Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New dashboard is up, it's pretty lame! All though the sheep jumping over the people's heads when their offline is some what amusing I guess. The look is to dark and I'm felling cramped in there or something.

It definitely feels a bit clunkier than the old one. Not sure why they even bother TBH. If you aren't going to make a significant improvement, then leave it be.

I got on this morning to play mw3 and a pop up said, so n so plays this, and I though no ____! Most people know what their friends play already, seems like a waste really

Why do I feel like I'm using a Windows PC when I'm navigating through the new dashboard. :slap This thing is a mess.

I got on this morning to play mw3 and a pop up said, so n so plays this, and I though no ____! Most people know what their friends play already, seems like a waste really

In my eyes this new update is to help all the new casual gamers who went out and have kinects and are new to online gaming or gaming in general.

I got the update last night around midnight or so because I had connection issues and then when I finally got my connection figured out I got the update. I had a few other friends message me saying they didnt get it yet. Not sure

My brother bought a phone from Visions and got a $150 gift card so he bought a 4gb xbox slim. 2 days later the thing craped out, he got another one though. Damn Microsoft.

In my eyes this new update is to help all the new casual gamers who went out and have kinects and are new to online gaming or gaming in general.

I got the update last night around midnight or so because I had connection issues and then when I finally got my connection figured out I got the update. I had a few other friends message me saying they didnt get it yet. Not sure

I get it, unless your a noob it sucks right?! Lol

Update seems pretty cool - no real complaints - cloud storage is a nice bonus - not that I will need it often, but for those that do go to friends houses, they must be besides themselves with this one

So I hooked up my 360 last night for the first time in about a year and a half, and I'd forgotten how loud the damn thing is. Are the newer X-Boxes still as annoying loud when they run?

So I hooked up my 360 last night for the first time in about a year and a half, and I'd forgotten how loud the damn thing is. Are the newer X-Boxes still as annoying loud when they run?

Download the games to the hard drive, problem solved.

The newer ones are better even running the disc.

I have the original Elite one - 4 years old and its quiet....are you talking when playing a dvd or whatnot....? Do you download games to your HDD? if not, do so and the quiet factor is really improved.

Since the change to the new dvd format, my game will spin for 2 min then stop - cant imagine playing a game any other way now....

I think it's formatted better in the sense that everything is flat and centered on the screen. Plus, the way the media apps are formatted now makes everything easier to view and more accessible.

I will say that I'm still surprised that a lot of the options are still shoved down the gamers throat without an option to customize what is viewable. I really don't need to see a big Smurf movie preview on my screen when the box for the game I have in my system is 1/4 of the size. I'd also like to have the most used apps on the Home portion of the screen so I don't have to needlessly cycle through menus.

Play Game, Video Market Place, Netflix, Game Market Place. Those are about all I ever go to on the Dashboard. Put all that on the Home screen. Or give me the option to do it myself.

Personally, I dig the changes.....real easy to find stuff

only thing I miss: you click on a game and get that cool full screen shot of whatever art theyve chosen.....

Back