Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah really looking forward to seeing what the new xbox will be pushing and not to mention what the price tag will look like at launch.

No they can stick that thing up their ass. I have bought a few used games in my time and think its ridiculous that they want to block people from buying them. What do you do when you friend wants to borrow your game well he is outta luck because he didnt buy it new or you have a kid that wants to play your new game on his system sorry son but you didnt buy it new so you dont get to play it. The used game business is huge and these game company's are just pissed because they cant get their hands in the cookie jar.

Seems odd. I can see where a publisher would want this but not sure why a hardware company would want that. Sure Microsoft publishes games but they seem to lose very little in comparison to larger publishers in regards to used games.

Not only would that end used games sales but rentals. I could see it really drop the sales of lesser games where you buy it used but would never buy it new. If those people who bought it new knew they could not trade it in they might not buy it either.

I expected to see more passes for online play that wouldnt carry over with a used game.

Exactly, ive picked up several games used that I would have never bought otherwise. This also brings up the argument of "Id pay $15 for that, but not $45" in the sense of games need to be worth my $60. If im paying $60 i better get more than a 5 hour single player campaign or just a rehashed sequel.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I hope it's not true. At least 1/4 of my game collection have been bought used.

Absolutely not. My game purchases have almost come to a halt as it is, but if there was no more option of buying used then I'd probably give up gaming for good. Like others say there's a lot of impulse purchases that I do with Gamefly with games on sale that I'd never pay full price for, or if I did I'd severely be pissed.

Absolutely not. My game purchases have almost come to a halt as it is, but if there was no more option of buying used then I'd probably give up gaming for good. Like others say there's a lot of impulse purchases that I do with Gamefly with games on sale that I'd never pay full price for, or if I did I'd severely be pissed.

Im with you man, if it wasnt for used games...Id have maybe 2 games that I payed full price for. Most games just arent worth it these days or I just end up borrowing stuff from people at work.

That is not gonna happen.

I wonder if Microsoft started the rumor though to get people's opinions.

You know the PS3 was supposed to have "used game protection". The idea was to have the Blu-rays be writeable in one spot to allow them to mark the systems it was played on. Once you played it on 3 systems the game was locked to those systems. The backlash to the idea was so bad that they removed the feature before release though I'm sure making the discs rewriteable to a point would have raised the price of games too.

You know the PS3 was supposed to have "used game protection". The idea was to have the Blu-rays be writeable in one spot to allow them to mark the systems it was played on. Once you played it on 3 systems the game was locked to those systems. The backlash to the idea was so bad that they removed the feature before release though I'm sure making the discs rewriteable to a point would have raised the price of games too.

yeah lets hope this doesnt happen. I barely want to pay $60 for a new game so if they raised it...i for real wont have any games.

can anyone help me with this...

I have a xbox 360 slim with the 4gb internal memory. I just installed a 60gb hard drive to it. Whenever I play MW3 multiplayer it asks me to choose a storage device and I have to choose my installed hard drive every time since i transfered all of the saved data on to it.

Is there any way to make the installed HD the default main storage device to over-ride the 4gb internal memory so i dont have to select it every time I play a game?

can anyone help me with this...

I have a xbox 360 slim with the 4gb internal memory. I just installed a 60gb hard drive to it. Whenever I play MW3 multiplayer it asks me to choose a storage device and I have to choose my installed hard drive every time since i transfered all of the saved data on to it.

Is there any way to make the installed HD the default main storage device to over-ride the 4gb internal memory so i dont have to select it every time I play a game?

I have never found a way with memory cards or the cloud. What I have found is the systems will detect memory and will give you option to save to any of these. I was like you and use to get really ignorant owed by it but now just deal with it.

You best bet would be figure a way to disable the 4gb internal memory.

Check the console settings to see if you can set the hard drive as the default storage device or something. Even then, in games it always asks where you want to save your game, but I guess it might make the hard drive the first choice

Check the console settings to see if you can set the hard drive as the default storage device or something. Even then, in games it always asks where you want to save your game, but I guess it might make the hard drive the first choice

checked all of the settings twice over. there is no such option to set the new HD to default storage.

I guess it is a flaw in the OS that many people are asking for to be patched in a future dashboard update. guess i'll just deal with it or move the data back to the 4gb flash memory.

After all these years I finally bought a Xbox system because my son had a taste of Halo 4 and been bothering me ever since. I scored a Final Fantasy VIII bundle brand new for $100. Does this specific model have any bugs or known to get the RROD?
f01d97c4f339b79451ce574fc827bd69.jpg

After all these years I finally bought a Xbox system because my son had a taste of Halo 4 and been bothering me ever since. I scored a Final Fantasy VIII bundle brand new for $100. Does this specific model have any bugs or known to get the RROD?
f01d97c4f339b79451ce574fc827bd69.jpg

Mind if I ask where you got that great deal? I'm trying to get one for the kid for Christmas

Mind if I ask where you got that great deal? I'm trying to get one for the kid for Christmas

My co worker bought extra during the holidays last year at our local navy exchange. They did not end up using it or giving it away for a gift. I mentioned to him about buying a system and he offered to sell it to me at the price he payed. I couldn't pass this up.

That's a good deal. The only thing I'd warn about is that it's an old model 360 that may be more prone to the dreaded red ring. Not much you can do about that though. Just hope for the best.

That's a good deal. The only thing I'd warn about is that it's an old model 360 that may be more prone to the dreaded red ring. Not much you can do about that though. Just hope for the best.

At first I was gonna get the Star Wars or Halo 4 bundle. What causes the red ring? Is there a way to prevent it?

Back