Statue XM Star Wars 1/4 Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean waiting to get the PF for cheaper on the secondary market?
That would be my plan for Maul eventually, if I really don't see anything else that I like. Regular is more than enough for me, I'd probably display it without the saber blades. Stance and expression remind me of the scene when he and Qui Gonn are divided by the energy shield and he switches off the saber while walking around.
I see a lot of PFs going for below retail (often sensibly, 100 even 150$ less) and he's the only non-OT character I'd buy if I find him at a reasonable price
I'd definitely pick up Kylo aftermarket for a reduced price as well.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

So far my SW display has the Jedi Knight Luke, R2 and C3P0, Vader PFs as well as the Obiwan Mythos and LS Yoda. Along with Koto and Hot Toys Han and Chewy.
I've been eyeing the Slave Leia PF for a while now but prices have gone way up. Ordered the Vader set and XM Fett from last year.

I was kinda hoping to see the XM Han and Luke Stormtroopers. I need a good Han piece and maybe Leia then I'm good for the OT. Ordered Kylo and Maul PF and will get Rey. Doubt I'm going for Finn or Poe though. So what pieces would you guys consider must haves?

Luke (Bespin, black Jedi robes or pilot outfit)
Han (shirt and vest outfit)
Leia (non slut outfit, possibly Hoth)

This based on Disney's current directives, I'd buy almost anything Mythos-style.
Vader, Obi Wan and Boba would be in the list but not sold on any of the poses seen right now, their Mythos counterparts are much more inspired imho.

Luke (Bespin, black Jedi robes or pilot outfit) Agreed
Han (shirt and vest outfit) I'd prefer Hoth Han, but I wouldn't mind this either
Leia (non slut outfit, possibly Hoth) Probably no interest in her, but I would agree Hoth would be the best.

This based on Disney's current directives, I'd buy almost anything Mythos-style.
Vader, Obi Wan and Boba would be in the list but not sold on any of the poses seen right now, their Mythos counterparts are much more inspired imho.

Comments above.

Luke (Bespin, black Jedi robes or pilot outfit)
Han (shirt and vest outfit)
Leia (non slut outfit, possibly Hoth)

I would love to have a Leia Boushh version

but OT Leia outfit is the most classic IMO .. but the old one is just not there...

It boggles my mind that they have not released official art of any kind for these pieces. Other than sneaked mock ups that a lucky few were able to see last year, there has been nothing. No wide release mock ups, WIPs, nothing! But when it comes to letting the prices be known there was no problem. I will most likely not be getting anything from this line, mainly due to cost and the hoops one would need to jump through to get anything, but I'd still love to see them at the very least. I'm sure we can blame Disney, but Marvel hasn't seemed to make them be so secretive with their pieces. Strange.

I talked to one of the guys there, and this all comes directly from Lucasfilm. He said they are much more strict than Marvel/Disney, and they are not allowed to publicly show any Star Wars concepts or sculpts until they are completely finished and have gone through final approvals. The only way around that is to let people see them in person but not take photos so that they are not publicly released.

Im pretty sure I did ;) .. unless they are painted now

The Vader trio was indeed painted. It looked very good to me, including the likeness on the two Anakins. I hate the prequels so I won't be ordering, but it looked very good to me.

A $1,500 USD +shipping Grievous???? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:rotfl

You have no idea how huge it is! It's the size of a large 1:1 bust. It was extremely impressive in person.

its a joke how the SW line is handled by XM.. they can #&$($& themselves ..

that being said...

Grievous .. to much stuff going on.. not my thing
Maul .. he jumps off his bike like in EP1 .. kind of cool... but again.. not my thing
Luke/Yoda.. he is training and is doing the hand stand thing and balancing Yoda on his leg.. not sure about that
Luke X wing pilot.. that one looks really good !! I need to see that one painted up
Vader set.. again.. as mentioned.. disappointed and helmet looks off

Unfortunately like I said above, how they are handling the Star Wars line is coming directly from Lucasfilm. They have no control over the fact that they can't reveal the statues before they are complete, or that they are not allowed to sell to international territories :(

That's a bummer considering I find the SS Luke(s) absolutely mediocre and soulless :(

I was blown away by the two XM Luke's. In fact, the Yoda/Luke dio is my favourite piece from the whole show. Which is saying something since there were some utterly mindblowing pieces there. I'm getting both the dio and the pilot Luke for sure. Likeness looked good to me on both, although they weren't painted. I thought the other three Star Wars pieces looked great too, but I am only buying OT. I loved the action pose Maul but I have a strong preference for action poses or diorama style pieces.

I talked to one of the guys there, and this all comes directly from Lucasfilm. He said they are much more strict than Marvel/Disney, and they are not allowed to publicly show any Star Wars concepts or sculpts until they are completely finished and have gone through final approvals. The only way around that is to let people see them in person but not take photos so that they are not publicly released.

I kind of figured that was the case.

Sounds like two of the best ones are from the prequels. I know Maul has a pretty big fan base, but wish they spent some time on the OT characters. The Luke/Yoda sounds promising, but I'm reserving judgement until I see them. I was hoping they're take on Vader would be very unique but many say it just doesn't work. :dunno

Sounds like two of the best ones are from the prequels. I know Maul has a pretty big fan base, but wish they spent some time on the OT characters. The Luke/Yoda sounds promising, but I'm reserving judgement until I see them. I was hoping they're take on Vader would be very unique but many say it just doesn't work. :dunno
Yeah, I would have liked to see more OT characters. I'm still looking forward to the Anakin-Vader pieces. If they suck, that'll just be money saved.

Hey guys, Was watching phantom menace last night. Just so happened it was on SyfyHD. A lot of people here said Maul's pose was dynamic it looked like he was leaping off from his speeder. So i started looking at pictures in google and i found this. Is it pretty similar to this pose right here where he was leaping from his speeder to fight Qui-Gon with half a saber lit?

phantomenaceduel.jpg

Hey guys, Was watching phantom menace last night. Just so happened it was on SyfyHD. A lot of people here said Maul's pose was dynamic it looked like he was leaping off from his speeder. So i started looking at pictures in google and i found this. Is it pretty similar to this pose right here where he was leaping from his speeder to fight Qui-Gon with half a saber lit?

View attachment 294025

kind of.. its def. taken from that scene

If it looks like that, that's kind of a strange and daring choice...

I hope the face is clearly visible because that's what people really care about, especially when it comes to Maul and his signature, perfectly designed look.

Really anxious to see it. With the PF looking so good, it's going to take a lot to make me shell out the money for this, even as a huge Maul fan.

If it looks like that, that's kind of a strange and daring choice...

I hope the face is clearly visible because that's what people really care about, especially when it comes to Maul and his signature, perfectly designed look.

Really anxious to see it. With the PF looking so good, it's going to take a lot to make me shell out the money for this, even as a huge Maul fan.

It's a lot more graceful than that. He's jumping off the side of the speeder with one foot like he's pushing off, and his other knee is in the air. There's a wave of sand coming up from under the other side of the speeder like it's in motion. He had his robe on, which had excellent texturing and was sculpted to be flowing behind him. His face was clearly visible and it looked to have a good likeness (though it's harder to tell without paint). Both his arms were up over his head holding the dual lightsaber. Sort of in a way that looked like he was about to do a downward stroke. It's huge and has a big presence because he's standing on the speeder and has his arms over his head. Yet the footprint looked to be pretty manageable, as the base itself wasn't too big. The biggest part was the lightsaber.

It's a lot more graceful than that. He's jumping off the side of the speeder with one foot like he's pushing off, and his other knee is in the air. There's a wave of sand coming up from under the other side of the speeder like it's in motion. He had his robe on, which had excellent texturing and was sculpted to be flowing behind him. His face was clearly visible and it looked to have a good likeness (though it's harder to tell without paint). Both his arms were up over his head holding the dual lightsaber. Sort of in a way that looked like he was about to do a downward stroke. It's huge and has a big presence because he's standing on the speeder and has his arms over his head. Yet the footprint looked to be pretty manageable, as the base itself wasn't too big. The biggest part was the lightsaber.
Great description bro! I can see all of that. Thanks!

that sounds pretty awesome :< too expensive with shipping to the west though, asian ppl should enjoy it though ><

Was there any timetable on when the Finished Piece's can be shown?
I already Pre-Ordered the Vader Set and Grievous just on Faith that these will be Incredible. I know that when they are finally shown, it may make it really difficult to secure them. So, didn't wanna miss out.

Great description bro! I can see all of that. Thanks!

You're welcome!

Was there any timetable on when the Finished Piece's can be shown?
I already Pre-Ordered the Vader Set and Grievous just on Faith that these will be Incredible. I know that when they are finally shown, it may make it really difficult to secure them. So, didn't wanna miss out.

No, apparently the approvals are very stringent for Star Wars so they take longer. The Vader trio was painted and looked pretty much finished, so I imagine it will be the next one shown. I actually really liked the trio despite not at all liking the prequels. I thought the likeness was great on both young Anakin and jedi Anakin. They had young Anakin on a small sandy base, jedi Anakin on a medium sized rocky lava base, and then Vader on a taller death star looking base. It really gave a sense of the progression from young boy to Darth Vader, and I thought it looked very nice in person. Grievous is HUUUUUGGGGEEEE!!!!! But looked amazing :)

Back