Media XBOX ONE X PROJECT SCORPIO EDITION preorder up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easter Egg

On the motherboard there’s an etching of Master Chief riding a Scorpio

GTwr3qJ.jpg

IMG_5493.jpg

Really love my X! Of course I only have experience with two games so far... I own forza 7 and have downloaded the Rise of the Tomb Raider demo but the quality of the system seems pretty apparent.

Thinking of picking up some other cool controllers to go with it. And so far I've yet to have a single issue with my system. Love the look of the scorpio. Love the UI.

I still love my Pro, but I'm really digging my X! I just hope MS will make some exclusives that harness the power of the system.

@Rulk- that Easter egg is very cool. But it's one I'll never see as I won't be opening up my console. It's a weird surprise as I don't imagine many people plan to dissect their X.

Last edited:
View attachment 378641

Really love my X! Of course I only have experience with two games so far... I own forza 7 and have downloaded the Rise of the Tomb Raider but the quality of the system seems pretty apparent.

Thinking of picking up some other cool controllers to go with it. And so far I've yet to have a single issue with my system. Love the look of the scorpio. Love the UI.

I still love my Pro, but I'm really digging my X! I just hope MS will make some exclusives that harness the power of the system.

@Rulk- that Easter egg is very cool. But it's one I'll never see as I won't be opening up my console. It's a weird surprise as I don't imagine many people plan to dissect their X.

Forza 7 and Tomb raider look Amazing on it in 4K

I actually still need to pick up a 4K tv. Games still look gorgeous but I can only imagine how much crisper they'll look on a new tv.

I got my Project Scorpio the other day. Loving the texture difference between it and the regular one. Love how it fades into a greyish looking color. Decided to just keep the regular X I had bought and gave it to my wife for her study. My daughter loved the 4k gaming so much, I bought her one as well for her 65 4k tv I bought her a while back. I put my Scorpio in my gaming room and my Day One Edition Xbox One in my den. Wife's original Xbox One got put in our bedroom and we have a PS4 Pro in the living room lol. We're pretty much good for gaming in most of the house haha.

XBox One X (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
XBox One X (2) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
XBox One X (3) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
XBox One X (4) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
XBox One X (5) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
XBox One X (6) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
XBox One X (7) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Xbox One X (7) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

I got my Project Scorpio the other day. Loving the texture difference between it and the regular one. Love how it fades into a greyish looking color. Decided to just keep the regular X I had bought and gave it to my wife for her study. My daughter loved the 4k gaming so much, I bought her one as well for her 65 4k tv I bought her a while back. I put my Scorpio in my gaming room and my Day One Edition Xbox One in my den. Wife's original Xbox One got put in our bedroom and we have a PS4 Pro in the living room lol. We're pretty much good for gaming in most of the house haha.

XBox One X (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
XBox One X (2) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
XBox One X (3) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
XBox One X (4) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
XBox One X (5) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
XBox One X (6) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
XBox One X (7) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Xbox One X (7) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

YAS! Great come up and Nice Cave :) Loving the 4k Gaming experience.

I actually wish they didn't focus on 4K 60 FPS on Forza 7... there are some corners they clearly cut to do so and it bugs me now that I notice them.

Yeah yeah it looks sharp but it doesn't blow away GT Sport or DriveClub like it should.

Yeah but GT Sport had a long time for development and compared to that, Forza 7 was really short. The fact it's almost on par visual wise says alot about Forza.

Then you compare the amount of cars Forza 7 has vs. the competition and Forza really shines.

EB Games Canada had a pretty good promotion

Trade in your old Xbox One or PS4 and $50 (or $35 USD) and get a brand new Xbox One S

Just to chip in that OLED will obviously be the ideal and best setup but there are some great LCD/LED edge sets which do HDR and do it very well. I just got a Panasonic EX700 50” for a reasonable price and it looks stunning, especially with my X. No regrets at all.

Is image burn still an issue on newer oleds?

Do the research don't go by heresay from a collectibles forum. It's a significant purchase so do the homework.
Burn in was an issue but LG for instance has made significant advances and safeguards in avoiding it in their latest models.
Vist A/V forums and sites that specialize in that tech. Digital Foundry put out a video before Black Friday on the topic of best TVs for the XBX1.

Is image burn still an issue on newer oleds?

From what I understand burn-in is still an issue, I'm not sure that's something that they can fix, it's probably a downside of the technology.

Do the research don't go by heresay from a collectibles forum. It's a significant purchase so do the homework.
Burn in was an issue but LG for instance has made significant advances and safeguards in avoiding it in their latest models.
Vist A/V forums and sites that specialize in that tech. Digital Foundry put out a video before Black Friday on the topic of best TVs for the XBX1.

From what I've read on the forums (glancing around) I've seen a few people report bi's. I have a 2016 and haven't had any issues yet, thankfully, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happen at some point.

But yes, do extensive homework first before making such a large purchase. These tv's aren't cheap.

Back