserving one of his 1:1 Big Chaps busts for me...that thing is looking out of this world...and it’s the main reason I passed on the CoolProps Giger Head.

Thanks, Sisko!

Pictures from Ang Seng

"Final inspection on Alien engineer work... power!!!", Ang Seng.

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

65579497_231952916493udkng.jpg

65995787_231952929826f8jc6.jpg

65677606_231952934159l6ja2.jpg

66204111_231952942493m1kqp.jpg

66179403_2319529491592ukbb.jpg

You don't dare bump that thing when you have it set up. I made the mistake of feather dusting my Diablo statue. Appendages went flying. Lol!

As much I love Narin?s work and his Alien and even more the Predator themed sculpts are above the competition, this statue is his weakest work by now. No offence, but most likely he was forced by other creative directions to go this way. Usually he does his statues solo and he is just perfect in that. Sad miss.

I absolutely love this piece. It has the most Giger looking style to it of any Alien piece I've seen in this scale, mainly the base.

Nice to see they put effort into the production. Seems to look nice as final product. Still not my thing, but super happy for anyone who will get it to their collection and it finds some love. I still wait patiently for the P1 Warrior, which triggered my anticipation like crazy. Hope WinterWonderfest shows more.

Wow thanks Grumpy Bear! This is my most anticipated statue. I cant wait to have it between my Coolprops 1:3 Big Chap & 1:3 Dog Aliens. My dream is to have a 1:3 Alien from each on the 4 Sigourney movies. I am praying someone does a Resurrection with water theme base to complete the 4-pack!

You can see they've put a lot of time into the paint job. We are seeing a wave of the best large scale Alien pieces to date! Super excited for this! Sadly we still have months to wait.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

My wallet is glad that I have zero interest in this piece. At probably close to 3K with shipping, it doesn't make sense as a Mythos line. Also Jonesy looks terrible, and doesn't make any sense as an inclusion on a Mythos statue.

My wallet is glad that I have zero interest in this piece. At probably close to 3K with shipping, it doesn't make sense as a Mythos line. Also Jonesy looks terrible, and doesn't make any sense as an inclusion on a Mythos statue.
How are you figuring $3k? It's $1600 plus an estimated $300 shipping.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Back