XM Studios Alien by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interestingly enough while I still think the sculpt is a masterpiece and I was looking forward to seeing this completed, I am not sure why I am not feeling the paint work...although it seems like a very complex paint job, something about it gives a bit of a garage kit feel...I just can't put my finger on it.

Narin is a God. Only thing I miss with this piece, is a visual highlight, or better said, a differentiation of the Alien and the base. The base is a cool nod towards Giger but overall a bit messy. Further, the forward leaning of the whole arrangement makes me wonder about how long it stays on the shelf until it gives in to gravity.

Interestingly enough while I still think the sculpt is a masterpiece and I was looking forward to seeing this completed, I am not sure why I am not feeling the paint work...although it seems like a very complex paint job, something about it gives a bit of a garage kit feel...I just can't put my finger on it.
Okay good it's not just me. I think this whole thing is painted the same colour and it just has no 'pop' to me. The aliens and the base are both brown and they just look like one huge mass.

I'm not really feeling this piece. I don't like the colour scheme nor the concept sculpt. Easy pass with this being the size that it is as well as the concerns for the lean eventually breaking.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I have no idea what you mean by "Garage kit feel"?

I love Narin's work but this just isn't doing it for me . . . no colour differentiation between the bugs and the base + strange base design + probably doesn't help that I don't like the "ALIENS" bug design.

Add the size on top of that, and this is the THIRD (of 3) prepaint statues of Narin's that I'm passing on.

Glad I have almost every one of his earlier pieces though :)

Thanks for the pics
thumb2.gif

There is nothing Garage kit about this piece. Seeing it for myself it is simply amazing. Pictures don’t do this piece justice. Will have a look at the base again tomorrow and examine this further. First impressions though were high for me. Even more than Narins Predator piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not fond of the posture of the aliens. but the design seems pretty good, with lots of details. the paint looks nice as well, although I would have better like a more blueish tone.

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

the paint looks nice as well, although I would have better like a more blueish tone.

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

Me too. I don't like the resurrection paint scheme.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Not a fan either. The Alien design and proportions with this one looks too cartoonish for me.

Some more pics! I tried to grab a pic of the cat at the back of the base. But battery ran flat so will grab a few more images when I go back there. Honestly the statue looks darker in person. Though I would agree more separation is needed between the base and Aliens. Will see what XM has to say and get back.

46eebe1b431ca7b9ea662b631f56fb9a.jpg

866f7705e62ab6805eef914f2576a985.jpg

f32028692d7e35311832bbb72fcceeb5.jpg

cd02c201621487bb93456ea7359b14d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glossy, they need to tone that way down and use it in spots versus all over. The pose and overall sculpt reminds me more of the Mark Nelson black and white comic book run on Dark Horse than anything from the movie....or inspired from the movie.

Back