XM Studios 1/4 Classic Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is amazing. The Iron Man statue I've been waiting for for years. Finally I can add him to my collection

I don't know much about XM, but would like to order that Brown Wolverine if and when it comes available. I hope it isn't too difficult to secure even pre-orders.

The angular aesthetic contributes to that IMO. I don't care for evil heroes myself, but YMMV.

a67c8cae6c2b59b85d097819a292825d.jpg

XM version looks pretty classic and similar to comic.

The abs armor and arms/legs plating seem reasonable changes yet kept the feel of Classic. Love it.

The abs armor and arms/legs plating seem reasonable changes yet kept the feel of Classic. Love it.

Yup. I passed on all the IM statue. But this looks good

Same here. I skipped the other IM pieces, but this piece I really like! I've been waiting for this since this

Sneak peek of Classic Iron Man from Hive Studios
10407510_1458991807654847_3847205914264357012_n_zps70981a7a.jpg

This would look nice with a old comic book cover of IM in the background

Glad XM is taking this route instead of that full classic look. I don't want a 1:4 Bowen.

That's closer to Classic than the other one

Yeah I would love t see an Iron Man truly inspired by Bob Layton. If you are going to do something do it... Not some hallway sort of thing.

True on both accounts. For me, it's just a happy compromise between the Classic and the Modern. Although, I would've been just as happy with the pure Classic look. When I was reading comics back then, the idea of microscopic chain mail fortified by an electro-magnetic field was very advanced I thought.

Glad XM is taking this route instead of that full classic look. I don't want a 1:4 Bowen.

Completely agree, as much as I appreciate Bowen's classic take on characters they've never been something I wanted in my collection. Very happy with XM's take here, this really might turn out to be their greatest IM effort of all three releases.

The paint app would totally separate it from Bowen though

That's true, but with a more simple and plain sculpt (like the purely classic one) it would just look like a 1:4 Bowen on steroids.
I mean, I've seen a chromed Bowen Ultron and the stellar paint app does nothing to make the sculpt look more complex, so to say.

Just sold my Sideshow Classic Comic Iron Man Exclusive Comiquette for this piece :rock Damn...it looks so good and that's coming from someone who is not the biggest fan of the Iron Man comic version :lol

Yeah but no light so will you keep him? :lol

I have my order in for this as well. Still looking for a VII :gah:

Yeah but no light so will you keep him? :lol

I have my order in for this as well. Still looking for a VII :gah:

:lol did you know there are a few people now who are crying out to XM to at least put some kind of light feature in this piece...:panic: :panic:

regardless, its Comic Iron Man so the light feature wouldn't be so off putting compared to not having it on the movie version...at least for me anyway :)

Hope you can lock in a MKVII Jay! Wish I knew earlier as I could've passed my PO on to you :(

:lol did you know there are a few people now who are crying out to XM to at least put some kind of light feature in this piece...:panic: :panic:

regardless, its Comic Iron Man so the light feature wouldn't be so off putting compared to not having it on the movie version...at least for me anyway :)

Hope you can lock in a MKVII Jay! Wish I knew earlier as I could've passed my PO on to you :(
I said they should put flickering/dying eyes on the Ultron and maybe sparking wires on the ripped off arm. Like sideshow did with that Xmen dio.

I said they should put flickering/dying eyes on the Ultron and maybe sparking wires on the ripped off arm. Like sideshow did with that Xmen dio.
Yea, that's a good shout...or the same thing Sideshow did with their Saruman PF which also had that flickering effect

Back