Media XBOX ONE X PROJECT SCORPIO EDITION preorder up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got all my games put on the X. Got my X set up in my gaming/Toy room and my Day One edition set up in my den. Wife has hers in our bedroom. so I think we're good with Xbox Ones for now haha.

Xbox One X (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Xbox One X (2) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Xbox One X (3) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Xbox One X (4) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Xbox One X (5) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Xbox One X (6) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Xbox One X (7) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Xbox One X (8) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

So I'm hearing of all these issues with the x specifically with the Scorpio edition. That they're bricking within hours of purchase. I'm picking mine up Wednesday but now I'm seriously considering cancelling my order... It's making me nervous.

What are everyone's experiences here with their consoles?

How wide spread is this?

I'm one of the many who went through multiple 360s so the thought of going through this with the x seriously kills my excitement!

Doesn't seem widespread.

Seems about the same as it did with some of the Switches, PS4 and original One. Every system goes through some amounts of faulty ones. Hell, my original PS2 and PS4 broke with in a couple weeks, as did others but it wasn't even remotely wide spread.

Funny though, I Only went through one Xbox 360 breaking, got lucky there but my brothers went through like 5 lol. Weird thing about theirs, only 1 over heated, the rest were faulty dvd drives.

I've played my system pretty heavy with Forza 7, GTA V, Halo 5 the past couple days, seems fine to me. As I said, every system has a certain failure rate and currently, the X looks like any other systems failure rate but things could change. That's just the chance you take with any electronic, usually the norm is 4-5 percent failure rate I believe. Just people who's systems mess up are very vocal and can make it seem more widespread that it really is.

Now, the 360, that was a whole another issue, those had like a 30 percent failure rate lol.

On another note, damn the One X is selling well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...ing-away-everyones-expectations/#738a9e203a2c

So I'm hearing of all these issues with the x specifically with the Scorpio edition. That they're bricking within hours of purchase. I'm picking mine up Wednesday but now I'm seriously considering cancelling my order... It's making me nervous.

What are everyone's experiences here with their consoles?

How wide spread is this?

I'm one of the many who went through multiple 360s so the thought of going through this with the x seriously kills my excitement!

Mine is doing fine and kicking 4K textures like a Champ! :)

Doesn't seem widespread.

Seems about the same as it did with some of the Switches, PS4 and original One. Every system goes through some amounts of faulty ones. Hell, my original PS2 and PS4 broke with in a couple weeks, as did others but it wasn't even remotely wide spread.

Funny though, I Only went through one Xbox 360 breaking, got lucky there but my brothers went through like 5 lol. Weird thing about theirs, only 1 over heated, the rest were faulty dvd drives.

I've played my system pretty heavy with Forza 7, GTA V, Halo 5 the past couple days, seems fine to me. As I said, every system has a certain failure rate and currently, the X looks like any other systems failure rate but things could change. That's just the chance you take with any electronic, usually the norm is 4-5 percent failure rate I believe. Just people who's systems mess up are very vocal and can make it seem more widespread that it really is.

Now, the 360, that was a whole another issue, those had like a 30 percent failure rate lol.

On another note, damn the One X is selling well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...ing-away-everyones-expectations/#738a9e203a2c

That's what I'm hoping. But I noticed you have the regular X and from what I'm hearing it may be only the scorpios' having this issue. Then again the scorpio's and regulars internals are 100% exactly the same so that doesn't seem to make a bit of sense. I personally had quite a few problems with my 360s but luckily it would seem my last one was a winner.

Mine is doing fine and kicking 4K textures like a Champ! :)

Good to hear! You guys have brought back a little bit of my excitement.

Wow, turns out my parents bought me the Scorpio Edition for my birthday, which is coming up in December.

I had told them I wanted an X but wasn't going to get it this year. My parents ordered me one the other day lol. My wife told my mom this evening I had bought one and then my mom told her she had gotten me the better version.

Well, I'd hate her to send back the Scorpio Edition, so I'm going to keep that and prob return this one to Wal-Mart lol.

That's awesome! What a cool surprise!

On that note my local Walmart will have my scorpio available Wednesday so I'm looking forward to it. Less than 24 hours to go!

*Please oh please be a healthy little machine*.

That's awesome! What a cool surprise!

On that note my local Walmart will have my scorpio available Wednesday so I'm looking forward to it. Less than 24 hours to go!

*Please oh please be a healthy little machine*.

I believe that's where they ordered the one they got me.

I bought mine on a whim. Was just going to wait but the wife was going out to Wal-Mart and I was cussing my current Day One Edition because sometimes it takes multiple tries to get it to read a disc, sometimes 3-4 times at random. Wife's works fine but for some reason, mine is a piece of crap when it comes to reading discs. I told her to grab me an X because I'm sick of dealing with this Day One Edition. Damn, wish I'd have waited haha.

Good luck buddy, hope you and I both get good working ones. My parent's apparently got me some 4 year service plan on mine from what my wife said, so I feel better knowing that. I didn't get any extended warranty on the one I had my wife get.

Thanks my friend I hope you get working one as well!

I bought mine online and had it shipped to store for me to pick up. I didn't buy any warranty when I purchased online but I'm going to inquire about that when I go to pick it up.

I already have forza and I am SO freaking excited to try it out. My first Xbox since my 360 elite. :)

Surprisingly I love my XBOX one X

Gold members get to shop Black Friday deals early

I was able to pick up

Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition
Halo 5 Deluxe
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Deluxe
Metal Gear 5 Definitive Edition

20 other mini games all for dirt cheap

Regrettably my HDD is full

I’m considering modding the HDD to replace with an SSD i have lying around

I’m saving the last 200 GB for Anthem and Red Dead Redemption 2

I wanted to rebuy the resident evil series but I’m already out of space

[h=1]FUN FACT: YOUR XBOX ONE MUST BE DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO A WALL OUTLET[/h][h=2]The More You Know[/h]There are a lot of stipulations that come with having an Xbox One X. One of them is $499.99. After that, you may need an external hard drive. But, if you want the thing to work right, Microsoft has this simple recommendation.
XboxOneXmedia-min-700x394.jpg
Do not use a surge protector. According to the Xbox support site, all Xbox One consoles built with a surge protector already; therefore, it’s in your best interest to just plug it into a wall outlet. Otherwise, the machine can’t boot up to full power. “The more you know.” Understandably, a lot of people would be oblivious to this fact, which would explain why Xbox went ahead and warned everyone via Twitter. This makes loads of sense since people spent way more time on social media than manuals. No judgment.

I'm loving my One X. It's nothing mind blowing compared to One in terms of different features but it does everything so much better. I haven't even had a chance to play any of the 4K enhanced games yet. I'm loving that even Overwatch looks better on the One X and we don't even have the 4k patch yet. The most notable is on the main menu. With my original One, the characters looked a little jagged. Now everything is crisper. This is one purchase I am happy to have made.

[h=1]FUN FACT: YOUR XBOX ONE MUST BE DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO A WALL OUTLET[/h][h=2]The More You Know[/h]There are a lot of stipulations that come with having an Xbox One X. One of them is $499.99. After that, you may need an external hard drive. But, if you want the thing to work right, Microsoft has this simple recommendation.
XboxOneXmedia-min-700x394.jpg
Do not use a surge protector. According to the Xbox support site, all Xbox One consoles built with a surge protector already; therefore, it’s in your best interest to just plug it into a wall outlet. Otherwise, the machine can’t boot up to full power. “The more you know.” Understandably, a lot of people would be oblivious to this fact, which would explain why Xbox went ahead and warned everyone via Twitter. This makes loads of sense since people spent way more time on social media than manuals. No judgment.

Would have never known unless I looked in this thread. Thanks.

Back