Media XBOX ONE X PROJECT SCORPIO EDITION preorder up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly, the lack of exclusives makes this console much less appealing than my PS4. My computer is just as good, if not better, than what the One X can provide. Bought the One when it came with the Kinect and I have maybe 2-3 games for it. For me, a waste of money....

I'm getting one.

The notion of playing multiconsole games that look their best on the Xbox One X is highly appealing to me.

And I don't have the money(or ability) to put together a PC equivelent.

I've also been pretty happy with my Xbox One.

XB1X is powerful enough to stick around a good long while and exclusives will come in that time. Plus existing hits are being retooled to take advantage of its capabilities. A console will now be able to properly handle games with mods like Skyrim and Fallout 4.

If you have a good gaming PC then there's not a lot of reason to get the Xbox, plus the big games for this aren't very good, Forza 7 is fine but we've had a Forza game every year since the console first launched, and Crackdown 3 looks terrible. And Microsoft keeps canceling big exclusives.

The only reason I even own an Xbox One S is because Sony dropped the ball by not having a 4K player in the PS4 Pro. The only reason I still have the XBox One X on pre-order is that it might further justify the 4K TV I bought.

You wouldn't be able to build a 4k PC for $500 or under. It's a deal.

If you already have a gaming PC or if you're looking for the best graphics (which is the audience for this) then PC is a better option. I doubt that the Xbox One X will be able to maintain 4K, it's got an equivalent of a GTX 1060 which can't really do it either.

If you already have a gaming PC or if you're looking for the best graphics (which is the audience for this) then PC is a better option. I doubt that the Xbox One X will be able to maintain 4K, it's got an equivalent of a GTX 1060 which can't really do it either.

$500 is a good value compared to PC for what you get for sure, but it's not going to hit 4K and maintain the framerate without some sacrifices. Console games are optimized better for the hardware, but it's still likely to lower some settings like antialiasing or texture resolution, there's always graphics improvements on PC beyond what the consoles can do.
But I think the lack of good exclusives and that many people have their friends on Playstation will make it a challenge for people to want to get an Xbox One X

Not listening to anything from that Colt Eastwood guy. Big MS fanboy.

Digital Foundry seems to be a good unbiased source all through the XB1X development, they seem pretty impressed with the final product. The overall graphical improvements and processing power isn't from just off the shelf components or just a new graphics card. The chips and architecture were built to get rid of bandwidth bottlenecks specifically for this console.

Looks like Fallout3 and Fallout Vegas just got updated.

Last edited:
I am deciding on putting a 1070 and an i7 in my PC (which unfortunately will need a new motherboard to accommodate) to replace a 960 2gb and AMD FX-6300 or going for a XOX. I love PC gaming, but I definitely have had my share of frustrations dealing with making everything run smoothly on it. But that could very well be a product of the hardware inherited from a friend - there certainly are things I would have changed had I built it. I'm hoping black friday/cyber Monday will sink me the components for the price of an XOX.

Mashable's review is such horse ****. The guy is a Sony Fanboy. Everything he talks about in the Xbox review in a grey to negative light, he looks at in a positive light in the PS4 review.

These guys are a bit over the top in their enthusiasm but judge for yourselves:
(I don't think I'll be disappointed)

Last edited:
Mine comes today, but i might send it back. I have a good gaming PC, and there's just no ****ing games for this. PS has better exclusives, and since i only hardcore a handful of games i just dont know if i'll keep it.

Back