Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up, the new SyFy show Helix has its first two episodes free on XBOX Video. Just thought I'd share here since I didn't see it posted in its own thread. Seems to be getting good reviews so far!

I saw Major Nelson posted that the XBox One was the best selling next gen console in December. Congrats to Microsoft. Although it's a little misleading since Sony couldn't manufacture enough PS4's so there weren't many available. :lol

Pathetic or good marketing?

SOURCE - Gamespot

Microsoft paying YouTubers for positive Xbox One coverage
Video creators on YouTube are being paid for posting Xbox One videos that do not feature the console in a negative light, but they must not mention the promotion.

Seems kinda stupid to me. I mean for as many people on there that probably did this, there are probably 3 times as many who said screw it and posted their honest opinion. I also don't get why MS are doing this. I mean the xbone has been pretty well liked so far. In terms of critiques, it seems like Xbone and PS4 are pretty neck in neck.

Pathetic or good marketing?

SOURCE - Gamespot

Microsoft paying YouTubers for positive Xbox One coverage
Video creators on YouTube are being paid for posting Xbox One videos that do not feature the console in a negative light, but they must not mention the promotion.

I would say neither. I don't know that its good marketing but it is a very common marketing practice.

Had a couple of iphone 4s's from upgrades and a load of old ps3/360 tosh to get rid of so traded it all in for a Xbox one, Forza, Dead Rising and Ryse at CEX.
First impressions:

Really surprised how well the kinect voice recognition works. Not just a fad, actually really helpful in game and getting around the dashboard.

Not convinced by this dashboard yet, getting to an obvious place was such a pain but I'm sure that will ease once I work out the kinect commands.

Controller is nearly perfect. Nearly. Those god awful LB and RB halfway house things are terrible. 360 was miles easier and fluid for games like Battlefield.

DOWNLOAAAAAAAAAADS! Jesus Lordy I had to wait forever before I could even play one damn game!

Ryse is simply stunning. Tops Killzone in my eyes for wow factor.

Dead rising 3 I'm loving but theres that "it could have been so much better" feeling.

Still waiting on everything else to download lol. But overall I'm welcoming this console as I was getting sick of waiting for new PS4 content.

So what is it that the XBONE is losing demand. Stores seem to have a good amount unlike the PS4. Although I see every now and then stores getting very little stock of PS4 lately.

I'm still not getting either at this time but I'm curious

Back