XM Studios 1/4 Classic Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless they figure out an easy way to do it like with the sentinel eyes on the Wolverine statue. They could add a light up feature like that. But as of right now, I'd say no, too, on a light up feature.

Would be cool if his reactor was like the sentinel removable eye on Wolverine's base with a battery replacement & bulb compartment that can be opened and serviced as necessary.

Cap, BW, Thor, and Hawkeye look great. However, I think this Iron Man has the potential to be the best Avengers statue released by XM yet. The pose rocks and the base looks sick with those defeated Ultron drones. I remember reading and have all the JRJR/Layton Iron Man issues. That armor will always have a special place for me. It's one of my all time favorites. However, I noticed (for me) that it didn't really transfer over to statue form all that well. Statues by BD, Hard hero, and Diamond Select always seemed so plain to me. Even the SSC 1/4 COM of him holding the flag didn't excite me that much (although I must say, to this day I think the COH Stark portrait looks absolutely KILLER on it). I gave up on buying an 80's version of the armor because I was convinced it just didn't look as good in statue form as it did in the comics I grew up reading. Something seemed to be lost in translation because I just wasn't feeling any companies version of that armor.

Though I love most of the statues released by XM, sometimes I'm not so fond of them updating/modernizing the classic costumes these characters wear. I'm kind of a stickler for the classic look. However, I'm blown away by the concept art XM is using for this Iron Man statue. The updated costume seen in the concept art is absolutely amazing. The updating/modernization of the 80's costume is going to make this Iron Man statue look incredible. It'll give it a flair that I thought was missing on all the other classic statues I've seen. I'm so looking foward to seeing what this is going to look like when XM gets around to showing us pics. I have a feeling this will easily be the very best statue of the 80's IM we've ever seen and has the potential of being a truly special piece even by XM's standards.

Would be cool if his reactor was like the sentinel removable eye on Wolverine's base with a battery replacement & bulb compartment that can be opened and serviced as necessary.

Yup, exactly my thinking. But as of right now nothing. So ....

Cap, BW, Thor, and Hawkeye look great. However, I think this Iron Man has the potential to be the best Avengers statue released by XM yet. The pose rocks and the base looks sick with those defeated Ultron drones. I remember reading and have all the JRJR/Layton Iron Man issues. That armor will always have a special place for me. It's one of my all time favorites. However, I noticed (for me) that it didn't really transfer over to statue form all that well. Statues by BD, Hard hero, and Diamond Select always seemed so plain to me. Even the SSC 1/4 COM of him holding the flag didn't excite me that much (although I must say, to this day I think the COH Stark portrait looks absolutely KILLER on it). I gave up on buying an 80's version of the armor because I was convinced it just didn't look as good in statue form as it did in the comics I grew up reading. Something seemed to be lost in translation because I just wasn't feeling any companies version of that armor.

Though I love most of the statues released by XM, sometimes I'm not so fond of them updating/modernizing the classic costumes these characters wear. I'm kind of a stickler for the classic look. However, I'm blown away by the concept art XM is using for this Iron Man statue. The updated costume seen in the concept art is absolutely amazing. The updating/modernization of the 80's costume is going to make this Iron Man statue look incredible. It'll give it a flair that I thought was missing on all the other classic statues I've seen. I'm so looking foward to seeing what this is going to look like when XM gets around to showing us pics. I have a feeling this will easily be the very best statue of the 80's IM we've ever seen and has the potential of being a truly special piece even by XM's standards.
Agree completely. Good assessment of the others. Their all missing something. To me the XM modernization is the touch that makes them unique. When I think of why I'm not as excited about their Thor I think it's because it's missing that touch. A tad of upgrades would have sent him off the charts imo

Well said, & I agree 100%. This Ironman sculpt will be as epic for this character as Mags sculpt was for his. Will simply be the best classic IM ever released so far. A true masterpiece in the works. Now how to get one????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back