Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother finally set up his sign in account but now kinect recognizes me and then me as him, bringing up his account also by greeting him! :lol. We look very much alike, anyone know it's possible to optimize the visual recognition a bit more?

Last edited:
yeah thats the way it is for ps3 and xbox. i like it for when I'm watching a tv show, and it pops up so I can skip right away to the next episode. don't care about it doing it for movies though, cause as soon as the credit roll i back out to the menu.

Hey everybody. I got an Xbox One for Christmas; it's not something I would have bought for myself this soon or at full price, but it's an extremely generous gift, so I feel like a curmudgeonly *** for complaining, but here goes:

Is anyone else using it without Kinect? Call me paranoid, but I don't like the idea of my voice- and face-recognition data (not to mention a camera and microphone in my living room) being accessible to a corporation (and probably the NSA), so I haven't plugged it in. The login procedure is a small pain in the *** without it; there's no auto-sign-in like on the 360, so you have to manually assign each controller to a profile every time you power up. You also can't tell which controller is assigned to which player or which profiles are active in game (at least I haven't figured it out yet). This, my cancelation of XBL (I can't stand playing online—too many douchebags—so I only used it for Netflix, and the Roku is much faster, plays HD more often, and doesn't cost me another fee after I've bought it), not having cable anymore, and still playing 360 games combine to pretty much kill the "all-in-one entertainment box" thing.

Other thoughts: It sure is huge. Shouldn't new technology be smaller than an older machine? I had to put it under my 360, because it's much bigger. The controller feels kind of cheap (not much resistance/tactile feedback in the sticks or the triggers).

I've only played three games so far: Dead Rising 3 (fun so far, impressive number of zombies), Peggle 2 (awesome but seems shorter than the original), and Lego Marvel (looks pretty, seems like it will be fun, but it gives me a headache). I tend to play older games (I still feel like a fool paying $50 for a game), so I'm mostly playing Bioshock Infinite on the 360.

End of old-man rant, back to Peggle 2.

I wouldn't recommend putting anything on top of the One. The big a$$ vents are there for a reason.

Just picked up Forza 5 before all the stores closed yesterday.

All I can say is WOWBAJEEBUS.

I'm not even a car guy...but this game may have ignited some kind of weird obsession with them now.

Don't think I've played a better game. And I suck at it too.

Hey everybody. I got an Xbox One for Christmas; it's not something I would have bought for myself this soon or at full price, but it's an extremely generous gift, so I feel like a curmudgeonly *** for complaining, but here goes:

Is anyone else using it without Kinect? Call me paranoid, but I don't like the idea of my voice- and face-recognition data (not to mention a camera and microphone in my living room) being accessible to a corporation (and probably the NSA), so I haven't plugged it in.

I have it facing the wall. voice I don't care about. but yeah having a camera on me all the time isn't a nice idea.

And yeah you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Appreciate the facts that A) you got it for free...and B) you got one at all.

I know countless folks who have been trying to get theirs hands on this for the past month.

I have it facing the wall. voice I don't care about. but yeah having a camera on me all the time isn't a nice idea.

And yeah you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Appreciate the facts that A) you got it for free...and B) you got one at all.

I know countless folks who have been trying to get theirs hands on this for the past month.

That's not a bad idea. Maybe I'll try putting it in time out. And you're absolutely right: I'm certainly not complaining about getting a really nice gift.

If you want, you can also put a piece of tape over the camera. For me, I don't use the camera at all except to sign in, but the voice controls are very useful, like if I'm in the kitchen I can tell it to pause, and it can turn on and off all the electronics.

The only problem I'm having is that Netflix has a hard time streaming, usually the quality is very low and I'm not sure why, I can get better quality streaming to my phone from the other side of the house away from the router so I think it must be the Netflix app.

The only problem I'm having is that Netflix has a hard time streaming, usually the quality is very low and I'm not sure why, I can get better quality streaming to my phone from the other side of the house away from the router so I think it must be the Netflix app.

I was wondering the exact same thing. The netflix stream looks like crap compared to the same connection I have through my PS3

I scoured through all the settings and I didn't see anything of note

Ok so I finally played a game on my XBone. I ended up downloading Halo Spartant Assault which is fun. But the game has locked up on me once and reset on me another time in the short time I played it. I'm wondering if it's a system problem or game problem? :gah:

PS. I noticed that there isn't a thread for Spartan Assault so I was considering starting a new thread but I don't think anyone cares about this game so I didn't bother. :monkey1

There's no way to play XBOX arcade games on Xbox One, right? Kinda sucks as I want to play the FX pinball tables I have but don't have my 360 anymore.

Is anyone else using it without Kinect? Call me paranoid, but I don't like the idea of my voice- and face-recognition data (not to mention a camera and microphone in my living room) being accessible to a corporation (and probably the NSA), so I haven't plugged it in. The login procedure is a small pain in the *** without it; there's no auto-sign-in like on the 360, so you have to manually assign each controller to a profile every time you power up. You also can't tell which controller is assigned to which player or which profiles are active in game (at least I haven't figured it out yet). This, my cancelation of XBL (I can't stand playing online—too many douchebags—so I only used it for Netflix, and the Roku is much faster, plays HD more often, and doesn't cost me another fee after I've bought it), not having cable anymore, and still playing 360 games combine to pretty much kill the "all-in-one entertainment box" thing.

Other thoughts: It sure is huge. Shouldn't new technology be smaller than an older machine? I had to put it under my 360, because it's much bigger. The controller feels kind of cheap (not much resistance/tactile feedback in the sticks or the triggers).

I've only played three games so far: Dead Rising 3 (fun so far, impressive number of zombies), Peggle 2 (awesome but seems shorter than the original), and Lego Marvel (looks pretty, seems like it will be fun, but it gives me a headache). I tend to play older games (I still feel like a fool paying $50 for a game), so I'm mostly playing Bioshock Infinite on the 360.

End of old-man rant, back to Peggle 2.
Hope you don't have Facebook, Twitter, ect.. Not to mention a cell phone.

There's no way to play XBOX arcade games on Xbox One, right? Kinda sucks as I want to play the FX pinball tables I have but don't have my 360 anymore.

No I would expect to see it show up soon, but no way to say if you get to keep your old tables you bought or will you have to start over.

Ok so I finally played a game on my XBone. I ended up downloading Halo Spartant Assault which is fun. But the game has locked up on me once and reset on me another time in the short time I played it. I'm wondering if it's a system problem or game problem? :gah:

PS. I noticed that there isn't a thread for Spartan Assault so I was considering starting a new thread but I don't think anyone cares about this game so I didn't bother. :monkey1

Can you rent a game locally. It might be worth it to try a game to make sure it's not a problem with the system.

Can you rent a game locally. It might be worth it to try a game to make sure it's not a problem with the system.

I'm not worried about it since I bought the Microsoft extended warranty on the system. But, I'll give it a good run through when Tomb Raider comes out later this month. It just might be nice if someone else played Halo Spartan Assualt so we could compare notes. :lol

I'm enjoying the smart glass app on my iphone too. Now I don't even need to have my xbox on or even be at home to get messages and whatnot. I was out to lunch and got a notification that my buddy messaged me and I responded to them from my phone too.

Hope you don't have Facebook, Twitter, ect.. Not to mention a cell phone.

Ha! Yeah, no such thing as privacy on the Internet, but tracking my browsing or being able to triangulate my position from cell towers or GPS seems a bit less invasive than a camera and microphone always on in my home, storing data about my face, biometric data, and voice imprint. It's a matter of degrees, I guess.

Back