Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my tv turns on, but it doesn't turn off when i turn off the system. would be nice, but at the same time might be annoying if i just wanted to turn xbox one off and use something else.

my tv turns on, but it doesn't turn off when i turn off the system. would be nice, but at the same time might be annoying if i just wanted to turn xbox one off and use something else.

There's a setting you have to enable if you want the TV to turn off a also. In the TV/Video settings I believe.

So I've had this for more than 3 weeks now and I still haven't played a game on it. :slap At least when I had the PS4 I completed Shadow Fall. I got the system with COD and promptly traded it for Ryse. This past weekend I sold Ryse without even playing it. :cuckoo: I think I have issues. :lol I'm considering getting Halo:Spartan Assault but that's not really next gen worthy. I pre-odered Tomb Raider so that may be the first game I play on this system and it's a something I've already completed. :thud:

So I've had this for more than 3 weeks now and I still haven't played a game on it. :slap At least when I had the PS4 I completed Shadow Fall. I got the system with COD and promptly traded it for Ryse. This past weekend I sold Ryse without even playing it. :cuckoo: I think I have issues. :lol I'm considering getting Halo:Spartan Assault but that's not really next gen worthy. I pre-odered Tomb Raider so that may be the first game I play on this system and it's a something I've already completed. :thud:

That was a pretty interesting window into the mind of Fritz. I think I might agree with your prognosis.

They're just aren't any must have games yet, plus all the great games on it are already on current gen (AcIV, etc). It would've been different if COD, ACIV, and Battlefield only released on nex-gen.

Even with Xbone's exclusives, none are really worth it to get now. I still recommend Ryse, Forza and DR3...but maybe get them after you've gotten the console when more games have been out.

Next year should be a great year for next-gen systems, most developers are switching/have switched to next-gen development only. So we'll get a lot more "exclusive" next-gen only titles next year from both first and third party developers (TitanFall being the first for Xbox One).

Both are great systems, but with all new console launches the games are few from the start and not always must haves right away.

They've done some really stupid crap for the launch titles.

How about a Star Wars title?
MS: OK. Star Wars: Angry Birds
Can we have a Lord of the Rings game?
MS: LEGO - Lord of the Rings

F--k. They trolled their own rollout.

I agree next year looks better but I think we all know ways they could have improved the starting lineup of games.

I wouldnt mind a BF4 that actually works.

Seriously if you ever want to play the most frustrating game available to humanity....give that a go on XB1

Anybody having trouble where every time they turn on the system you have to relogin your wi-fi code. Its like it never autosigns in on powerup. WTF!

Also wanted to share that I'm now on my third system as well. First one the kinect died after two days and the second one wouldn't read any discs at all straight out the box.

New one hass good so far except for this login problem. Any help out there?

Did you perform the software upgrade? Straight from the box it needed to phone home and DL a ~600MB system update to change the DRM policies.

AAAAaaaaaa!!!!!

I have a new thing to be mad about! I just watched my first film through the XBone Netflix client. I watched the Korean action flick "A Company Man". The moment the credits begin to roll the film shrinks to a tiny thumbnail to show a list of recommended films. Unacceptable! I can think of a lot of films that would be ruined by this. There's no setting to turn this off.

AAAAaaaaaa!!!!!

I have a new thing to be mad about! I just watched my first film through the XBone Netflix client. I watched the Korean action flick "A Company Man". The moment the credits begin to roll the film shrinks to a tiny thumbnail to show a list of recommended films. Unacceptable! I can think of a lot of films that would be ruined by this. There's no setting to turn this off.

Wow, that just blows.
I couldn't watch like that, especially with films that start right off with critical info that comes back as a plot twist towards the end of the film.

My BluRay didn't do it. I googled around. Netflix calls it "Post-Play" and they've been putting it in all their newer apps. I was mistaken to think it was an xbox thing. It still blows. They could at least give me a setting to turn it off. There are films I can think of where you don't want the credits interrupted.

AAAAaaaaaa!!!!!

I use my PS3 for Netflix and it does the same thing. Yes it's annoying but I think it's a Netflix issue not a console issue.

Back