XM Studios 1/4 Classic Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How come I cant find this on XM site? This nor the Spidey villians :mad:
Who/What is Hive?

Hive comes up with the concept art and art prints for XM. XM takes Hive's concept art and creates statues from it. Hive is an art studio. The reason you can't find Iron Man on XM's website is because XM didn't even print the statue or paint it yet. We'll start seeing pics when the statue is printed, then we'll see it painted up. After XM finishes their tweaks on the statue and it gets approved by Marvel, XM will give us a PO date. Once the PO date arrives, we'll see Iron Man on their website for PO. Same process will happen for the Spidey villains.

Actually, the PO date for Classic IM is up, subject to change, of course.

11057284_929587517091514_7484806086486127963_n.jpg

Actually, the PO date for Classic IM is up, subject to change, of course.

11057284_929587517091514_7484806086486127963_n.jpg

Yeah, I forgot they announced the PO date for IM in their schedule. However, we won't see pics of Iron Man on their website until he goes up for PO. Also, the Spidey villains aren't listed on the schedule. I was just trying to give jpuli an idea of how the process works.

Appreciate it thanks. I saw someone posted back it was already sold out :slap I was like how'd I miss this?! Im gonna owe XM an apology when they respond to my email (if they do, Ive never gotten a single update and Im an annual member).

As much as XM deserves its respect, I really wish SS would get their MKIII (or even a IV) in gear. I really relate more to the Classic but not the high XM price tag.

And while it'll only be a run of 999 (most likely), the market is saturated with Iron Men. Yes I collect what I like first but I also entertain the idea of profit in the future 2nd, I mean you cant take 'em with ya you know. My point being, I don't see this Classic going for more than retail... ever. So maybe it would be prudent to waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiit for SS to come around, idk.... Thoughts?

Last edited:
You never know. Maybe SSC will come around. I like to think that the new Amazing Spider-Man sculpt is a response to the great sculpts XM has been unveiling lately.

Yet, in the other hand, it might just be business as usual with SSC and the new Spider-Man sculpt is just a one time thing. Dunno ...

As much as XM deserves its respect, I really wish SS would get their MKIII (or even a IV) in gear. I really relate more to the Classic but not the high XM price tag.

And while it'll only be a run of 999 (most likely), the market is saturated with Iron Men. Yes I collect what I like first but I also entertain the idea of profit in the future 2nd, I mean you take 'em with ya you know. My point being, I don't see this Classic going for more than retail... ever. So maybe it would be prudent to waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiit for SS to come around, idk.... Thoughts?

Don´t drunk and post, thx. :rotfl

And while it'll only be a run of 999 (most likely), the market is saturated with Iron Men. Yes I collect what I like first but I also entertain the idea of profit in the future 2nd, I mean you cant take 'em with ya you know. My point being, I don't see this Classic going for more than retail... ever. So maybe it would be prudent to waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiit for SS to come around, idk.... Thoughts?

Not to start the hype train but... while it's true that the market is full of Iron Men, there's only TWO comics 1:4 scale IM out there, both by Sideshow and both going for above retail.
And I'm confident to say that this Iron Man is going to rule them all. The pose, the base, the details, the armor. Out of all the IMs out there, finally we have THE Iron Man, kicking asses and butchering Ultron sentries. This is the Iron Man I want in my collection. No more holding flags and punching the ground and palm repulsing things - all nice poses, but they don't convey how brutally determined Tony can be when the situation asks for it.

Not to start the hype train but... while it's true that the market is full of Iron Men, there's only TWO comics 1:4 scale IM out there, both by Sideshow and both going for above retail.
And I'm confident to say that this Iron Man is going to rule them all. The pose, the base, the details, the armor. Out of all the IMs out there, finally we have THE Iron Man, kicking asses and butchering Ultron sentries. This is the Iron Man I want in my collection. No more holding flags and punching the ground and palm repulsing things - all nice poses, but they don't convey how brutally determined Tony can be when the situation asks for it.

Exactly the input im interested in :goodpost:

Pretty much this.

The 1:4 market isn't saturated with well executed Iron Man statues, but if you're looking for a QC ridden hot mess than yes there's plenty to choose from.

To be clear, the only thing we are working off of is the black and white Hive concept art?
The way i see it with xm the basic Hive concept,its all you need, wanna know why? I remember when the Phoenix concept was out I was like yea right GL making that never gonna happen its never gonna look like that! Well XM made me eat my own words it became even better.

If they say its gonna look like IM destroying ultrons even with only that hive concept you can only imagine whats it gonna look like but trust me it will not be enought!

To be clear, the only thing we are working off of is the black and white Hive concept art?

I echo what others said. HIVE's concept art gives you a very accurate idea of what to expect. I was very pumped by their Black Bolt art and couldn't be happier seeing how it translated in statue form. Worths to mention that black and white art is awesome, but seeing the finished sculpt painted brings the concept to a whole other level :D

I echo what others said. HIVE's concept art gives you a very accurate idea of what to expect. I was very pumped by their Black Bolt art and couldn't be happier seeing how it translated in statue form. Worths to mention that black and white art is awesome, but seeing the finished sculpt painted brings the concept to a whole other level :D

The sculpts are almost always better than the concept art. Kraven look feminine and flamboyant in the Hive drawing, now he looks AMAZING.

The sculpts are almost always better than the concept art. Kraven look feminine and flamboyant in the Hive drawing, now he looks AMAZING.

That's no lie! He was, for real. Looks good now, tho....

Back