XM 1/6 X-Men HUGE Sentinel Battle Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the piece though, for hardcore X-men fans I'm sure owners of Sideshows "mostly" lackluster X-men pieces would fund this through sales of those products to other collectors.

Hell, I'd even think about selling almost everything just for one iconic scene/piece that represents my love for the X-men. I remember I touted something like this with connectable bases a few years back for a line to make them feel like one scene (although admittedly there was no GIANT kick ass Sentinel in the middle). XM at this moment are seriously the future of well thought out statue's and comic based art. If they start pulling things like this off, nobody can touch them. You can't even get custom pieces as good as some of the designs they are churning out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Bruce nailed it on the head with his comment that it might be doable if they release the pieces over 2-3 years.... If they release everything within a year then only the most wealthy collectors will be able to afford this puppy.....

Whoever can afford this will defiantly have a crown jewel for their collection.

I think Bruce nailed it on the head with his comment that it might be doable if they release the pieces over 2-3 years.... If they release everything within a year then only the most wealthy collectors will be able to afford this puppy.....

I think they should release it quickly. Like tearing off a band aid. Those who can get it will and those who can't wont. I don't think extending it will do anybody favors. What will happen is those who can just barely afford it will dabble in it and pick some pieces but not others and clog up the distribution network looking for ways to pick and chose

Yes it's only for the elite collectors :lol.

Posted on SF

I would rather see Iceman and Jean Grey instead of Sabertooth and X-23.

agreed...sabertooth? why? Unless you had a version with just villains, I don't get this choice over jean grey. In any case, man, that is such an awesome lineup. I hope they mockup the entire sets first so we can see them completely assembled before making the decision to go all in. I don't see how someone can make this commitment without seeing everything cast and painted and put together before the first one goes up for PO. Also, if you were to just buy a single character, would it be displayable without the set?

I believe an XM rep said it would be 2016 so will have plenty of time to see mock ups and WIP...

I interpreted XM's statement as the project will run from now until 2016. 12 releases in ~24 months, which is crazy hectic. I don't think it will gestate in conceptual for 2 years. Gonna have to commit early and often.

Yeah over a couple of years would be doable I reckon.

I interpreted XM's statement as the project will run from now until 2016. 12 releases in ~24 months, which is crazy hectic. I don't think it will gestate in conceptual for 2 years. Gonna have to commit early and often.

Basically it's budget about $400/month for the next two years once this gets underway. That's more than a car payment. And that's not even factoring in any other pieces from XM, SS, HT or others. Pretty insane when you think about it. What are we coming to? But I'm gonna be in.

Posted on SF

Originally Posted by XM STUDIOS
currently we have wolverine ,beast , storm , sabretooth, pyslocke,cyclops , angel ,night crawler ,gambit , rogue , x 23 and colossus

I would rather see Iceman and Jean Grey instead of Sabertooth and X-23.

Totally agree!

These should be the core characters for these 2 epic dioramas:
wolverine ,beast , storm , phoenix, psylocke, cyclops , angel, nightcrawler, gambit, rogue, iceman and colossus

These 2 dios are going to be the first of their kind, it wouldn't be right without this core group.

Nope, they're saying it will start in 2016. So we have time to save up for it.

Nope, they're saying it will start in 2016. So we have time to save up for it.

XM Studios : "This project will run till 2016 , so collectors have lot of times to save up"
I don't read that as starting in 2016. XM is not known to move slowly.... But I may be wrong.

XM Studios : "This project will run till 2016 , so collectors have lot of times to save up"
I don't read that as starting in 2016. XM is not known to move slowly.... But I may be wrong.

I kind of take it that they will start selling in 2016, that the project will take from now till then to complete.

god damn it.. i dont want x 23 and angel but if i buy the rest without those 2 , the sentinel will look weird especially without the head. damn it xm....u really know how to pull it off.

god damn it.. i dont want x 23 and angel but if i buy the rest without those 2 , the sentinel will look weird especially without the head. damn it xm....u really know how to pull it off.

Ah so it statues sold separately to put together in one big set up! I think I figure it out now. If this is true this will be a nice size display.

want to share a little ... based on XM historical record....only 2 1:4 XM statues were being released and shipped in 2014....I suspect that they could do 2 statues in each quarters ...

If so the shipping schedule should be as follow:
first quarter of 2015 - Mangeto and Iron Man XLII
second quarter of 2015 - Black Widow and Hawkeye
third quarter - Wolverine and Ant Man
forth quarter - Phoenix and Thanos

This is assuming the factory understands what the collectors/XM want and do a perfect jobs in each time.

There are also Iron Man Mark VII, Thor, Ms Marvel, Cable, She Hulk, Dr Strange, Deadpool and Black Bolt (another 8 1:4 projects taking place) on the 3D designing stages...
And also the 1:6 scale line...

These 2 the Sentinel dios that needs more time in planning, design and ensure all 14 pieces are in line with scale, positioning and design etc... and same as what we concern about the degree of completeness to obtain all pieces.... So the ordering procedure may be different to what we used to take previously....
XM did mention they MAY leave a separate line for those who want to get every single piece of the whole dio sets....

They could always work on this project first but for their best interest they should obtain more market share of releasing more insane quality of 1:4 scale first before release these dio sets ... to gain more publicity and words of mouth....such a giant project should have sold for higher ES to recover all these expansive pre-production costs.

I truly doubt that it will be ready to be shipped until 2017. But I think they have already max out their output already... press it too harsh may just trigger QC issue... So to save additional $5000-6000 within the coming 2-3 years shouldn't be too a big issue. To leave space of displaying these 2 dios would be the most difficult part on my end .... so I agree I have to start selling some of the old collection ....

Also, do you guys think the old SSC diorama sets will look good with these Sentinel set together?

Back