XM Studios 1/4 Classic Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this worth the extra $800 over the OP Knight Edition? Why the huge price difference considering they are just the same size?

from the guy I talked to, this would cost me XM retail + $200+ Shipping (~$200)+ pp fees. For me, this would cost at least $1k more than likely. It's crazy how the prices for US buyers continue to rise dramatically. I will prolly be passing on this.

Dunno, people pay that amount constantly for the MK6 or WM maquettes. It all comes down to how the finished sculpt comes out, which I hope to see soon. But I agree I wouldn't commit this early without seeing at least the finished sculpt, knowing that the final price would end up in that range. I locked mine through SimplyToys so I should be able to have a far better deal anyway.

I'm defn not one of those people to pay those prices for a 1/4 IM lol, but we will see. I don't currently have a IM in the collection anymore, so I'm on the hunt for something with a bang. I'm waiting on the final product details on the CM IM. If I don't get that one, I may jump on this and the 1/4 HT version.

Yeah, I was on the same boat more or less, so I can relate.
I thought I was safe since the only thing that would make me drop this kind of money on IM is a badass comics design (I'm sick of all the movie armors) and genuinely thought that whatever XM was coming up with, it wouldn't have been enough.
Gotta say XM and HIVE did a hell of a job and hooked me by my nutsack with the concept, the armor rendition is spot on to my tastes and I have a thing for bases with corpses, a la Resinworx Wolverine.
If this IM stays true to the concept art, I'll only need that awesome War Machine by Avi&Canale so I can forget about Iron Man collectibles forever and ever.

Movie version is never ending. Can't keep up. That's why this might be the IM for my collection. Just hope it don't sell out so fast

Very true, there's always another movie IM around the corner. This classic is going to be gone instantly. ;)

I have been searching for a very long time for an iron man 1/4 to fit in my collection, I feel that nothing out does. I don't want a movie version I wanted a more... I don't even know the word "traditional" I guess id say but not "classic". I didn't want a classic because to me it looks like he is wearing a costume and not armor but I also don't want current stuff. This has that blend of what I am looking for to go along side my cap and upcoming thor hulk and spidey. I have attempted to get 3 XM pieces and have not been able to get a pre order in and I really would like this to be my 1st. Any tips would be appreciated maybe guiding me what I can do when it does eventually go up for PO.

And to be honest I really liked the XM mark VII I just HATED the base. I find it so tacky and it doesn't go with anyone I want to display IM with at all.

I'm hoping that this will be my definitive piece for IronMan as well.

I don't like the Mark 42's armor styles. I liked the Mark 7 armor style, but his legs were too skinny, so I passed on it.

decided to put down a deposit for this. I didn't want to risk missing it if I end up not buying what I was planning to. I imagine once the final sculpt is shown, it will be gone in hours.

decided to put down a deposit for this. I didn't want to risk missing it if I end up not buying what I was planning to. I imagine once the final sculpt is shown, it will be gone in hours.

Good move!

The art concept alone looks great. And XM always kills it with their sculpt. I think locking this up right now is a no-brainer.

Back