Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's like paying the same for a PS3. Then I dont get why people complain about the PS3 price.

nash said:
That's like paying the same for a PS3. Then I dont get why people complain about the PS3 price.
My issue with the PS3 is that Sony foreced you to get the blu-ray drive that drove the price up, its not needed for the games and anyone who says it is full of ****. It has proved to be bad idea as the sales are not all that great.

mfoga said:
My issue with the PS3 is that Sony foreced you to get the blu-ray drive that drove the price up, its not needed for the games and anyone who says it is full of ****. It has proved to be bad idea as the sales are not all that great.

doesnt bother me any.

darthviper107 said:
For $50 more you can trade out your current one for the Elite and have a black system and HDMI.

Really, the 120GB hard drive is cheating you out of money, some people opened it up and it's just a notebook hard drive worth $100.

Hey, Seaward, the Elite doesn't come with the transfer cable, from what I've heard there's some way you have to contact microsoft and they'll send you one. But they aren't included.

I figured this way I got the look for the system I want, as black fits in better with my electronics, I upgraded to HDMI, for the new HD set (though that is still a ways off), and I didn't spend much more than upgrading the hard drive after my brother buys my premium.

Microsoft will be mailing out the transfer cable for the cost of shipping to those of us who upgraded to the elite. They have an offer on their website.

I also figure it'll be nice to be able to LAN a couple of 360's for some Halo 3 parties this fall.

I'll never use the 20GB drive I currently have. I certainly don't need another 100GB's. I don't think the HDMI is that important to me, hell I could almost get an HD DVD player for the $250 cost difference. The only thing I'd be interested in is the newer, cooler system.

nash said:

Not anymore, Sony is discontinuing the 20GB PS3 so now the cheapest PS3 is $600, and they're going to be releasing an 80GB version sometime soon which will probably be $700, so PS3 is still too expensive.

Really the only reason to get an Elite is if you need the HDMI or if you don't have an Xbox yet (as in my case), and if you've got the Core system then you've been jipped this entire time...

Is there really going to be such a big difference in picture quality from the current component cable output to hdmi? Am I really going to be able to notice the difference when playing Gears?

Fritz said:
Is there really going to be such a big difference in picture quality from the current component cable output to hdmi? Am I really going to be able to notice the difference when playing Gears?

just slightly i think, if at all. the hdmi is for the hd-dvd drive in 1080p. it's not really for the games.

to be honest im pissed off with sony and microsoft. as great as both systems are they are both too fraking expensive. im looking forward to getting a wii this summer and then im done with video games for a long time.

If you have a LARGE TV(Arround 50 inches) that supports 1080p then you WILL see a difference in any 360 game compared to component cables. BUT if you have a TV smaller than 50" you will not notice a difference between component cables and HDMI. So HDMI is only good if you have a TV that supports 1080p and it needs to be large.....

Thanks

Or if you don't have Component inputs on your display.

I like the Wii, since it's cheap and it looks fun to play. But since it's so very different from the 360 or PS3 I just can't stand the lower quality, the Wii versions of some games just aren't that great, and I know it won't be getting many of the games that I like, which is why I'm going with the 360.

Then again, by the time I get the money for the 360 I'd have enough for both systems....

NightCreeper said:
If you have a LARGE TV(Arround 50 inches) that supports 1080p then you WILL see a difference in any 360 game compared to component cables. BUT if you have a TV smaller than 50" you will not notice a difference between component cables and HDMI. So HDMI is only good if you have a TV that supports 1080p and it needs to be large.....

Thanks

The TV the XBox is currently on is 720p/1080i @ 44". I also have a 1080p 62" TV that I was thinking about moving the XBox to in order to watch HD-DVD movies. So what your saying is I should buy a 360 Elite for that one and keep this one in my basement. :monkey5 But if I do that the HD Drive will be white while the 360 Elite is black. :eek:

There's a possibility of them putting out a black version of the HD-DVD drive, if you don't like the color you can hide it and act like it's not there...:monkey3

But yeah, I'd want HDMI for a 60" 1080p TV

darthviper107 said:
There's a possibility of them putting out a black version of the HD-DVD drive, if you don't like the color you can hide it and act like it's not there...:monkey3

But yeah, I'd want HDMI for a 60" 1080p TV
if they were smart they would've put the HD DVD drive in the elite version to truly make it elite. but yeah i expect to see a black hd drive in the future.

hairlesswookiee said:
if they were smart they would've put the HD DVD drive in the elite version to truly make it elite. but yeah i expect to see a black hd drive in the future.
The reason they dont want to is that way if Blu-Ray wins the war , bang here is a Blu-Ray add on drive.

Xbox Live update...pretty sweet:

Games for Windows — LIVE Launches

Beginning May 8th, sign on to LIVE from a Windows Vista™ PC with your existing gamertag at no extra cost. One gamertag, one friends list, one list of achievements. It all adds up to one great multiplayer experience.

More about Games for Windows — LIVE.

IM with Windows LIVE™ Messenger

Be more social. Starting this week, you’ll be able to instant message friends from your console just like you do on a PC or mobile phone.

More about Windows Live Messenger.

Faster Marketplace Downloads

Up to 3 times faster! Our Spring Update is adding speed to video downloads. But being faster is just the beginning. You can now fast-forward, pause and rewind videos, trailers and movies as they're being downloaded on Xbox LIVE Marketplace. All that plus more free content and promotions at Xbox LIVE Marketplace thanks to new sponsors.

More about Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Dashboard Updates

Whether you're playing, looking for downloads or bragging, your Xbox 360™ Dashboard is making it all better with these updates:

New achievement pop-up with name and score value

New Marketplace blade places content all in one place

“Friends playing now” at Xbox LIVE Arcade

Faster access to free trial versions of Arcade games

Console can be set to turn off after downloads to save energy.

Enhanced Family Settings

If you have kids or just want to be able to better control who can contact you, use our updated family settings to enable different defaults for video and voice/text chat for even safer communication.

Also, coming out later this month will be Shadowrun, the first game with cross-console compatibility.

People on PC will be able to play people on Xbox 360, it'll be fun. What's cool though is that my brother got a Xbox 360 Elite, and I've got a PC so we can play against each other once the game comes out. I wish Halo 2 had that feature though.

Latest posts

Back