Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I feel sorry for him if he needs an IGN article to validate his PS3 purchase.

Yeah. Apparently he does. Sad thing is, it doesn't make it true. There can be a thousand articles that say PS3 is better. I have the PS3, 360 and Wii and the 360 wins every time for me.

It's all a matter of personal preference and no article can change that.

It's all a matter of personal preference and no article can change that.

I prefer the PS3, but only because it has a Blu Ray player and free online. Everything else is 360!! The user new interface is 100x better than the PS3's which hasn't been updated since it came out. I find it funny how the fanboys post that the PS3 finally caught up to the 360, but dismiss that it took 5 years to do it. Not to mention the RROD scandal...I'm sure that hurt MS whether or not anybody admits it.

Last edited:
I really do need a 360. But, it's been so long already. I'm not sure if I should get one now, or just hold out for the next generation of consoles.

I really do need a 360. But, it's been so long already. I'm not sure if I should get one now, or just hold out for the next generation of consoles.

Honestly they've not even announced a new console coming out. Just rumors of one. Even when they do announce it, it'll be a couple of years until it is released. So it's not too late for a 360.

It'll be around 2 years before we see a new one hitting the shelves. For $199 you can't go wrong with that. Then most games can be found used for a good price. I recommend getting Call of Duty 2, and then jumping on one of the newer ones to see just how far games have come for the 360.

It'll be around 2 years before we see a new one hitting the shelves. For $199 you can't go wrong with that. Then most games can be found used for a good price. I recommend getting Call of Duty 2, and then jumping on one of the newer ones to see just how far games have come for the 360.

True but, you only get 4gb for $200, that will only go so far. Games with lots of DLC will only give you less room.

I guess there is always a risk buying on ebay but, I got my 250gb with 2 games and 2 controllers for ~$175. Just something to think about.

Semi newb question: I had a launch 360 that RRODed after a year or so. Once I got it back from repair, I sold it. My bro bought me a new 360 this Xmas. I was hooking it up, but I noticed that there are no more memory card slots (I had a 360 memory card withs ome old game saves like GOW and DOA) and no slots to hook up the HD-DVD add on (a novelty, I know, but I'd like the option to use it if I so choose too).

Yeah, I realize that this was more of a statement, but can someone confirm that those were removed?

There is no reason not to get your first 360 right now. They are cheap now and most great games are cheap as well, actually right now would be the perfect time to start with your first 360.

It will be a while before the new ones come out, at least 3-4 years, then l still would not recomend getting one untill at least another year after they are released, that way you can avoid getting the first bad batches and tweeks will be made to them through the first year or so. So we still have 4-5 maybe + years to enjoy our 360s before the next big thing.

So does anybody know when the Star Wars R2 edition Xbox is gonna get released? it was supposed to be on 12/31/11 but it got delayed and I haven't heard a concrete or reliable date from anywhere. I've seen June and also Feb dates. Anybody got any info on it?

I've seen February listed several times so that is probably a good date, but who realistically knows. Do you really have to get the Star Wars edition? The Gears 3 and Modern Warfare 3 are pretty good looking consoles, and I see piles of them still leftover from Xmas at Best Buy.

The Star Wars Kinect game doesn't have a release date, and the game comes with the console, so it could be a while.

I'd be willing to be it won't be out until 3rd or 4th qtr of this year.

Back