Statue XM Star Wars 1/4 Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have seen the luke pilot sculpt in person. i can confirm its the snowspeeder cockpit, definitely not x-wing
its based on the battle of hoth

Not to sound rude but... did you manage to take a close look at the facial likenesses? That's my #1 concern, since you managed to check Vader's helmet can you tell if the likeness on Luke Pilot is there?
luke pilot isnt painted so its kinda hard to determine now actually

I don't know if it's in comparison to the other pieces but the Luke Pilot piece looked kinda tiny and didn't have much presence. Still unfinished though so there you go.

Thanks guys, forgot they were unpainted. Looking back at the Luke concept art yeah, it's just his figure plus a small part of the cockpit so I kinda expected it to be average sized :)

Not to sound rude but... did you manage to take a close look at the facial likenesses? That's my #1 concern, since you managed to check Vader's helmet can you tell if the likeness on Luke Pilot is there?

NO I have not seen close ups.. that said.. I have no clue about the likness.. as said.. Luke does look promising.. but I have to see painted and close ups on him

Difficult to see the likeness due to how it's just the unpainted sculpt, will reserve judgement on that for later.

All of them were huge, much bigger than I thought they would be anyway.

Luke and snowspeeder I couldn't care much tbh, kinda underwhelming anw.

Luke and Yoda I liked the most, the base was quite big too, but I don't think likeness was an issue. He's basically doing a handstand with Yoda on top of him.

Darth Maul, I dunno. Was expecting to order this one but didn't do so in the end because... well, just doesn't fit my imagination of Darth Maul. His pose here is the one where he leaps off his speeder bike to duel Qui Gon on Tatooine, and while I can appreciate how he does use some ninja stuff in his fighting style (I forgot the name of that style, there was a youtube video for it), I'd say his death stare assassin-ish pose from the SS rendition is what most people would look for in a good Maul statue. Did I mention the sculpt was huge too? Overall, undecided as to whether I'll get him next year or not. Leaning towards no.

Grevious. Epic. Both sculpt-wise and price-wise. Has his speeder bike (that rolling thing when he was escaping-fighting Obi wan) and will supposedly also come with 4 ignited lightsaber blades (based on the concept art), so that's cool. Blades weren't ignited in the unpainted sculpt though. Good luck to those who have the money for him, he's worth it imo.

Darth Maul, I dunno. Was expecting to order this one but didn't do so in the end because... well, just doesn't fit my imagination of Darth Maul. His pose here is the one where he leaps off his speeder bike to duel Qui Gon on Tatooine, and while I can appreciate how he does use some ninja stuff in his fighting style (I forgot the name of that style, there was a youtube video for it), I'd say his death stare assassin-ish pose from the SS rendition is what most people would look for in a good Maul statue. Did I mention the sculpt was huge too? Overall, undecided as to whether I'll get him next year or not. Leaning towards no.

So you prefer the SS maul? The dilemma people have here is that although SS maul nailed the likeness which is by far the best likeness of ray park iv'e seen in a while and his stance very subtle but menacing that hes still maybe too simplistic without his robe/hood and a very simple base vs. the XM maul which may have an excellent base and an action pose that is dynamic but too complex that it takes away the essence of the character. Although like a lot of people say....sometimes less is more

To me the ssc maul is the best maul representation to date

I think the same goes for SSC boba Fett too. The XM one is way too busy and cartoony imo.

I hope the Luke and Yoda come out good though!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

For me
SS Luke > XM Lukes
SS Maul > XM Maul
SS Vader > XM Vader
XM Fett > SS Fett
At least that's how my PO went though I ordered the XM Vader as well.

That's a bummer considering I find the SS Luke(s) absolutely mediocre and soulless :(

I saw a picture of the XM X-Wing Pilot Luke and it looked great.. (but I do not have close ups if they nailed the Likeness)

Any of these SW XM statues are most likely 1.5 to 2 years out. People do realize that, right? I mean, it's taken Fett this long for the painted prototype to be shown and his design was initially shown off over a year ago.

Yes but, no hurry. Unless Sideshow is redoing (and redoing well) some OG characters like Luke and Han, I have no interest in the n-thousanth variation of the Stormtroopers or the senile versions of the OG characters from TFA. I really only need one or two characters, the right ones with the right outfits, and good likenesses and paint app, then I'm good. I have nothing Star Wars and it's kind of embarassing

Well, I have the newest Boba Fett PF, the original R2-D2 and C-3PO PF, and the Vader PF shipped out and on the way. I also just ordered the Darth Maul PF because why not. One PT 1/4 scale piece won't kill me will it? :lol

I agree, I don't want TFA human characters (although a good price on Kylo Ren and I may get him), but a nice OT Luke or Han might be in my future since I can't even get the perfect likeness of either in a 1/6 figure. They have come close and I do still love them, but nothing has been spot on and quite right.

So you prefer the SS maul? The dilemma people have here is that although SS maul nailed the likeness which is by far the best likeness of ray park iv'e seen in a while and his stance very subtle but menacing that hes still maybe too simplistic without his robe/hood and a very simple base vs. the XM maul which may have an excellent base and an action pose that is dynamic but too complex that it takes away the essence of the character. Although like a lot of people say....sometimes less is more

For the price I have to pay to get both to my doorstep, XM is the most likely outcome so far, if I do end up getting one in the end. It's not bad, it's just not what I think a definitive Maul should look like, plus it occupies some heavy real estate there.

The SS I agree there's nothing much going for it apart from the face and pose and light-up blades (which I'm a fan of when they're working, and not so much when they aren't), but I think SS has been taking the piss lately with regards to their pricing strategy, so I don't intend to give them my business.

Well, I have the newest Boba Fett PF, the original R2-D2 and C-3PO PF, and the Vader PF shipped out and on the way. I also just ordered the Darth Maul PF because why not. One PT 1/4 scale piece won't kill me will it? :lol

I agree, I don't want TFA human characters (although a good price on Kylo Ren and I may get him), but a nice OT Luke or Han might be in my future since I can't even get the perfect likeness of either in a 1/6 figure. They have come close and I do still love them, but nothing has been spot on and quite right.

You mean waiting to get the PF for cheaper on the secondary market?
That would be my plan for Maul eventually, if I really don't see anything else that I like. Regular is more than enough for me, I'd probably display it without the saber blades. Stance and expression remind me of the scene when he and Qui Gonn are divided by the energy shield and he switches off the saber while walking around.
I see a lot of PFs going for below retail (often sensibly, 100 even 150$ less) and he's the only non-OT character I'd buy if I find him at a reasonable price

Back