XM Studios Alien by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wallet is glad that I have zero interest in this piece. At probably close to 3K with shipping, it doesn't make sense as a Mythos line. Also Jonesy looks terrible, and doesn't make any sense as an inclusion on a Mythos statue.

Yep, that Jonsey addition is just silly and useless. Especially as SS pulled that stunt on their Mythos already.

A true Giger tribute with both warrior style. Let's hope to see better pics soon.

Sorry, but this has nothing to do with Giger. It is far more heavy Resurrection design inspired and the base is a Prometheus reference and nothing what we saw in the original movie. Dont get me wrong, I did state already before that I adore Narins work and he and surely the team made a huge effort here, but the art direction here is a joke.

Yep, that Jonsey addition is just silly and useless. Especially as SS pulled that stunt on their Mythos already.

Sorry, but this has nothing to do with Giger. It is far more heavy Resurrection design inspired and the base is a Prometheus reference and nothing what we saw in the original movie. Dont get me wrong, I did state already before that I adore Narins work and he and surely the team made a huge effort here, but the art direction here is a joke.

This is your opinion. I talk about Giger Art...not other Alien movies. If you like Giger and check his art you will clearly see what i mean. If you can't see it, i can ;)

This is your opinion. I talk about Giger Art...not other Alien movies. If you like Giger and check his art you will clearly see what i mean. If you can't see it, i can ;)
Exactly. Not sure how a fan of Giger's art couldn't love this. [emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Not to derail the thread, but didn't Giger HATE artists and studios variations/molestation's of his original design? I would think that Giger would hate stuff like this. If a person was a true Giger devotee, I don't see how they could support anything he felt as a betrayal.

Last edited:
glad i can still think by myself and not be " a giger devotee"...It doesn't change my opinion at all. It's still in my eyes a fantastic and amazing tribute to Giger art maybe the most beautiful base i've seen ... and i clearly don't care what Giger would have said.

695701-h-r-giger-art-artwork-dark-evil-artistic-horror-fantasy-sci-fi-748x468.jpg

a1b2e9e3da8d0f65c1fd81657285abb4.jpg

d7cf15b7c34fe2b1ef9f2bf7f1d3074d.jpg

I'm not necessarily a Giger devotee. I'm a lover of all biomech artwork, including Giger's. I also love the Alien movie franchise, but for more than just aesthetics. The Giger works posted here by Vince clearly show how closely this piece resembles his work, which is going to look amazing on the shelf.

Last edited:
Not to derail the thread, but didn't Giger HATE artists and studios variations/molestation's of his original design? I would think that Giger would hate stuff like this. If a person was a true Giger devotee, I don't see how they could support anything he felt as a betrayal.
I'm sure he'd be thrilled with his creature stomping on the head of another one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

glad i can still think by myself and not be " a giger devotee"...It doesn't change my opinion at all. It's still in my eyes a fantastic and amazing tribute to Giger art maybe the most beautiful base i've seen ... and i clearly don't care what Giger would have said.

At the end of the day all that matters is that you personally love it.

I almost pulled the trigger on this one...but at the last minute, I passed. Like Burtial said...it is basically a Mythos piece. I am more interested in obtaining the big three movie 1/3 Aliens. I have the CoolProps Giger maquette...getting the Dog Alien in a couple of weeks...and to complete the Trinity...I am going to have to decide between the Warriors...either the CoolProps or the Prime 1...Kinda leaning towards the Prime 1...as the CoolProps base is gigantic and its tail way too long. Not hating on CoolProps...because I prefer their museum/cabinet Big Chap over the too stylized Prime 1 Big Chap.

Narin ‘s derivative interpretation is not for me...but I still appreciate his work.

Got my shipping notice. Now I have to decide if the express shipping option is worth an extra $265. The only reason I'm considering it is because with express there will be less handling, less chance for damage. Man that's a tough pill to swallow though.

Yep supposed to ship today. Biggest problem for me is that I have to go to Ikea and build another Pax cabinet ASAP. Kind of a big job, thought I had a couple more months lol. Anyways I'm super excited for this piece!!

He didn't fit in the Pax cube I had ready, too tall to slide back....but 10/200 is here! This piece is massive and epic in all ways! I'll get better pics once I get all of him into the light.

32c2bdf45188c000d3e6bba2d431cd78.jpg
7c04ca08ade09514c84fe041b8ef3d96.jpg

looks awesome, thanks for those pics! What's your thoughts on this piece? Here is a pic from Michael Reynolds on FB - size comparison with the P1 Dog Alien -

86378305_10106062042220921_8345375052471992320_n.jpg

Back